Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Post by Laraqua »

This room is lit only by a faint glow coming from beneath the overhanging bed covers on the narrow double bed. The quilt itself looks quite warm and there is a radiator nearby for those who like things warmer. Though it would doubtless aggravate those from the Ministry of Fuel, the warmth in this room and the tick-tick-ticking of the radiator shows that it is currently on in an empty room which is considered quite a problem in a rationed economy. In the soft glow from beneath the bed, you can make out the silhouettes of the other furniture in the room. There is a lamp on the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are currently opened, a wardrobe facing the bed which has its doors open and is bulging with clothes, and the floor is covered in crinkly paper.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie flips the bed covers up to check beneath the bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is an old and heavy flashlight, slightly rusted around the edges, lying on its side beneath the bed. It looks like it's batteries are failing….

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Handy." Charlie takes the flashlight and searches the room, rummaging through drawers full of clothes, lifting the mattress and checking both its weight and if it seems to have been cut into at all along the sides and bottom.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

That paper underfoot appear to be pages from a Bible, often placed in the bedside cabinets of these places. The clothing within the cabinet and the wardrobe appears to be both male and female, rich and poor, height of fashion and terribly frumpy, and everything in between. There's a stack of hat boxes in the corner of the wardrobes that feel heavy, but when he opens them he sees something grotesque, horrible, utterly unthinkable. (Stability roll). Large bulging eyes, human-but-not-dark-leathery-face framed with shorter hair, scales along the lower torso, strange pelvis, and was that a tail it had ended within?

NOTE: You can get more of a look at the creature but it is assumed that the shock would make you drop the box or otherwise close it for the moment. Please state if you wish to investigate it more thoroughly. I haven't responded to the mattress search yet as at this point he hasn't managed to do so. The hatboxes would have been searched first.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie slams the lid back down on the hat box and holds back what would have been quiet a loud expletive. He laughs nervously and says to himself, "Well, that's definitely not gold." Putting the box down and out of the way, he continues his search.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charlie manages to shake off the shock and turns his attention to the other areas. It looks like this place has been turned over, some of the clothes are hanging a bit out of the bedside cabinet, including a scandalous variety of different underpants, male, female, attractive, plain, cotton and silk. There's nothing underneath the mattress other than a few disturbingly large, but not insanely so, blood stains. Slightly wet.... And only visible from underneath.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Perturbed, Charlie drops the mattress. He sighs and checks the time on his pocket watch.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

8:30. He then hears something heavy thudding against the wall downstairs, four times, and the soft chug-chug-chugging of a train approaching the station. Seems like his rise has arrived and he still hasn't purchased a ticket. Oh dear.... And no sign of the gold in this room. Perhaps another room? But then he'd miss his trip.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Shit." Dropping the flashlight he hurries downstairs.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

This room is lit only by a flashlight which lays discarded by the narrow double bed -- its feeble beam revealing its low level of batteries. The quilt itself looks quite warm and there is a radiator nearby for those who like things warmer. Though it would doubtless aggravate those from the Ministry of Fuel, the warmth in this room and the tick-tick-ticking of the radiator shows that it is currently on in an empty room which is considered quite a problem in a rationed economy. In the soft glow from beneath the bed, you can make out the silhouettes of the other furniture in the room. There is a lamp on the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are currently opened, a wardrobe facing the bed which has its doors open and is bulging with clothes with a stack of three hatboxes to one side, and the floor is covered in crinkly paper.
Looking at the shredded paper,reveals that they have been pulled out of a Bible that would typically have been kept in the bedside cabinet.
Looking over the clothing,some of the clothes are hanging a bit out of the bedside cabinet, including a scandalous variety of different underpants, male, female, attractive, plain, cotton and silk. The clothing within the cabinet and the wardrobe appears to be both male and female, rich and poor, height of fashion and terribly frumpy, and everything in between.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by jimjam »

Ilona stumbles through the low lit room, accidently knocking the lamp of the bedside cabinet, which prompted her to scramble for the flashlight near the bed. She flashes the torch around the room and across the wall to find a window.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The window sits over the bed, black out curtain within the frame securely in place beneath the lacy curtains. It should be easy enough to prise it loose, however.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona, turns the torch off and places in by her feet and attempts to pry the window open.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The black out curtain frame comes out easily, revealing glass that radiates cool air from the outside world. There's a vague outline of something large out on the tracks, shrouded with a heavy fog that seems to flowed in out of nowhere. The moon out there still seems heavy and full, but it can't quite pierce the gloom. It's hard to tell from this angle, but there's no real sign of movement. In fact, if anything, it looks deserted. The train would be sure to leave soon, however. It would only wait a few short minutes before moving on.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Is there a latch or anything to open the window?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The window seems to be painted shut, but if you sliced the dried paint you could easily pull it open. Well, with relative ease. It may be a bit of an old window and the wooden frames may be slightly expanded with moisture. But you could wriggle it. There's the hard sound of wood splintering down below. Perhaps a door being broken open?

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona reaches back down for the torch and turns out on, looking around the room quickly for something sharp, or at the very least, pointy.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Nothing appears obvious to her eyes.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona rummages through her handbag and pulls out a pen. Torch in one hand and pen in the other, she cuts around the paint of the window frame, then tries to open it.

Return to “The Railway Station”