Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie nods and climbs his way through the window frame and down the makeshift rope.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

No response. The room is dark and cold, chilling to the bone.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, it's just you and me, so you first or me?" Artemis turned from the corridor to the gun wielding guard. "I just have to believe that the Countess is already down on the platform."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I found Miss Aston's coat!" Kate shouts back up to the window. "It's all bloody! She's not in it, but there's something moving under it!"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

"Crud" Frank thought to himself upon the realization that the Countess might still be in the building.

"I hate to say it Artemis, but I just don't feel right about assuming the Countess is outside. Especially with the mention of threats and now bloody coat. What happens if we get outside and can't get back in and the Countess is still looked in here? On the other hand, what if Ms. Aston is injured or in danger outside? I guess Charlie and the other fellow are down there with her.....What do you think?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"The chains across the door are coated with sulphuric acid!" she calls up to the window. "It's not enough to dissolve the metal, but it would sure hurt whoever touched them! We might be able to get them off with big tools if we were careful not to touch them with our bare hands, but there aren't any out here! There's a shed, but it's locked! Maybe there are some inside that you could use to remove the door from its hinges, but you'd have to be careful when ducking under the chains! Otherwise, you'll have to find some other way to get the Station Master outside! The only other way out is through the restaurant, but there's someone hostile in there!"

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, I want to agree with you, but I have to say the rooms up here aren't that inviting." Artemis looked at Frank and then glanced back out to the corridor. "Let's head down, find a way to break back into this place and then search it again as a group. "
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a creak in the room beside them. The first hotel room from the corridor.

A creak, then a thump.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"What was that Frank, did you hear that?" Artemis looked in the direction of the noise that was coming from the other room. 'Damn it, Frank, we need to check that out. Alright, follow me please."

Artemis headed out of the room into the Corridor and tried to determine where the noise had came from.
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

"Hang on Artemis, do you even have a weapon?" Frank asks as the other man pushes past him.

"This is such a big mistake", he thought to himself. But his pride and stupid curiosity were getting the best of him so he followed along.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

They left the hotel room behind.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Countess, the rope there can be used to keep your balance as you work your way down the window, I think you need to go first, then I can send Frank down after you. " Artemis crossed the threshold and moved towards the window with the makeshift rope. "Please, Countess, time is of the essence I fear."
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Frank shook his head to clear the cobwebs....he had been lost in some sort of trance or fugue...
He looked around and heard Artemis.

I am with you Artemis. But you follow the Countess down. I will handle the rear guard," Frank said still covering the hall, but moving into the doorway.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Countess, let's get you down to the platform. Thanks Frank, maybe we could lock the door to the room and add a bit more between us and what ever else is in this place?" Artemis took a place next to the window so he could help the Countess out of the room and down the rope.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Those who are present may see if they can sense where the trouble is coming from and just how under threat they are (remember you can spend points on this roll).

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis tried to focus on what was going wrong in the building and in the room, but his mind was distracted by his sense of duty to get the Countess out of the building. "Please Countess, let's get you out of this place..."
Spoiler:
http://orokos.com/roll/427716 um spent a point and got a 2...what trouble, this is a wonderful place to spend the week... ;-)
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by Ejstricker »

"Very well, I'll see about this rope," she says, sounding uncertain about her ability to clamber down a rope.

[Spoiler-Button][dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

"Please Countess, the sooner you get started the sooner we are all out of this accursed place."

He turns back to the door straining to see if he can determine if anything is going on in the hall or on the steps.
Die Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Rhinorat,can hear that the battering is occurring on a door that lets out onto the station platform. It also sounds like someone's coming up the rope!

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate climbs back up the rope and into the room through the window. "Oh, good, you're here," she says. "We'll all be able to get out the front doors in a bit, there's just a slight complication. That horrid man locked in the restaurant nearly broke out when Mr. Hagan started breaking the chains with the bolt cutters I found, so my plan is to go down to the waiting room, then pound on the interior restaurant door and shout to draw him away from the exterior door. Then Mr. Hagan will be able to get the rest of the chains off. They were coated with acid, by the way. Someone really wanted to keep us in here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “The Railway Station”