Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Upstairs Hotel Room #2

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis watched Jonathan climb down the rope and come to rest on the platform outside the building. He watched the man as he looked about and began to to move away from below the window. Well, we can get out at least, that is something to be thankful for, he thought to himself.

"Countess, he's outside on the platform. Maybe you could run down and let folks know in the waiting room that we have a way of getting out of the building if we want or need to do so." Artemis turned away from the window and spoke back over his shoulder towards the upstairs corridor.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis turned back and stuck his head out the window trying to determine what Jonathan was doing and where he had gotten to.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Jonathan runs back under the window and tells Artemis: "I don't know how to open the door... I'd need tools and... there's no one around here, not a soul. It's better if you all exit through the window. I don't see any other way."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Alright, let me go tell folks what you have found out, is the train no longer even there?" Artemis answered while standing with his head out the window.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jonathan answers back: "The train is still here, and for the moment doesn't look like it's going anywhere".

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Ok Jonathan, I am going to share this with the others and we can figure out how to get folks out of this place," Artemis responded back to Jonathan. Then he turned about and walked out of the room and back into the corridor to see who was still about.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by jimjam »

Ilona makes her way through the dark room to the window, she follows the wall next to the window down to the floor and feels around for her shoes. She picks them up and tosses them out the window, then looks out, seeing that they only narrowly missed Jonathan. "Sorry!" She yells, leaning out the window.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by jimjam »

"Ok... I'm coming down now!" Ilona calls out before attempting to climb out.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's awkward, but easier than she had assumed to get down to the platform.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

This room is lit only by a flashlight which lays discarded by the narrow double bed -- its feeble beam revealing its low level of batteries. Though it would doubtless aggravate those from the Ministry of Fuel, the warmth in this room and the tick-tick-ticking of the radiator shows that it is currently on in an empty room which is considered quite a problem in a rationed economy. In the soft glow from beneath the bed, you can make out the silhouettes of the other furniture in the room. There is a lamp on the bedside cabinet, whose drawers are currently opened, a wardrobe facing the bed which has its doors open and is bulging with clothes with a stack of three hatboxes to one side, and the floor is covered in crinkly paper. The black out frame has been removed from the window and all of the glass within it has shattered leaving only a few small pieces caught within the frame. The quilt has been tossed to the floor and the sheets pulled off the bed, revealing a suspicious stain. Those sheets have since been tied together into a rope that dangles out the window, anchored to the bed.
Looking at the shredded paper,reveals that they have been pulled out of a Bible that would typically have been kept in the bedside cabinet.
Looking over the clothing,some of the clothes are hanging a bit out of the bedside cabinet, including a scandalous variety of different underpants, male, female, attractive, plain, cotton and silk. The clothing within the cabinet and the wardrobe appears to be both male and female, rich and poor, height of fashion and terribly frumpy, and everything in between.
Forensics at the window,reveals that the window was broken from the inside. 1-pt spend available.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

As he stepped into the doorway and moved the flashlight he had been given earlier in an effort to see what had taken place in this room while he had been gone. He looked to see if the rope was still tied to the bed, the window still open, and for any sign of Ms. Aston.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The rope is still anchored to the bed. The black out frame has been removed from the window and all of the glass within it has shattered leaving only a few small pieces caught within the frame. There is no one in this room now.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

What the hell happened here? Artemis looked about and tried to understand what had taken place in his absence. He walked across the room and looked out the window following the rope out and downward towards the platform.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, what's that, who's yelling?" Artemis turned his head behind him when the echoes of the sounds caught his attention and pulled his eyes away from his efforts to see who might be outside on the platform.
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Frank walked into the room, briefly looked around, and asked "Where is everyone?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Good question Frank, did you hear someone out in the hall?" Artemis turned back to the open window and leaned over looking down at the platform and into the night.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There are two shapes out in the gloomy fog-shrouded platform below. The cold air out there is pretty miserable, slowly draining the warmth out of this room and out of his face. At least there are people below.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Jonathan, is that you down there? Who are you with?" Artemis yelled towards the shapes in the mist.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Hey!" shouts Ilona Aston from the platform below, looking up at you with terrified eyes. "You need to get out right now! We have to leave! Hurry!"

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Is the Countess down with you and Jonathan? We are trying to get everyone to get out, but the station master has come too yet." Artemis yelled back down to her.

Return to “The Railway Station”