Page 1 of 1

Upstairs Corridor

Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:26 am
by Laraqua
None of the electric lamps along this short corridor appear to be working. There must be something wrong with the wiring but it's impossible to tell in the darkness. There are windows to the left, properly blacked out, and the vague outlines of four doors to the right and one at the other end of the corridor.

Places to go:

Re: Upstairs Corridor

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:38 am
by Charlie Hagan
"Darn, wish I'd brought a torch or something." Charlie knocks on each of the doors, waiting a few moments at each for a reply.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:54 am
by Laraqua
No response from any of the rooms.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:47 am
by Charlie Hagan
Charlie glances back down the corridor, pockets the medallion, then checks the end door handle. Seeing it's unlocked he peers inside, flicks the light switch a couple of times, then closes the door. He moves onto the last door on the right, opens it, and enters the room.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:43 am
by Charlie Hagan
Charlie exits the fourth room and checks the remaining doors, seeing they're all locked, he pulls a deck of playing cards out of his coat, shuffles it briefly, then looks at the top card. Seeing a diamond he stows the cards in exchange for a small leather pouch, selects a torsion wrench and pick, then sets to work picking the second door from the right.
(Spend 1 Locksmith)

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:51 am
by Laraqua
The door around the jamb feels quite rough to the touch, but it's hard to make out why. It doesn't take long to pick these rather large and inexpensive locks.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:26 am
by jimjam
Ilona rushes up the stairs as quickly as she can. She stops momentarily to catch her breath before running up to the window. She tries to open the window, assuming it doesn't open, she slams her fists into window and starts screaming. "Help!! Help us! Somebody, we're in here!!" Figuring it was futile, she runs into the nearest unlocked room

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:31 pm
by Overlord87

Jonathan reaches the upper floor and takes a look around before calling out: "Miss Aston? Is everything ok?"

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:10 am
by Laraqua
Her voice comes from behind the door to Room #2: "Everything's fine... I managed to get the window open." A pause. "Would there happen to be a ladder around here, do you know?"

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:21 am
by Charlie Hagan
Charlie stops just short of crashing into Jonathan as he bounds up the stairs, "What's happenin' up here?"

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:38 pm
by Ritterton
"Hello, what's this about a ladder?" Artemis came up behind Charlie and asked down the corridor. He turned to Charlie and shrugged in confusion.

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:49 pm
by Overlord87

"No idea", Jonathan shrugs. "But I don't think there is any ladder in the building. Have you seen one?" He then starts moving towards the room where Ilona is.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:21 am
by jimjam
Ilona walks out of the room and into the corridor. "We'll need a ladder... unless any of you boys can jump out a second story window?"

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:02 am
by Ritterton
"Not likely, Artemis replied and tapped his walking stick a couple of times while grinning. "But, it wouldn't take long for us make something of a rope from blankets or even curtains if there are any in the room? No one else up here, right?"

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:16 am
by jimjam
"Oh, I-I haven't been to the other rooms. Should I check? I'm not sure I'll be useful tying together rope and blankets..."

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:18 am
by Charlie Hagan
"There are a lot of clothes in the second room. you could tie them together for a rope."

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:25 am
by Overlord87

"Very well. Let's get to work, then".

Spoiler:
Jonathan will start working on creating a sort of rope from the available clothes and stuff.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:01 am
by Laraqua
Alden,this would be a simply Craft spend to put together something out of blankets. You'll need access to the various rooms to get three such blankets, then spend a point of Crafts and you'll have a rope that anyone can use with an Athletics Target Number 2. The second room will give you only a blanket and thing curtains but, admittedly, if someone clung to the other side of the blanket while two people held the other side and braced, they could be lowered most of the way down with a successful Athletics roll. This is only the second storey, after all. Heck, clinging to the window sill and dropping would only lead to a single health point worth of damage. An athletics roll could mitigate that completely for a drop and roll but each person would naturally need to roll for themselves.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 pm
by Overlord87
Spoiler:
I don't have Craft, unfortunately, so unless someone else wants to make a spend, we'll go with Plan B and use just the blanket.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:15 am
by Ritterton
"RIght, Jonathan, we can do this. A little blanket rope and knotwork will give us a level of assurance as we crawl out of this place." Artemis smiled and patted Jonathan on the shoulder. "Well, I can say that I learned something in the trenches in France! We need to tear or cut the blanket in a couple of strips and work on the knots. Don't want to drop this one, nor let the duchess downstairs fall on her down stairs!"

Artemis winked and headed into Room 2. As he did so, he turned about and looked at Charlie and Ilona. "So, should we try to open these other doors and make sure we don't have another surprise lurking about this damn place?"
Craft spend,Will use the one point I have in craft...understand what you are saying...but some level of assurance would be great.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:59 am
by Charlie Hagan
"Well those two" Charlie says pointing towards the first and third door from the right, "are locked. That one" points towards the fourth door, "is a reading room or somethin', and the end is a bathroom, didn't get a good look in there though, light's busted. Tub looked full though."

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:46 pm
by Ritterton
"Maybe knock on those doors that are locked and see if there is any response? Might be worth seeing if we can get into those rooms if we are stuck in here any longer." Artemis headed into room number two and looked for the blankets needed to make the rope down.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:13 am
by Charlie Hagan
"That was the first thing I tried. Might have a better look in the bathroom though, anyone got a torch?"

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:32 am
by jimjam
Ilona passes Charlie the torch she has in her hand. "How are we going to get into the locked rooms then? "

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:37 am
by Ejstricker
Countess Katherine Bathory walked up and into the room since everyone seemed to move to this room. She wasn't really impressed with this whole thing and she had plans to do and she was slightly afraid of the dark so she always carried some sort of light on her. She was about to hand over the one she had but it looked like someone beat her to it. It now made her mood even sour.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:47 am
by Charlie Hagan
Charlie takes the torch with a smile then heads down the corridor. "Thank you Miss Aston. We could always knock the doors in but I'm fairly certain breaking and entering is illegal. I suppose the man downstairs might have keys." Before opening the door he turns his head and asks, "Don't you think it's odd the train hasn't left yet?"

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:57 am
by jimjam
"Maybe the people that locked us in here are preventing the train from leaving? On that note, I wouldn't consider this trespassing considering we've been trapped here." Ilona rubs her bare arms, it was alot warmer in that other room. She knocks on one of the locked doors. "Excuse me? Is there anyone in there?"

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:01 am
by Laraqua
There's no response.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:39 am
by jimjam
Ilona turns to the others. "If no one's in there, it's not really trespassing right? I think I'll go down and get those keys, uh- who found them?"

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:59 pm
by Overlord87

Jonathan sees Charlie exiting the bathroom, pale and shaken. "Are you all right? What's in there?"

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:29 am
by Laraqua
"What the hell," Artemis exclaims from Bedroom #2. "Anyone have a...a...oh what do you all call it, a torch, yes, that is it. Anyone have a torch? Need to see what is going on in here and outside."

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:06 pm
by Charlie Hagan
Charlie turns around, eyes wide. He proffers his flashlight and shakily says "Oh, I'm fine, how are you? ...Best get this to Mr. Richter."

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:55 am
by jimjam
"Oh I hope he didn't trip over the furniture, that room is so dark..." Ilona says as she stands idly by the door she knocked on, watching the others as they investigate. "Ah, the keys. Right. I should..." and she quickly makes her way down the stairs.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:05 am
by Ritterton
Artemis turned and stepped back into the hallway after Charlie offered the flashlight, "Thanks. What the heck was this room used for I wonder?" He took the light, fiddled with the switch, and when it came on, shook it and headed back into the room. "Ok, Jonathan, let's see what we can find to make that rope.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:19 pm
by Ritterton
Shaken from the strangeness of the room, and the continual frustration of the situation, Artemis emerged from the upstairs room with a rope made out of sheets. The rope was coiled into larger circular loops. He looked about the corridor trying to figure out what was going on out in this area. "We got the rope made, any luck with the other rooms?

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:51 am
by Laraqua
The countess is the only one remaining in the corridor.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:55 am
by Ejstricker
"Miss Aston has gone down to get the key, I believe." Countess Katherine Bathory piped in.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:33 am
by Ritterton
"oh, Oh, my apologies," Artemis stopped when he realized that the lady before him was one of those that arrived with one of the automobiles earlier. He gave a slight nod and extended his hand towards the stylish dressed lady. "My apologies, Artemis Richter, I don't think we had time for proper introductions earlier."

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:18 pm
by Ejstricker
Countess Katherine Bathory smiles politely and out stretched her hand. "Lovely to meet you Mr Ritcher, I'm Countess Bathory."

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:08 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis took the hand politely and shook it gently. "Countess, my apologies again are more than warranted. Hmm, Bathory, I seem to have some vague recollection of that name for some reason, but my memory fails me. Pleasure to meet you Lady Bathory. Now do you have any clue as to what is going on in this place?" Artemis casts a glance up and down the hall as he asked the question.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:00 pm
by Overlord87

Jonathan joins the two people talking in the corridor, a note of impatience in his voice. "Well, now we've got a rope... shall we use it? I'd like to be out of this place as soon as possible... and the train could leave any moment."

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:15 am
by Ritterton
"I think we can make a go of it. Do you want me to hold the rope after we tie it down to something? Then if you are game, you could use it to climb down to the station platform, holler up what you see blocking the door?" Artemis' neck stiffened at the thought of going back into the room, but if they could get someone out on the outside, that may help them understand what was going on, he told himself.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:06 am
by Ejstricker
Countess Bathory favours them both with a small smile. "Do you think it will be safe out there? No, of course it must. You two would no best, wouldn't you?" She looked thoughtful. "Perhaps it would be best if we didn't mention it to the others just yet. With each additional person we involve, we increase the risks that the traitor in our midst will learn of our plans and make a move to stop us. I feel sure that the two of you, being the ones who took it upon yourselves to craft a rope, can be trusted but I am very uncertain of the others. Particularly that fellow, Mr. Hagan, who came up here earlier without a thought to the rest of us, isolating himself from the safety of our companionship and doing who knows what in the time it took for him to come down again."

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:34 am
by Ritterton
"Well, I don't know about him, he seemed a bit more scared than anything else, but Jonathan, if you are game, we can get you down to the platform. Lady Bathory, would you will be willing to hold the light, or torch as you all call it?"

He turned and went back into the Room Two and looked about to find a place to tie the rope to on the bed's frame.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:02 am
by jimjam
Ilona comes up the stairs, her hair now messy from wearing the gas mask, no jacket, no shoes, and a large tear in her stocking. She goes over to the first locked door and goes through the keys until she finds the right one.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:28 am
by Laraqua
Frank yelled up, "Hey, is everything alright up there?" moments before Miss Aston came up the stairs.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:59 am
by Laraqua
Half a minute later, Artemis speaks from the second bedroom: "Countess, he's outside on the platform. Maybe you could run down and let folks know in the waiting room that we have a way of getting out of the building if we want or need to do so."

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:03 am
by Ejstricker
The countess turns to Miss Aston and whispers in a low voices, "I'm not sure whether we should tell them just yet. The man with the gun gives me the most awful shivers and that Mr. Hagan ... why I swear he knows something more than what he's saying! He went off on his own earlier and I imagine it must have been him who tore up that Bible for who else could it have been? I dread to think what they should do if they realise we have a way out of this trap."

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:36 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:46 am
by jimjam
"We should keep an eye on him." She whispers back before entering the room.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:12 pm
by jimjam
Ilona walks back into the corridor. "Nothing in there, it seems someone graffitied the inside the wardrobe but I couldn't see what it said."

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:31 am
by Ejstricker
"I doubt it was anything important," says the countess. "So peculiar that so many of these rooms are so ... vandalised. I can only imagine what it might mean." She pauses, then tilts her head to one side and smiles at her oddly. It's hard to describe what makes it so odd. Perhaps it's the fact that she is standing here in a dark corridor, utterly alone, no light but that which comes up the stairwell and ... is it just Miss Aston's imagination or has she been standing there in that exact place the whole time? Had her entire body, in fact, been in exactly that spot she'd left her when she'd gone into the first room, waiting for her to return to the corridor before shifting and gesturing. Perhaps it's just the craziness of this moment and the night that surrounds it. Perhaps it's how her ruby red lips are the only colour glimpsed in the darkness. "Perhaps try the third room?"

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:08 am
by jimjam
"Ah, yes. Let's go to the third room." Ilona smiles at the countess nervously and heads over to the door and unlocks it with the key.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:44 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis stepped out into the corriodor and looked about. Down the corridor he saw the two ladies enter one of the rooms that had been previously locked. With the flashlight in hand, he set off to follow after them.
Spoiler:
Laraque, let me know timing wise when I can follow into the room.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 pm
by Ejstricker
It took him a moment to notice the countess still stood in the darkness of the corridor. When he turns toward the door to follow Miss Aston, she speaks. "Mr. Durant's been yelling up the stairs awhile. I think he's worried about where you've been and what you've seen. Most everyone has gone down below. If there's a way out, are you going to inform everyone? And is it safe out there?"

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:48 pm
by Laraqua
You may leave the dark corridor for any room whenever you please.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:41 am
by Ritterton
Ejstricker wrote: "Mr. Durant's been yelling up the stairs awhile. I think he's worried about where you've been and what you've seen. Most everyone has gone down below. If there's a way out, are you going to inform everyone? And is it safe out there?"
Richter jumped and the beam of the flash light bounced about as his hands moved in reaction to the Countess' voice in the darkness. He gathered his senses and turned towards her and shined the light down at the floor in front of her.

"Oh, oh, I thought you ladies had told them that we were trying to get Jonathan outdoors. Well, we have a rope down to the platform. The train is just stopped waiting there. We have a way out, and I guess back in, albeit it would be climbing back up. Apparently the doors are chained shut and not able to be opened. As to safe, I really don't know how to answer that with all that has been going in this place since we all arrived. Have you ladies discovered anything of note?"

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:48 am
by Ejstricker
First she raises her hand to protect her eyes from the light, but then the countess smiles at his words from beneath that hand. "Miss Aston has managed to fetch the keys and allow herself into the other rooms. Apparently there is graffiti she couldn't read that she spied inside the first hotel room. Regrettably she had no torch to see ... to truly see the markings." She makes no room to enter either room.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:16 am
by Ritterton
"Then maybe we should both check out that graffiti with this," Artemis waived the flashlight creating a circle of light around the Countess' feet. "Which room was that in? If you open the door, I could shine the light from behind so that we both can figure out what it might say together."

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:56 am
by Ejstricker
She gestures toward the first room. "The graffitti was in there. If you don't mind terribly, would you be able to go in first? I'm ... a little unnerved by this place and I ... I shouldn't want to be the first one into any room. Avowedly empty, or otherwise."

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:13 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis shrugged and smiled at the countess. He walked over to the door to room one and opened it with his left hand while using the flashlight to look into the room. As he did so, he glanced back over his right shoulder to see where the Countess was standing.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 pm
by Ejstricker
The countess remained where she was for a moment, then walked over to stand behind him. "Do you see anything interesting?"

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:58 am
by Laraqua
The corridor is empty and dark as the grave but for the rosy warm glow coming from the stairs.

Places to go:

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:24 am
by jimjam
Ilona slowly and shakily closes the door behind her. Her breathing still labored, she walks along the corridor, using the wall for support until she gets to the second room.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:54 am
by Ritterton
Artemis stepped through the doorway of the first room and into the corridor. He looked about using the flash light to help see. He caught Ms. Aston further down the corridor walking towards him, but using the wall for support as she did so.

"Ms. Aston, are you alright? What happened?" Artemis' voice reflected his concern. He turned and walked towards her leavng the Countess and the first room behind him. "Maybe we should go down stairs and share what we have discoverd with the others down there? A chance to sit and rest. Would that help Ms. Aston?"

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 am
by jimjam
"No..." she says, a little out of breath and wincing as if it hurt her to speak. She has blood in the corners of her mouth and her neck has red marks around it as if she'd been strangled. She's wearing a gorgeous diamond necklace now, it looks quite odd on her as she's not wearing a jacket nor shoes.
"I'm leaving... Now. Out the window. I won't- I won't stay here a minute longer." She manages to say before bursting into tears.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:25 am
by Laraqua

The diamong necklace is truly beautiful. If it truly is what it appears to be, it would be worth several thousand pounds. Perhaps it is mere crystal or paste? How could one possibly know? The necklace is a little bloodied here and there, as though it had been pressed tightly to the skin.
Art History or Geology Knowledge,These are truly diamonds set with white gold. An astonishing find.... There is no reason why they should reflect the light, however, considering there is no light in this room.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:03 am
by Ritterton
"Ms. Aston, please, it looks like something has happened, please let me help and I think we need to make sure you are fine before you climb down the rope." Artemis closed the distance between them and made an effort to shift her away from the wall with his right hand and arm. He looked at the intricate necklace and noticed the red marks and blood at a few places. "Ms. Aston, what happened? Where's your jacket and shoes? Where did you find this necklace?"

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:46 am
by jimjam
Ilona sniffles and looks down at the necklace she's wearing and runs her fingers across it. "It was...It was in that room over there." She gestures to the third room. "I put it on and passed out and when I woke up... When I woke up I-" she lets out another sob. "I'd done this to myself. It's like something was strangling me, but with my own two hands! And I was trying to bite off my tongue. I was hallucinating. Please, we have to go now! I don't want to stay here, it's dangerous!"

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:08 am
by Ritterton
Alright, alright...I think everything is a bit better out here. Here, take my handkerchief if you need to and let's go talk to the others quickly before you climb down to join Jonathan on the platform, is that alright?[/color][/color] Artemis fished out his handkerchief and offered it to Miss Aston. He made an effort to turn both of them towards the stairs leaning down to the waiting room waiting to see how Aston responded to his suggestion.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:43 am
by jimjam
Ilona thanks Artemis for his handkerchief and wipes the tears from her eyes and sniffles. "You get the others and I'll go put my shoes on. They're in the room with the window we'll be exiting, I'll wait there." And she'll enter the second room unless stopped.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:16 pm
by Ritterton
"really, you wouldn't feel better coming down the stairs and joining with the others for a bit?" Artemis' voice echoed his obvious concern, but did nothing to stop her from going to the other room. He shrugged as she walked off towards the other room. He looked about to see if the Countess had left the other room, and moved closer to the stairs.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 pm
by jimjam
"Thankyou... I'll be alright..." she says entering the room.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:15 am
by Laraqua
The countess isn't in the corridor. She is in the original room.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:31 am
by Ritterton
"I will be back up shortly, Ms. Aston," Artemis yelled after the lady as she walked into the room with the exit. He looked back at the other room, and not seeing the Countess coming out, spoke in that direction. "Countess, I will be back in a few minutes."

Shaking his head, Artemis walked down the stairs and back to the Waiting Room.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:02 am
by Ritterton
Artemis came up the stairs with the flashlight in his right hand, and his walking stick striking the stair treads on his left. "Countess, Ms. Aston, what happened? Are you alright? Where are you?

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:47 pm
by Laraqua
A male voice can be vaguely heard from the direction of Room 2, but he can't make out the words through the closed door.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:19 pm
by Ritterton
"Countess, Ms Aston, are you alright? Where are you ladies at? " He looked to his left and right then headed to the closed door of room two. About a step from the door, he shifted the walking stick from his right hand, shifting the flash light to the other. He turned himself in such a way add to be able to strike at anyone unfamiliar to him if they suddenly booked of into the corridor. He leaned his head into the door and listened.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:14 am
by Ritterton
At the sound on the stairs, Artemis shot a glance at the stairwell and saw Frank's head slowly rise while he continued to listen for sounds from the other side of the door. He nodded to Frank when he could see the man and his drawn pistol.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:47 am
by Laraqua
Listening in,there's no sounds from within that room now.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:55 am
by Ritterton
Artemis clenched is jaw as the silence became deafening. He helpd the walking stick at the mid point and rapped the silver knob against the door with two sharp, quick and hard raps. "Countess, Ms Aston, is everything alright in there? Could you open the door? Frank and I are wanting to help get others down the rope."

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:05 am
by RhinoRat
Frank Durant

"Is the door locked? Could they have already climbed out too?", Frank asked loudly so Artemis could hear him as Frank moved further up from the steps still covering the hallway.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:51 am
by Laraqua
There is no response.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:04 am
by Ritterton
"It wasn't Frank," Artemis looked back towards Frank. He shifted to where he could try the door knob with his left hand to see if it was locked.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:39 am
by Laraqua
It isn't locked.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:53 am
by Ritterton
His left had turned the knob and it didn't stop. He shot a glance at Frank and nodded at the handle and the door. Artemis turned the knob and pushed the door open, while at the same time pivoting his left leg backwards. Frank would have a clear shot at anything standing back from the doorway.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:03 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:33 am
by Ritterton
"Frank, follow me please..."Artemis pushed the door further open and swung the flash light's beam about the room with his left hand. He took a step further into the doorway looking over his shoulder quickly to see if Frank was there behind him.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:31 pm
by RhinoRat
Frank follows Artemis, covering him with his pistol (pointing slightly over his shoulder and off to one side). He is listening for movement or sounds from the other rooms assuming that Artemis will let him know if trouble is coming from that direction. Frank is keeping quiet for the moment in hopes that if there is a "hostile" up there it will keep him from being pinpointed accurately.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:52 pm
by Laraqua
There are light repetitive footsteps coming from Room 1.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:32 am
by Charlie Hagan
Charlie halts at the top of the stairs, surprised to see an empty hallway. "Mr. Richter, Mr. Durant?" He calls out, "Where is everyone?"

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:05 pm
by Laraqua
There are men's voices shouting from Room 2.

"Jonathan, is that you down there? Who are you with?" shouts a voice.

Indistinct response.

"Is the Countess down with you and Jonathan? We are trying to get everyone to get out, but the station master has come too yet," shouts the same male voice again.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 am
by Laraqua
From downstairs comes the nurse's voice, "There's someone behind the locked restaurant door! Someone horrible!"

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:29 am
by Ritterton
As Artemis entered the corridor, he pulled up when he saw Charlie.
"Charlie, who was that? What's going on out here? We need to get everyone out the window."

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:46 am
by Charlie Hagan
Already turning to head back down the corridor, Charlie rapidly says "Miss-Lacey-says-there's-someone-in-the-restaurant, I'll-get-her-up-here."

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:08 am
by Ritterton
"Frank, I am going back downstairs...if you can cover the hallway and the stairwell, we may need your help." Artemis yelled over his shoulder as he followed Charlie down the stairs.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:39 am
by Charlie Hagan
Brushing past Frank in the corridor, Charlie makes his way to the room Frank left.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Kate makes her way up the stairs and heads for Room 2.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:27 am
by Laraqua
The dark and chilly corridor is currently empty.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:52 pm
by Ritterton
"Charile, help Ms. Kate out the window, we are coming up to talk about what the three of us should do next." Artemis shouted as he came up the stairs with Frank. He took a moment to look back down at the bottom of the stairs, then upwards in the corridor. "Folks, where is everyone? Charlie? Ms. Kate?"

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:55 pm
by Laraqua
Frank is the only one currently in the hall with him, but at least Artemis is pretty sure Kate and Charlie could hear his words in Room 2 should they be in there.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:13 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis walked into the corridor and turned to Room 2.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:37 am
by Ritterton
Artemis walked back into the corridor and walked to the room next to Room 2. He listened for any repeat of the sounds heard moments ago.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:54 am
by Laraqua
The corridor is empty and dark as the grave but for the rosy warm glow coming from the stairs.

Places to go:

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:40 am
by Ritterton
Artemis looked down the hall, he had been in two of the rooms already, and the sound had come from next door, not across the way. So, he walked down the corridor a bit, the flash light turned on and in his left hand, his walking stick being held by his right. He paused at the door next to Room 2, and knocked on it, "Countess, are you in there? Countess, it's Artemis Richter, are you in there?"

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:39 am
by Laraqua
There's no response to the knock at Room #1's door.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:22 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis frowned and then sighed audibally. "Frank, I am thinking a quick look, then we are out of this place," he said over his shoulder and opened the door into Room One.
Spoiler:
Assuming that it is Room Four that next to room two...so that is the door I opened.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:33 pm
by Laraqua
The sound came from Room #1 / Door #1 but Artemis has headed into the room down the hall. Strange....
Players,Easy mistake to make. Next time I'll put a link on Room #1. Luckily this is a game all about mind screws so let's assume that Artemis has been led astray. On the plus side, he may well learn something in the library.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis left the Library, and entered the Corridor. Frank, I seem to have gotten myself turned about, so cover me again as I peak into Room One, would you? Still no sign of the Countess, which is really rather strange?"

He walked to the door flashlight in one hand, the silver finale knob for his walking stick in the other, and opened the door to Room One.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:07 am
by Ejstricker
The countess heads toward the stairs, moving quickly through the darkness, intent on the patch of warm firelight she can glimpse below.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:24 am
by Ritterton
"Countess, we need to go down via the rope we have in the room across the hall," Artemis tried to catch the Countess as she went by him and then Frank. He followed to the edge of the stairs and said again, "Countess, please, we need to get out of this building and the only way down is through the room right over there."

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:54 am
by Ejstricker
The countess stops and turns toward him, silhouetted from the weak light in the stairwell behind her. "Down the rope? But who's downstairs? Who made that noise?"

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:10 am
by Ritterton
"It could be the Station Master, but Countess, the others who went outside don't believe that is the actual man," Artemis held her gaze as he moved across the hall back to the doorway for Room 2. "I think we need to get you out of this place as quickly as possible. Then Frank and I will join you on the platform, ok?

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:57 pm
by Laraqua
They can hear something smack against a door downstairs. Once, twice.... It sounds like they're hurling themselves against it.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:09 pm
by Ritterton
"Countess, we need to leave, NOW! Artemis' voice rose in urgency as he crossed the corridor and tried beckoning the Countess towards the door to Room 2. "Frank, take cover in the doorway to the room and keep that gun pointed at the stairwell, we need to get her down and out of this place right now.

Artemis moved across the corridor and took a position in the doorway to Room 2 waiting upon the Countess and Frank.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:19 pm
by Ejstricker
The countess nods, confused, and follows Artemis into Room 2. "Is that the Station Master?"

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:07 am
by Ritterton
"Good lady, I honestly don't know and I think it is better that you get out of this place before we have to find out," Artemis moved into the room to allow the Countess the ability to enter. "Frank, come guard the door and I can help her out the window and down the rope."

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Kate steps out into the hall and heads for the stairs down to the waiting room.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:15 am
by Laraqua
The battering on the external door has quieted down somewhat, become more of a habitual thump-whump-thump rather than a dogged determination to wrench the door down. Odds are any loud noise might excite it further, however. Yet walking down a darkly shrouded corridor to that fire-lit waiting room below hardly feels like a particularly safe option even if it were the only option available to them. If only there were more light up here. It's nearly impossible to tell if the other doors are closed ... or open.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:04 am
by Ritterton
Artemis followed Kate into the corridor and headed down the stairs. His walking stick tapped out his frustration as he kept it in his right hand, and his left hand held the flashlight and the odd pendant he had shown in the room above.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy

Kate takes out her own torch, nervously lighting it and shining it up and down the hall to make sure it's safe before she heads downstairs.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:21 am
by Ritterton
Artemis moved down the stairs and stood at the bottom stair, he aimed the beam of light about the waiting room. "Now, Miss Kate, where should we be focusing our attention down here?"

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:49 am
by RhinoRat
Frank Durant

Frank started out covering the hall and stairs, but started swearing at himself for being a coward and headed to the bottom of the stairs.
"All right, I will cover from the bottom of the steps. Artemis, grab the Station Master. Miss Kate, shine your light on anything that moves or makes noise. Once the Station Master gets to the steps you two get him upstairs and I can start banging around before I head up after you. Sound like a plan?"

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:45 am
by Laraqua
Kate glances over at Frank, on the stairs. "Can you help?" she asks. "We've got to get him upstairs and somehow lower him out the window. Mr. Hagan will never be able to get the chains off from outside, and without tools we can't remove the doors from inside."

Another slither of chain before it slaps against the platform outside. A short moment of terrible silence, than a great weight crashes against the external restaurant door. They can hear the wood buckle and shatter beneath the weight as whatever was inside the restaurant goes out onto the platform.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:05 am
by Ritterton
Artemis came up the stairs with a lot more ease than even he expected. "Frank, did the Countess get down the rope? Been so focused on Miss Kate and that bloke that I lost where the Countess was."

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:01 am
by RhinoRat
Frank Durant

Frank stared Artemis blankly in the face when Artemis asked about the Countess.
"Blast it! Artemis....I lost her. I wasn't paying attention when I moved to cover the stairs", Frank exclaimed then he cursed under his breath.
" You know, I have been a damn good photographer and private investigator. I have faced African animals, enemy soldiers with guns, gangsters...I have never been as unhinged as I am right now. We have to get out of here. The sooner the better", Frank stammered with a slightly crazed look in his eyes. "Even more so now after that noise. We need to hurry to help the people outside before anything happens to them."

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:50 am
by Laraqua
Railway Waiting Room,you might as well read the dialogue there to figure things out.

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:43 pm
by Ritterton
"Frank, I am in total agreement. Let me toss this saddle down in the room and then we need to help Ms. Kate with the man we left downstairs. As to the Countess, I think we need to get Kate and that guy out of here. " Artemis walked across the corridor and into the room with the rope only long enough to set down the saddle, see if the Countess was in the room, and spin back around into the corridor to help Kate and Frank.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:45 am
by Ritterton
"Good lord, now where the bloody hell has she gotten too? COUNTESS" Artemis turned and yelled down the hallway. He looked about and stepped back out into the Hallway. "Countess, COUNTESS?"

Artemis looked back and wondered - She wouldn't have gone back into that one room would she? He sighed and walked back into the corridor and towards Room 1. "Countess, really, where have you gotten to now?"

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:17 am
by Laraqua
There's no response from the corridor.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:01 pm
by Ritterton
The silence only fueld Artemis' frustration with the situation. He crossed the corridor and opened the door for Room 1. "Countess, are you in here?" Artemis asked and stepped into the room.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy

Kate reaches the top of the stairs and looks around for Artemis. "Where are you?" she calls.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:56 am
by Ritterton
"In here Ms. Kate, and I think the Countess isn't herself. Careful as you enter." Artemis yells over his shoulder from the doorway of Room One, not loosing site of what he was staring at in the room.
Spoiler:
Sorry Handy, I am trying to figure out how we talk between rooms.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:07 am
by Ritterton
Artemis stepped out into the hallway as Kate started for the door.

"FRANK! Frank, where did you get too? Frank?" Artemis turns the torch back on and sweeps the hall with it's beam of light. "Frank, are you up here?"

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:22 am
by Laraqua
No response.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:18 am
by Ritterton
"Miss Kate, I don't see Frank at all. I think we need to get the two of you out of this building and down to the platform. I am hoping that Frank has already headed down the rope." Artemis yelled back over his shoulder. He walked down the corridor directing the torch from one part of the corridor to the other. He listened to see if he could hear Frank somewhere on the second floor.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:42 am
by Laraqua
There's no sound of Frank anywhere up here nor answering sounds from below. However, was that a noise out on the platform? Perhaps one's ability to Sense Trouble might help one understand that sound.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:07 am
by Ritterton
Artemis heard nothing within the confines of the corridor. He sighed and began to turn back towards the doors to the first two rooms. As he did so, he paused and listened to the odd whispers of sound coming from outside. He slowed his breathing and listened.
OOC:   spending two points [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:11 am
by Laraqua
Artemis hears,Through the silence he can make out the slight strains of an air raid siren's eerie wail, rising and falling, rising and falling. Is it the first alert that they're coming? Or the second alert stating that they're almost already here? It certainly isn't the All Clear, that's for certain. Where is the siren coming from? If it were from the railway station it would be rather a lot louder and the town's a little too far off. One thing he can pinpoint is the meaty sound of flesh slapping against concrete out on the platform. Footsteps.... The person from the restaurant?

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:04 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis moves as quickly as he can back down the corridor his walking stick tapping out the urgency of his movements. "Miss Kate, something is afoot, there is an air raid siren sounding off in the distance and there may be something out on the platform deck."

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

Kate guides the Countess out into the hall. "If there's an air raid siren, we definitely have to get that man outside," she says. "We can't leave him in here where he'll be bombed to flinders. Maybe you can't help me carry him upstairs, and Mr. Durant seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth. That leaves you, Countess. Will you come downstairs with me and help me bring him up? I'm not strong enough by myself, but with your help I think I might manage. Men don't have a monopoly on strength."

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:04 am
by Ejstricker
The countess follows Kate. "What do you mean there's someone out there? Who? And where's Mr. Durant?"

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:30 pm
by Ritterton
Ladies, truly, I think we need to focus on getting out of the building as quickly as possible. Mr. Durant, you ask Countess, well he was heading into that room over there, but doesn't seem to answer any of my calls." Artemis responded as the ladies entered into the hall. "Mr. Durant may have gone down the rope, and we left the man downstairs where we could come back into the building from the first floor to get him. I really feel we need to be heading out of here, or at least seeing what is going on with the others outside of this place."

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"The Station Master," Kate explains to the Countess, "or at least someone wearing his uniform. We found him unconscious in the booking office. He'd been knocked out by butyric acid. We have to get him outside so he can recover, but we couldn't get all the chains off the front door, so that way's out. We can't leave him here, or he'll be killed if the station is hit. He's right at the base of the stairs. I'll grab his arms, and you grab his legs, and we'll carry him up. The saddlery's already upstairs, and we can use that as a harness to lower him down to the platform out the window. This way." She leads the way downstairs.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:57 am
by Mr. Handy

Kate returns a moment later, shaking her head. "He's gone!" she says. "I knew we shouldn't have left him alone. No sign of Mr. Durant either. Well, the Station Master must have gotten up and left the room. At least if he's awake and moving about on his own, that means he can get out of here."

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:33 am
by Ritterton
"Ms. Kate, maybe Mr. Durant already lowered the Station Master to the platform. We need to get everyone out of the building, Countess Ms Kate this way please." Artemis waived at Room Two with his right hand and torch. He waited till the ladies passed him before going into the room.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"He couldn't possibly have carried him upstairs alone," says Kate. "The only way he could have gotten up and out is under his own power. Still, Mr. Durant seemed fully capable of looking after himself, and if he's still here he may be able to help the Station Master as well. Let's go." She enters Room 2.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:53 am
by Ritterton
"Countess after you please," Artemis waits at the door for the Countess to follow Ms. Kate into the room

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:11 am
by Ejstricker
She seems confused. "I.... If you're absolutely certain we'll be safer on the platform." She will enter before Artemis.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:48 pm
by Laraqua

Places to go: