Upstairs Corridor

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Upstairs Corridor

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate takes out her own torch, nervously lighting it and shining it up and down the hall to make sure it's safe before she heads downstairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis moved down the stairs and stood at the bottom stair, he aimed the beam of light about the waiting room. "Now, Miss Kate, where should we be focusing our attention down here?"
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Frank started out covering the hall and stairs, but started swearing at himself for being a coward and headed to the bottom of the stairs.
"All right, I will cover from the bottom of the steps. Artemis, grab the Station Master. Miss Kate, shine your light on anything that moves or makes noise. Once the Station Master gets to the steps you two get him upstairs and I can start banging around before I head up after you. Sound like a plan?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Kate glances over at Frank, on the stairs. "Can you help?" she asks. "We've got to get him upstairs and somehow lower him out the window. Mr. Hagan will never be able to get the chains off from outside, and without tools we can't remove the doors from inside."

Another slither of chain before it slaps against the platform outside. A short moment of terrible silence, than a great weight crashes against the external restaurant door. They can hear the wood buckle and shatter beneath the weight as whatever was inside the restaurant goes out onto the platform.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis came up the stairs with a lot more ease than even he expected. "Frank, did the Countess get down the rope? Been so focused on Miss Kate and that bloke that I lost where the Countess was."
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Frank stared Artemis blankly in the face when Artemis asked about the Countess.
"Blast it! Artemis....I lost her. I wasn't paying attention when I moved to cover the stairs", Frank exclaimed then he cursed under his breath.
" You know, I have been a damn good photographer and private investigator. I have faced African animals, enemy soldiers with guns, gangsters...I have never been as unhinged as I am right now. We have to get out of here. The sooner the better", Frank stammered with a slightly crazed look in his eyes. "Even more so now after that noise. We need to hurry to help the people outside before anything happens to them."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Railway Waiting Room,you might as well read the dialogue there to figure things out.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Frank, I am in total agreement. Let me toss this saddle down in the room and then we need to help Ms. Kate with the man we left downstairs. As to the Countess, I think we need to get Kate and that guy out of here. " Artemis walked across the corridor and into the room with the rope only long enough to set down the saddle, see if the Countess was in the room, and spin back around into the corridor to help Kate and Frank.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Good lord, now where the bloody hell has she gotten too? COUNTESS" Artemis turned and yelled down the hallway. He looked about and stepped back out into the Hallway. "Countess, COUNTESS?"

Artemis looked back and wondered - She wouldn't have gone back into that one room would she? He sighed and walked back into the corridor and towards Room 1. "Countess, really, where have you gotten to now?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no response from the corridor.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

The silence only fueld Artemis' frustration with the situation. He crossed the corridor and opened the door for Room 1. "Countess, are you in here?" Artemis asked and stepped into the room.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate reaches the top of the stairs and looks around for Artemis. "Where are you?" she calls.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"In here Ms. Kate, and I think the Countess isn't herself. Careful as you enter." Artemis yells over his shoulder from the doorway of Room One, not loosing site of what he was staring at in the room.
Spoiler:
Sorry Handy, I am trying to figure out how we talk between rooms.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis stepped out into the hallway as Kate started for the door.

"FRANK! Frank, where did you get too? Frank?" Artemis turns the torch back on and sweeps the hall with it's beam of light. "Frank, are you up here?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No response.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Miss Kate, I don't see Frank at all. I think we need to get the two of you out of this building and down to the platform. I am hoping that Frank has already headed down the rope." Artemis yelled back over his shoulder. He walked down the corridor directing the torch from one part of the corridor to the other. He listened to see if he could hear Frank somewhere on the second floor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no sound of Frank anywhere up here nor answering sounds from below. However, was that a noise out on the platform? Perhaps one's ability to Sense Trouble might help one understand that sound.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis heard nothing within the confines of the corridor. He sighed and began to turn back towards the doors to the first two rooms. As he did so, he paused and listened to the odd whispers of sound coming from outside. He slowed his breathing and listened.
OOC:   spending two points [dice]0[/dice]  
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Artemis hears,Through the silence he can make out the slight strains of an air raid siren's eerie wail, rising and falling, rising and falling. Is it the first alert that they're coming? Or the second alert stating that they're almost already here? It certainly isn't the All Clear, that's for certain. Where is the siren coming from? If it were from the railway station it would be rather a lot louder and the town's a little too far off. One thing he can pinpoint is the meaty sound of flesh slapping against concrete out on the platform. Footsteps.... The person from the restaurant?

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis moves as quickly as he can back down the corridor his walking stick tapping out the urgency of his movements. "Miss Kate, something is afoot, there is an air raid siren sounding off in the distance and there may be something out on the platform deck."

Return to “The Railway Station”