Upstairs Corridor

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Upstairs Corridor

Post by Laraqua »

Frank is the only one currently in the hall with him, but at least Artemis is pretty sure Kate and Charlie could hear his words in Room 2 should they be in there.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis walked into the corridor and turned to Room 2.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis walked back into the corridor and walked to the room next to Room 2. He listened for any repeat of the sounds heard moments ago.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The corridor is empty and dark as the grave but for the rosy warm glow coming from the stairs.

Places to go:

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis looked down the hall, he had been in two of the rooms already, and the sound had come from next door, not across the way. So, he walked down the corridor a bit, the flash light turned on and in his left hand, his walking stick being held by his right. He paused at the door next to Room 2, and knocked on it, "Countess, are you in there? Countess, it's Artemis Richter, are you in there?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no response to the knock at Room #1's door.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis frowned and then sighed audibally. "Frank, I am thinking a quick look, then we are out of this place," he said over his shoulder and opened the door into Room One.
Spoiler:
Assuming that it is Room Four that next to room two...so that is the door I opened.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The sound came from Room #1 / Door #1 but Artemis has headed into the room down the hall. Strange....
Players,Easy mistake to make. Next time I'll put a link on Room #1. Luckily this is a game all about mind screws so let's assume that Artemis has been led astray. On the plus side, he may well learn something in the library.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis left the Library, and entered the Corridor. Frank, I seem to have gotten myself turned about, so cover me again as I peak into Room One, would you? Still no sign of the Countess, which is really rather strange?"

He walked to the door flashlight in one hand, the silver finale knob for his walking stick in the other, and opened the door to Room One.
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess heads toward the stairs, moving quickly through the darkness, intent on the patch of warm firelight she can glimpse below.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Countess, we need to go down via the rope we have in the room across the hall," Artemis tried to catch the Countess as she went by him and then Frank. He followed to the edge of the stairs and said again, "Countess, please, we need to get out of this building and the only way down is through the room right over there."
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess stops and turns toward him, silhouetted from the weak light in the stairwell behind her. "Down the rope? But who's downstairs? Who made that noise?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"It could be the Station Master, but Countess, the others who went outside don't believe that is the actual man," Artemis held her gaze as he moved across the hall back to the doorway for Room 2. "I think we need to get you out of this place as quickly as possible. Then Frank and I will join you on the platform, ok?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

They can hear something smack against a door downstairs. Once, twice.... It sounds like they're hurling themselves against it.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Countess, we need to leave, NOW! Artemis' voice rose in urgency as he crossed the corridor and tried beckoning the Countess towards the door to Room 2. "Frank, take cover in the doorway to the room and keep that gun pointed at the stairwell, we need to get her down and out of this place right now.

Artemis moved across the corridor and took a position in the doorway to Room 2 waiting upon the Countess and Frank.
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess nods, confused, and follows Artemis into Room 2. "Is that the Station Master?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Good lady, I honestly don't know and I think it is better that you get out of this place before we have to find out," Artemis moved into the room to allow the Countess the ability to enter. "Frank, come guard the door and I can help her out the window and down the rope."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate steps out into the hall and heads for the stairs down to the waiting room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The battering on the external door has quieted down somewhat, become more of a habitual thump-whump-thump rather than a dogged determination to wrench the door down. Odds are any loud noise might excite it further, however. Yet walking down a darkly shrouded corridor to that fire-lit waiting room below hardly feels like a particularly safe option even if it were the only option available to them. If only there were more light up here. It's nearly impossible to tell if the other doors are closed ... or open.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis followed Kate into the corridor and headed down the stairs. His walking stick tapped out his frustration as he kept it in his right hand, and his left hand held the flashlight and the odd pendant he had shown in the room above.

Return to “The Railway Station”