Upstairs Corridor

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Upstairs Corridor

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis shrugged and smiled at the countess. He walked over to the door to room one and opened it with his left hand while using the flashlight to look into the room. As he did so, he glanced back over his right shoulder to see where the Countess was standing.
Ejstricker
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by Ejstricker »

The countess remained where she was for a moment, then walked over to stand behind him. "Do you see anything interesting?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

The corridor is empty and dark as the grave but for the rosy warm glow coming from the stairs.

Places to go:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona slowly and shakily closes the door behind her. Her breathing still labored, she walks along the corridor, using the wall for support until she gets to the second room.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis stepped through the doorway of the first room and into the corridor. He looked about using the flash light to help see. He caught Ms. Aston further down the corridor walking towards him, but using the wall for support as she did so.

"Ms. Aston, are you alright? What happened?" Artemis' voice reflected his concern. He turned and walked towards her leavng the Countess and the first room behind him. "Maybe we should go down stairs and share what we have discoverd with the others down there? A chance to sit and rest. Would that help Ms. Aston?"
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"No..." she says, a little out of breath and wincing as if it hurt her to speak. She has blood in the corners of her mouth and her neck has red marks around it as if she'd been strangled. She's wearing a gorgeous diamond necklace now, it looks quite odd on her as she's not wearing a jacket nor shoes.
"I'm leaving... Now. Out the window. I won't- I won't stay here a minute longer." She manages to say before bursting into tears.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The diamong necklace is truly beautiful. If it truly is what it appears to be, it would be worth several thousand pounds. Perhaps it is mere crystal or paste? How could one possibly know? The necklace is a little bloodied here and there, as though it had been pressed tightly to the skin.
Art History or Geology Knowledge,These are truly diamonds set with white gold. An astonishing find.... There is no reason why they should reflect the light, however, considering there is no light in this room.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Ms. Aston, please, it looks like something has happened, please let me help and I think we need to make sure you are fine before you climb down the rope." Artemis closed the distance between them and made an effort to shift her away from the wall with his right hand and arm. He looked at the intricate necklace and noticed the red marks and blood at a few places. "Ms. Aston, what happened? Where's your jacket and shoes? Where did you find this necklace?"
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona sniffles and looks down at the necklace she's wearing and runs her fingers across it. "It was...It was in that room over there." She gestures to the third room. "I put it on and passed out and when I woke up... When I woke up I-" she lets out another sob. "I'd done this to myself. It's like something was strangling me, but with my own two hands! And I was trying to bite off my tongue. I was hallucinating. Please, we have to go now! I don't want to stay here, it's dangerous!"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Alright, alright...I think everything is a bit better out here. Here, take my handkerchief if you need to and let's go talk to the others quickly before you climb down to join Jonathan on the platform, is that alright?[/color][/color] Artemis fished out his handkerchief and offered it to Miss Aston. He made an effort to turn both of them towards the stairs leaning down to the waiting room waiting to see how Aston responded to his suggestion.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona thanks Artemis for his handkerchief and wipes the tears from her eyes and sniffles. "You get the others and I'll go put my shoes on. They're in the room with the window we'll be exiting, I'll wait there." And she'll enter the second room unless stopped.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"really, you wouldn't feel better coming down the stairs and joining with the others for a bit?" Artemis' voice echoed his obvious concern, but did nothing to stop her from going to the other room. He shrugged as she walked off towards the other room. He looked about to see if the Countess had left the other room, and moved closer to the stairs.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"Thankyou... I'll be alright..." she says entering the room.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The countess isn't in the corridor. She is in the original room.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"I will be back up shortly, Ms. Aston," Artemis yelled after the lady as she walked into the room with the exit. He looked back at the other room, and not seeing the Countess coming out, spoke in that direction. "Countess, I will be back in a few minutes."

Shaking his head, Artemis walked down the stairs and back to the Waiting Room.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis came up the stairs with the flashlight in his right hand, and his walking stick striking the stair treads on his left. "Countess, Ms. Aston, what happened? Are you alright? Where are you?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A male voice can be vaguely heard from the direction of Room 2, but he can't make out the words through the closed door.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Countess, Ms Aston, are you alright? Where are you ladies at? " He looked to his left and right then headed to the closed door of room two. About a step from the door, he shifted the walking stick from his right hand, shifting the flash light to the other. He turned himself in such a way add to be able to strike at anyone unfamiliar to him if they suddenly booked of into the corridor. He leaned his head into the door and listened.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

At the sound on the stairs, Artemis shot a glance at the stairwell and saw Frank's head slowly rise while he continued to listen for sounds from the other side of the door. He nodded to Frank when he could see the man and his drawn pistol.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Listening in,there's no sounds from within that room now.

Return to “The Railway Station”