Upstairs Corridor

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Upstairs Corridor

Post by Laraqua »

None of the electric lamps along this short corridor appear to be working. There must be something wrong with the wiring but it's impossible to tell in the darkness. There are windows to the left, properly blacked out, and the vague outlines of four doors to the right and one at the other end of the corridor.

Places to go:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Re: Upstairs Corridor

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Darn, wish I'd brought a torch or something." Charlie knocks on each of the doors, waiting a few moments at each for a reply.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No response from any of the rooms.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie glances back down the corridor, pockets the medallion, then checks the end door handle. Seeing it's unlocked he peers inside, flicks the light switch a couple of times, then closes the door. He moves onto the last door on the right, opens it, and enters the room.
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie exits the fourth room and checks the remaining doors, seeing they're all locked, he pulls a deck of playing cards out of his coat, shuffles it briefly, then looks at the top card. Seeing a diamond he stows the cards in exchange for a small leather pouch, selects a torsion wrench and pick, then sets to work picking the second door from the right.
(Spend 1 Locksmith)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door around the jamb feels quite rough to the touch, but it's hard to make out why. It doesn't take long to pick these rather large and inexpensive locks.

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona rushes up the stairs as quickly as she can. She stops momentarily to catch her breath before running up to the window. She tries to open the window, assuming it doesn't open, she slams her fists into window and starts screaming. "Help!! Help us! Somebody, we're in here!!" Figuring it was futile, she runs into the nearest unlocked room
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan reaches the upper floor and takes a look around before calling out: "Miss Aston? Is everything ok?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Her voice comes from behind the door to Room #2: "Everything's fine... I managed to get the window open." A pause. "Would there happen to be a ladder around here, do you know?"

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie stops just short of crashing into Jonathan as he bounds up the stairs, "What's happenin' up here?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Hello, what's this about a ladder?" Artemis came up behind Charlie and asked down the corridor. He turned to Charlie and shrugged in confusion.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"No idea", Jonathan shrugs. "But I don't think there is any ladder in the building. Have you seen one?" He then starts moving towards the room where Ilona is.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona walks out of the room and into the corridor. "We'll need a ladder... unless any of you boys can jump out a second story window?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Not likely, Artemis replied and tapped his walking stick a couple of times while grinning. "But, it wouldn't take long for us make something of a rope from blankets or even curtains if there are any in the room? No one else up here, right?"
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"Oh, I-I haven't been to the other rooms. Should I check? I'm not sure I'll be useful tying together rope and blankets..."
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"There are a lot of clothes in the second room. you could tie them together for a rope."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Very well. Let's get to work, then".

Spoiler:
Jonathan will start working on creating a sort of rope from the available clothes and stuff.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Alden,this would be a simply Craft spend to put together something out of blankets. You'll need access to the various rooms to get three such blankets, then spend a point of Crafts and you'll have a rope that anyone can use with an Athletics Target Number 2. The second room will give you only a blanket and thing curtains but, admittedly, if someone clung to the other side of the blanket while two people held the other side and braced, they could be lowered most of the way down with a successful Athletics roll. This is only the second storey, after all. Heck, clinging to the window sill and dropping would only lead to a single health point worth of damage. An athletics roll could mitigate that completely for a drop and roll but each person would naturally need to roll for themselves.

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
I don't have Craft, unfortunately, so unless someone else wants to make a spend, we'll go with Plan B and use just the blanket.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"RIght, Jonathan, we can do this. A little blanket rope and knotwork will give us a level of assurance as we crawl out of this place." Artemis smiled and patted Jonathan on the shoulder. "Well, I can say that I learned something in the trenches in France! We need to tear or cut the blanket in a couple of strips and work on the knots. Don't want to drop this one, nor let the duchess downstairs fall on her down stairs!"

Artemis winked and headed into Room 2. As he did so, he turned about and looked at Charlie and Ilona. "So, should we try to open these other doors and make sure we don't have another surprise lurking about this damn place?"
Craft spend,Will use the one point I have in craft...understand what you are saying...but some level of assurance would be great.

Return to “The Railway Station”