Railway Station Waiting Room

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Re: Railway Station Waiting Room

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie runs a hand through his hair, "Okay, I'll go out and see if I can open this door from the outside. Whoever's in the restaurant. it looks like they're not getting out any time soon, but I'll send Mr. Durant down just in case, sound like a plan?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate nods. "That sounds good to me," she says. "Getting that door open from the outside is our best bet. While we're waiting, maybe one of us can try the telegraph to call for help. The wires are probably cut, but it might be worth a try."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

"I wonder if we could elevate him here on a bench, and then get all of us outside to see what is going on. I say Frank and I could leave here last. Now what was going on in the restaurant." Artemis looked about and at the door the restaurant as he spoke.
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"I sent an S.O.S, no idea if it worked or not." Charlie says as he yet again makes his way back upstairs.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Charlie, I will see if Ms. kate and I can get this man in a better location and then we can come on up. Ms. Kate, where should we put him?"Artemis moved to the foot of the prone man and looked about for a bench or couch that would work for the man.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

A small and dark ante-chamber is built into the room from the front doors to keep the light from inside from spilling out. The curtain at one end has been thrown askew, revealing the door which is chained from the outside. The room itself is quite wide with scuffed floors and worn benches sitting back to back in the middle. More benches line the walls, with paintings of local scenes and nearby Plymouth adorning the brick above them. Naturally all of the windows beside the entrance door are covered in a heavy shroud of black cloth that blocks your view of the outside world and leaves you enclosed in this cozy little space.

The whole place feels quite warm and cheery due to the lovely big old fire burning on the other side of the building, flanked on either side by the ladies and the gentleman's restrooms. It's given an even toastier feeling because the whole room is bathed in a nice orange glow with very little competition - only one of the wall-mounted lamps is on and that's one of those nearest the door. There is a most peculiar odour of polish, cologne and saddlery, which might be caused by the pile of horse gear strung out over one of the benches which is most peculiar. A portrait of the British King holds pride of place above the fireplace.

The other doors here all have glass-frosted windows with black stencilling giving their labels. On the left are two doors (one broken inward and then mainly closed, though still hanging ajar) and a shuttered window. The labels read Station Master's Office (broken door) and Baggage Room where you can pay to store your baggage. On the right is a door to the restaurant. Near to that is a set of steps that head upwards to what would presumably be a few hotel rooms.

Places to Go:
Credit Rating Knowledge,It really is quite all right to knock on the Station Master's office door and expect him to manage things for you.
Outdoorsman or Riding Knowledge,These high-quality saddles have been kept in very good condition despite also being well-used. They therefore belong to a keen and enthusiastic rider who nonetheless takes great care of his or her horses.
Law Knowledge,Allowing a chink of light to escape from the railway station would be grounds for a not-so-insignificant fine and some serious dressing down. Of course, one thing that should also be present are instructions to the nearest air raid shelter. There are no such signs in here. Hopefully there isn't an air raid before you manage to board the train.
Art or Art History Knowledge,The paintings are all local pieces of the sort made by ordinary landscape artists who have a neat skill with a paint brush but lack the sense of style that separates mundane painters from the masters. These paintings have been made by a half dozen different artists. Only one has signs of real style but something about the design work leaves you in mind of a painter who has used a skilful photograph as their subject and presumed the colouration. It is a haunting image of a sunset with brooding storm clouds above the flashes of colour with green grasses below.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

[Image

"We can sit him up on a bench," says Kate, moving behind the man's head so she can help carry him by reaching under his arms. "It might be best to use the one nearest the door. That way we can get him out of here quickly once the others open the door from outside. But what if whoever's in the restaurant manages to get out before the door's open? Maybe near the stairs would be better."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis walked over and placed his walking stick against the bench that Kate had indicated. He spun on his heel and returned to help her lift the prone man. "I think we need to get him near that door and then get ourselves out there on the platform. We should be able to find a way in from the outside. I am not certain I would leave him upstairs in the room with the rope though. Something odd happened there for certain."

Artemis bent down and pushed his arms and hands underneath the man's back and shoulders lifting him off the floor and began to move him towards the bench allowing for Kate t grab the man's feet to help if she was so inclined.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate moves around the unconscious man and helps carry him by the legs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Once they had the man well positioned on the available bench, Artemis turned to look over the room again and spent a brief second paused at the restaurant door. He turned back to kate and said, "Now let's join Charlie and Frank so we can get all of us out of here and back onto the platform. "
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Once Artemis had retreated downstairs Frank waited a second listening for any pursuit. After hearing nothing he quickly stumbled backwards, through the hall, and down the stairs the whole time keeping his gun trained upwards (but aware that the women might still be around).

Emerging at the bottom of the stairs he said "When are we getting out of here?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"on our way now, let's get Ms. Kate out first them you and I can go after her. " Artemis responded as he met Frank at the bottom of the stairs. "did you see the Countess up there while we were gone? "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We can't just leave him unattended," says Kate. "Someone needs to stay with him until we get that door open, or he could be in danger. I don't think his medical condition will get worse, so it doesn't have to be me. I'll head upstairs first. When I get there, which way do I go to get outside?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Ms. Kate, they are saying outside that he isn't the Station Master. I think we need to get all of us outside and together to figure out what is going on." Artemis waits for her to go ahead of him as he speaks. "You need to head up to Room Two, Charlie should be up there. Still don't understand where the Countess got off to in this place."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Whoever he is," says Kate, "we can't just leave him alone and unconscious. He could be killed! One of you has got to stay with him until we can get the front doors open, and then we can bring him outside. I'll keep an eye out for the Countess. Maybe you couldn't find her because she's already outside." Kate heads up the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis watched the woman ascend the stairs and turned back to Frank. "Frank, I am of the mind that we either take him up with us, easier said than done, I suspect. Or, we head up and out and try to come back in from the outside to pull him out. Another thought is that we find a window down here that we could break and pull him through."

Artemis scanned the room to see if any of the covered windows might be wide enough to break open push the prone man through.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

There aren't many windows in this room which is surrounded by other rooms on three sides. The front area as quite narrow windows which could fit a conscious man of his size without too much difficulty but which would be difficult to manoeuvre an unconscious body without harm. Especially since there'd likely be glass remaining. It is certainly possible.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Seeing no really good option in the waiting room, Artemis turned back to the stairs and climbed up to the hall on the second floor. He turned to Frank and said, "let's get outside, and then find a way to get back into the building to get that man out as well."

As he ascended the stairs he shouted upstairs, "Charile, help Ms. Kate out the window, we are coming up to talk about what the three of us should do next."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis moved down the stairs and stood at the bottom stair, he aimed the beam of light about the waiting room. "Now, Miss Kate, where should we be focusing our attention down here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's try to do this gradually," says Kate. "We don't want to make more noise than necessary, or he might react unpredictably. I'll take it a bit at a time and stop as soon as I've got his attention." She starts by rapping on the restaurant door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Railway Station”