Railway Station Waiting Room

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Railway Station Waiting Room

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate gasps, putting a hand to her chest. "Who the devil is that?!" she cries. "I thought only Miss Aston and the Countess were still up there, and those sure don't sound like a lady's footsteps. They could be in danger!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

At the sounds, Artemis stepped backwards waving the flash light ahead of him as he did so trying to get a sense of what that sound was and what was it that was coming down the stairs.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

The stairwell is empty. No sign of anyone there. But as he flashes his light about, the footsteps break into a zig-zagging run upstairs, ending in the sound of shattering glass and a woman's high-pitched scream.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"What the hell was that? Frank, bring your gun, we have to see what that was!" With the flashlight in his right hand, and his left hand firmly grasping the silver knob of his walking stick, Artemis ascends the stairs quickly. "Countess, Ms. Aston, what happened? Are you alright? Where are you?
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Frank jumped at the sound of glass shattering. His eyes went to the stairwell. He was barely drawing his pistol and starting to move by the time Artemis had reached the bottom of the steps and shouted to him. Frank stopped at the bottom of the steps himself once Artemis moved started ascending the stairs and yelled out "Drop to the floor if you want me to start shooting."

As Artemis moves out of the stairwell into the hall Frank follows him up a few steps at a time, still covering with his pistol.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate shudders when she hears the breaking glass and the scream. "I'll stay here and watch the Station Master," she says. "I'll be fine, go help them!" She's just as relieved that she doesn't have to go with them. Frank has a gun and Artemis has his hefty walking stick, but she'd be of little use in a fight - and she's downright terrified. I just hope Miss Aston and the Countess are okay, she thinks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"I'm not leaving you alone with him, Miss. Besides, I'd just get in the way up in that tight corridor." Charlie's voice is reassuring, though really he's trying to calm himself more than he is Kate. "Besides," he flashes her a smile and switches to a cavalier tone, "being the last line of defence for you makes me look pretty heroic." He positions himself between Kate and the stairwell, keeping an ear out for what's going on upstairs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Charlie's grin is infectious, for Kate manages a smile of her own. "I do appreciate your chivalry," she says, "but he doesn't look like much of a threat at the moment. I'm not in danger right now, and they are."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a few shouts from upstairs, of the "Miss Aston where are you?" sort of variety. No gunfire yet. It is nice and cozy down here, at least, with the warm and crackling fire and the lovely paintings along the wall. Shame about all of the stress and strangeness.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"She might have gone out the window," suggests Kate to Charlie. Then a thought occurs to her. "With the scream and the breaking glass, she might have been thrown out the window!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

The grin drops from Charlie's face and he runs upstairs.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's shouts from upstairs. Not frightened and panicky shouts, but calls to and fro. She can't make out their words, though she can make out Hagan in the corridor above asking where everyone is. The room is warm and comfortable and lit well enough to make all the strange and bizarre events of the night seem so very far away. In here one can almost pretend that everything is fine and that everyone else is overreacting. Funnily enough not even that rancid buttery smell penetrates the very niceness of this room. Yet she hears a noise behind her, coming from the restaurant door. A tapping at the frosted glass.... A rattling of the door.... The man, the alleged station-master-who-isn't, groans in his sleep, features twisting in a look of misery and loss even in his sleep.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hello?!" calls Kate, moving up to the door and trying to peer through the glass to get a look at whoever is on the other side. "Who's in there?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Roll Sense Trouble TN 5 and read if successful,There's the sound of footsteps moving back and forth behind the door and a heavy primal breathing that sends a shiver up and down her spine. What is that noise? And why does it sound so ... inhuman? Finger nails scrape the metal of the door, lightly, so as to almost pass unheard, yet the scrapes seem too sharp to come from a human nail. No, surely that's a silly line of thought and yet ... and yet she can be sure that whoever stands opposite this door means her harm.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Shuddering, Kate turns and runs away from the restaurant door to the base of the stairs. "There's someone behind the locked restaurant door!" she calls up the stairs. "Someone horrible!"
OOC,Sense Trouble roll (spending 3 points): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door handle rattles again, urgently, as though inspired by the sudden sound of her voice.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie rushes back down the stairs, followed by Artemis. "Miss Lacey, we have a way out." He keeps his eyes on the restaurant door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door is silent and still.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis followed down the stairs behind Charlie taking a bit longer than his colleague. As he came down to the bottom of the stairs, he paused. "What is going on down here? We need to get out of the building. Ms. Aston said that this guy here is not the Station Master."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's good there's a way out," says Kate, lowering her voice so as not to alert whoever is on the other side of the restaurant door, "but what about the Station Master? Whoever he is, we can't leave him here. He'll be helpless. I suppose we could risk carrying him upstairs, but then we'd have to find a way to get him outside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Railway Station”