Railway Station Waiting Room

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Railway Station Waiting Room

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Can you grab the saddlery?" Kate asks Artemis. "If we can strap him in, we can use that as the harness so we can lower him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Sure, sure, that could help. I think." Artemis turned about before he got beyond the second or third step and walked back to the bench with the saddle. He grabbed the saddle horn and slid his other arm and hand underneath the back of the saddle. It was a bit awkward, but it was lighter than the prone man, and if he didn't rush himself, he should be able to make it up the stairs.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Not sure if it is needed but figured,ok, while I am here put in a dice roll just in case.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Artemis picks up the saddlery quietly enough to prevent any loud noises or jangles, and then hurries light-footedly back to the others.
Dice roll,works for a good stealth check to avoid attention outside.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Can I get the man upstairs if [b]Frank[/b] helps me carry him?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,let's see. On a successful dice roll, yes. Getting an unconscious body upstairs isn't as easy as it sounds as it's all limp and heavy. If you had a board you could tie him to it would be easier. Frank just needs to roll a 4 for simple difficulty. I'd roll for him but he may wish to spend Athletics points.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is [b]Frank[/b]'s player still around? I've been waiting to see if he'll help.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Help!" cries Artemis from upstairs.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate sets down the man she is carrying at the foot of the steps. She doesn't like leaving him alone, but she has to do what she can for Artemis, and she hopes she'll be able to come back for the unconscious man later. She is already racing up the stairs before she realizes that Artemis may be calling not merely because he is injured, but because he is in danger.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A small and dark ante-chamber is built into the room from the front doors to keep the light from inside from spilling out. The curtain at one end has been thrown askew, revealing the door which is chained from the outside. The room itself is quite wide with scuffed floors and worn benches sitting back to back in the middle. More benches line the walls, with paintings of local scenes and nearby Plymouth adorning the brick above them. Naturally all of the windows beside the entrance door are covered in a heavy shroud of black cloth that blocks your view of the outside world and leaves you enclosed in this cozy little space.

The whole place feels quite warm and cheery due to the lovely big old fire burning on the other side of the building, flanked on either side by the ladies and the gentleman's restrooms. It's given an even toastier feeling because the whole room is bathed in a nice orange glow with very little competition - only one of the wall-mounted lamps is on and that's one of those nearest the door. There is a most peculiar odour of polish, cologne and saddlery, which might be caused by the pile of horse gear strung out over one of the benches which is most peculiar. A portrait of the British King holds pride of place above the fireplace.

The other doors here all have glass-frosted windows with black stencilling giving their labels. On the left are two doors (one broken inward and then mainly closed, though still hanging ajar) and a shuttered window. The labels read Station Master's Office (broken door) and Baggage Room where you can pay to store your baggage. On the right is a door to the restaurant. Near to that is a set of steps that head upwards to what would presumably be a few hotel rooms.

There is no sign of either Frank or the unconscious man.

Places to Go:
Credit Rating Knowledge,It really is quite all right to knock on the Station Master's office door and expect him to manage things for you.
Outdoorsman or Riding Knowledge,These high-quality saddles have been kept in very good condition despite also being well-used. They therefore belong to a keen and enthusiastic rider who nonetheless takes great care of his or her horses.
Law Knowledge,Allowing a chink of light to escape from the railway station would be grounds for a not-so-insignificant fine and some serious dressing down. Of course, one thing that should also be present are instructions to the nearest air raid shelter. There are no such signs in here. Hopefully there isn't an air raid before you manage to board the train.
Art or Art History Knowledge,The paintings are all local pieces of the sort made by ordinary landscape artists who have a neat skill with a paint brush but lack the sense of style that separates mundane painters from the masters. These paintings have been made by a half dozen different artists. Only one has signs of real style but something about the design work leaves you in mind of a painter who has used a skilful photograph as their subject and presumed the colouration. It is a haunting image of a sunset with brooding storm clouds above the flashes of colour with green grasses below.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate takes one look around, sees that nobody is here, and heads back upstairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A small and dark ante-chamber is built into the room from the front doors to keep the light from inside from spilling out. The curtain at one end has been thrown askew, revealing the door which is chained from the outside. The room itself is quite wide with scuffed floors and worn benches sitting back to back in the middle. More benches line the walls, with paintings of local scenes and nearby Plymouth adorning the brick above them. Naturally all of the windows beside the entrance door are covered in a heavy shroud of black cloth that blocks your view of the outside world and leaves you enclosed in this cozy little space.

The whole place feels quite warm and cheery due to the lovely big old fire burning on the other side of the building, flanked on either side by the ladies and the gentleman's restrooms. It's given an even toastier feeling because the whole room is bathed in a nice orange glow with very little competition - only one of the wall-mounted lamps is on and that's one of those nearest the door. There is a most peculiar odour of polish, cologne and saddlery, which might be caused by the pile of horse gear strung out over one of the benches which is most peculiar. A portrait of the British King holds pride of place above the fireplace.

The other doors here all have glass-frosted windows with black stencilling giving their labels. On the left are two doors (one broken inward and then mainly closed, though still hanging ajar) and a shuttered window. The labels read Station Master's Office (broken door) and Baggage Room where you can pay to store your baggage. On the right is a door to the restaurant. Near to that is a set of steps that head upwards to what would presumably be a few hotel rooms.

There is no sign of either Frank or the unconscious man.

Places to Go:
Credit Rating Knowledge,It really is quite all right to knock on the Station Master's office door and expect him to manage things for you.
Outdoorsman or Riding Knowledge,These high-quality saddles have been kept in very good condition despite also being well-used. They therefore belong to a keen and enthusiastic rider who nonetheless takes great care of his or her horses.
Law Knowledge,Allowing a chink of light to escape from the railway station would be grounds for a not-so-insignificant fine and some serious dressing down. Of course, one thing that should also be present are instructions to the nearest air raid shelter. There are no such signs in here. Hopefully there isn't an air raid before you manage to board the train.
Art or Art History Knowledge,The paintings are all local pieces of the sort made by ordinary landscape artists who have a neat skill with a paint brush but lack the sense of style that separates mundane painters from the masters. These paintings have been made by a half dozen different artists. Only one has signs of real style but something about the design work leaves you in mind of a painter who has used a skilful photograph as their subject and presumed the colouration. It is a haunting image of a sunset with brooding storm clouds above the flashes of colour with green grasses below.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate steps into the waiting room. "Looks clear," she says, taking out her gas mask and putting it on in preparation for going into the ticket office.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan walks inside and slumps on one of the benches, covering his face with his hands.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's hard to know just how cold it is, how much the cool air gets beneath your skin and drains you of all your warmth, until you enter the waiting room and feel the comforting warmth from the fireplace surround you once more. You feel a little more alive, though you're aware of how cold you are. You feel yourself start to warm up, though it makes you shiver and your skin goose pimple. Despite your coats, you have the feeling that it's much colder out there than you realised and that it probably isn't healthy to spend too much time away from the warmth.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis walked over to the fire place, having walked into the waiting room. His mind flashed back to when they walked into the waiting room the first time, when odd was just that. He shook his head and just focuse on the radiating heat. He let his hands heat up. "Now, what the bloody hell do we do?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We check the Station Master's office," says Kate as she finishes affixing her gas mask. "Put your mask on if you're going in there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie walks in and sits next to Jonathan,"We'll get through this, don't you worry, just need to stick together."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan turns towards the other man and suddenly bursts out in rage: "Stick together? Spare me this crap. When things got dangerous, you just ran away", he stands up as he keeps talking, his voice getting louder: "Don't expect me to believe you care about anyone else. At least I tried... at least I tried", he turns around and walks away, shivering, trying to regain control.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charlie,when he yells at you, in the mere moments after he finishes speaking, you can hear a sibilant whisper start up like a buzzing in your ears, the words themselves indecipherable. It fades away after a few seconds and you almost wonder if you'd heard anything at all.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Guys, we need to focus and we need to get help here What ever happened out there or in that train, we eed to put it behind us to just get this place under control." Artemis spun about from the fire place and said using his take control voice as he realized that the other two guys seemed to be on edge with each other. He felt a bit of relief in doing so. He watched as Ms. Kate reached for her gask mask.

"Ms. Kate, I don't have gas mask with me, don't think I brought it with me now that I think about it. Should have, but..."

Return to “The Railway Station”