Railway Station Waiting Room

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Re: Railway Station Waiting Room

Post by jimjam »

Ilona comes back inside, shivering. She doesn't have her coat on anymore and is rather pale in the face. She takes a seat slowly then takes a deep, controlled breath in and out.
"I think I really need a cup of tea." She says strangely cheerfully.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

A clock chimes the half hour in the Station Master's office. As those chimes peel away, reverberating deep within them, there's four thudding great sounds at each corner of the wall beside the door, coming from the other side, and the heavy jangle of large steel chains.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's 8:30 already!" says Kate, even more frightened as she rushes for the exit. "What the devil was that? Someone's locking us in!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

"No!" Ilona blurts out as she jumps to her feet. "I-I mean, I'm sure that's not the case! Here, I'll help you get it open, it's probably just the wind."
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Frank jumps at the thuds near the door.

"Ladies! Please wait! Gentlemen," he says speaking to Artemis and Jonathan, "Would you be able to secure the door for a moment?"

Without waiting for an answer he kneels down, quickly unlocks his case, and after rummaging around for a a couple seconds stands up with a Colt M1911A1 and rams some extra clips into his pocket. He then shrugs off his suit coat and begins to slip on his shoulder holster making sure that he keeps his eye on the door, and keeps arm free to take a shot in case German soldiers were to run into the station. He doesn't know what exactly is going on, but he wants to be ready, and to be honest he is now getting a little concerned between the strange letter, the odd noises, and the ladies yelling.
jimjam
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jimjam »

Ilona turns around and watches the man pull the gun out of his bag and with no further context to what’s going on starts to panic. “Oh dear, oh dear… I-is this a robbery? Please my bags are outside, let us go. Oh... Oh no! You're the terrorists?” She turns to Miss Lacey. "They're going to sacrifice us as apart of their horrid cult ritual!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's even more worrying for the two ladies who are currently trapped in the short blackout corridor, the internal curtain flung roughly aside and thus still hanging open, with the stuck door at their back. There's the chug-chug-chuck sound of the train coming from outside and approaching the station.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate gently places her hands on Ilona's shoulders. "Try to stay calm," she says. "I don't think he's one of them, or they wouldn't have locked him in with all of us, even if he has a gun. There's too much chance we'd all be able to overpower just one man. If they want to kill us, all they have to do is burn the station down or blow it up - but I don't think that's their game!" she adds quickly to keep the other woman from giving in to deeper panic. "Maybe the train is their target, and they just want to keep us out of the way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis pushes his way through the curtains and the two ladies in an attempt to peer out onto the platform, pulling back the black out curtain with his walking stick and letting his eyes adjust to the darkness outside. He focused both his breathing and his thoughts to what lay outside and the sounds coming through the closed doors.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Through the windows,it is dark outside and the moon seems mainly hidden away, simply gilding the heavy fog that floats dreamily across the platform with a silver light. There is a pair of lights in the distance, likely from the train, and it is just vaguely possible to see an outline of the pyramid of cases upon the platform. Unfortunately this angle doesn't allow you to see much of the door itself (which is solid wood and has no windows within them (though there are windows on either side of them).

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis shook his head in frustration. He leaned against the solid oaken door and pushed with his shoulder testing to see if the platform was no longer accessible to him and his fellow travelers.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Budging the door,would be an Athletics check. Two people can work on the door at the same time. You may spend points in Athletics to attempt to batter it down. You will end up with a sore shoulder, whether you succeed or fail, but I won't deduct any health points from you. This is a more difficult than normal test (i.e. higher Target Number than 4) but I won't tell you precisely how high. (1-pt Crafts spend available.)

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis leaned away from the door and then slammed his shoulder and upper arm against the oak.

[dice]1d6[/dice]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door doesn't budge.
Artemis,(Since dice roller didn't work, I rolled a dice for you and got a 4.)

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis leaned away from the door, then with a huff slammed his right shoulder and upper arm against the oak.
Spoiler:
[dice]1d6[/dice] now why is this not rolling a dice?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Unfortunately his efforts spent, the second hit does no more than the first.
General Skills Information,You can't simply re-test unless you do something differently enough to justify another try. As an example, if you failed to fix a motor using poor tools you couldn't re-test unless you returned after getting an engine schematic and better tools.

RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Frank Durant

Cursing himself inwardly for being so hasty Frank angled himself to a window so he could peek out as he yelled, "Mr. Richter, do you see anything?"

He continued berating himself internally. He had started out trying to keep a low profile and not draw attention, and he ended up pulling a gun in the middle of a crowded station. But really...beautiful women, sophisticated gentlemen, a mysterious note, and a missing station master...what was he to think? Perhaps he should take a break from reading anymore Hardy Boys as this was sounding just like a synopsis for one of Dixon's books.

After peeking out the window he calmly turned to address Ilona Aston while still keeping an eye on the door, "I am very sorry Miss, I really mean you no harm. I am afraid my nerves got the better of me and I was swept up with all the mystery and intrigue. Just give us a moment to ensure your safety and I will put this bean shooter back where it belongs."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The black out curtains are made into a wooden frame which makes them easier to move back and forth. Unfortunately you have to lever it out somewhat, rather than simply lifting a flap, which releases more light to the outside world. The train seems to be taking a long time to approach, you can still hear it, and it sounds louder and as though it were slowing down but it should have pulled into the station already.

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie rushes down the stairs only to come up short as he notices Frank. "Woah, what's goin' on here?" he says, holding out his hands in a non-threatening manner. "I don't want any trouble, sir."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan had been looking in disbelief at the scene in front of his eyes. Have these people gone mad?

He first waves a hand towards Frank. "Put away that gun... are you out of your mind? We are inside a railway station in England, for Christ's sake... what do you think it's going to happen, that would require a gun?". He then moves towards the door, and start knocking loudly, almost banging his fists: "Open the door! Is there anyone out there? Open the door immediately! This is not funny! We have a train to catch!"

Return to “The Railway Station”