Platform BEGIN HERE

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Re: Platform BEGIN HERE

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis grabbed his walking stick as the rope ascended and paused to listen. He stood still and listened. He controlled his breathing like when he was back in the trenches. And listened for the sound of something slamming into the train. He fingered about in his pockets and pulled out the silver star pendant, and also a few coins. He listened. Separating the silver pendant from the coins, Artemis shifted the pendant into his left hand and cupped it while holding the knob of his well traveled walking stick. He listened. He readied the few coins in his right hand, got his bearings to have a sense of the building's exterior, and then paused. He was ready to toss the coins far away from him and what ever it was that ran at the train, could chase after the coins. Or, at least that is what he told himself as he listened.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

The panicked screaming starts moments before the rope descends with the walking stick, giving him precious moments to untie the walking stick and pulling out the silver star pendant and handful of coins.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis focused on the rope and Ms. Kate's descendancy. As she came closer to the platform, he tried to steady himself so she could grab onto him if the need arose. He listened to the fog ready to toss the coins far away from where they were at.

"Miss Kate - quietly" Artemis whispered back up the rope.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a whuffing sound of heavy breathing in the fog, and the slapping sound of skin on concrete as something moves along the concrete. Then, moments after Artemis finishes whispering, the sound of the creature seems to stop entirely. No sound of heavy breathing. No sound of movement. It's still there though, right? Waiting for them in the gloom and the fog? Miss Kate manages to get to the platform without too much trouble, and can see the countess' pale worried face in the window above, barely visible in the gloom.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis raised his left hand to his lips, the walking stick hanging down in front of him, and made it clear to Ms. Kate to be quiet. He pulls back his right arm and fligns the coins as far away from him and Ms. Kate as possible.
[Spoiler-Button] Toss - Athletics? No points [dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

As the change goes flying about, Artemis looked back at Kate and then up at the window with his face betraying his concern as to whether the Countess would in fact climb down and out of the building.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is no reaction from the gloomy depths of the platform to the sound of the coin rattling across the platform. No sign of the countess, either....

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate nods, remaining silent. She beckons to the Countess to indicate that she should descend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no sign of anyone in the gloomy window above.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, I shouldn't have left her up there alone," whispers Kate. "I came down before her because I heard that scream and thought someone might need medical help. It came from the direction of the train. I don't know what to do about the Countess now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"I don't think we can go back up there and there is no way she would agree to us tying her into the rope and lowering her down." He whispered back to Ms. Kate and then sighed heavily shaking his head. "Maybe we find the others and then get some help to search that place?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," whispers Kate. "She knows to get out of there, and maybe she will on her own. She can look after herself for a while, but whoever was screaming needs help now. Let's make our way over in that direction, quietly. From now on, no more splitting up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Agreed, Miss Kate. Agreed." Artemis whispered in reply and then turned heading towards the train very carefully listening for any change in sounds within the mist.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

He moved a few steps further, paused, and looked back up at the window to see where the Countess may be now. He dropped his gaze and looked at Ms. Kate as well, then turned back and inched forward again.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

They cross to the first accessible train car without much difficulty. The platform is only several feet across, after all. Everything is so silent now but for the mournful wail of that far off air raid siren. It's almost more disturbing.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis continued to move quitely along the train car looking for a door to enter into the car. He looked back over his shoulder to see where Ms. Kate and the Countess were in relationship to the train car.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm sorry, I forgot to post here. I already entered the car, and now I'm beckoning for you to follow.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis looked back and saw a hand waving at him from the car's opening, he moved towards it and into the car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The fog is thick and dense around you, cold tendrils snaking into your clothing and tickling your skin almost as though it were a live thing. The bright roundness of the moon can still be somehow glimpsed through the cloud which surrounds you though you can barely make out more than a few yards ahead of you. You can primarily see the concrete platform and the stripe of paint declaring how far you should stand back to avoid being sucked under the train's wheels, and the red brick building behind you with its white-lined windows and Victorian lamps pressed against the station's brick walls and sitting unlit. Benches line those same walls, empty of fellow passengers, crowding more thickly beneath the blue awning that stretches before the station restaurant. You can smell the smoke slowly dissipating from the train itself and see it mainly by its dark silhouette, somehow darker than the space behind it. You can hear the sounds of its engine slowly, ever so slowly cooling, as though the train were parked here to stay. Perhaps with a flashlight you could see further, as it is, you have to walk and look about.

There's nobody on the platform that they can see, but there is Ilona's coat that she lost awhile back when she came out to wait for the train. It's hard to make out in the gloom, but there appears to be some sort of movement from within the coat. Movement and a dark stain....

Places to Go:
Evidence Collection,There are twin scrape marks across the platforms. 1-pt Outdoorsman or Crafts spends available.
Flashlight on the coat,The coat is stained with blood.
Opening the folded coat,A mess of blood slick feathers lies around a quivering skinless mess, vaguely shaped but for a beak and ... and talons! Is that a tiny bird? It looks like something has pulled its feathers off. Stability Loss 0/1.
Forensics Knowledge,The bird wasn't skinned. Somehow its feathers and skin were firmly attached to the coat and yet loosely attached to its body, meaning that when the coat was last unwrapped they went with the fabric. This ... isn't natural. Stability Loss 0/3. MAXIMUM OF THREE CAN BE LOST ON THE PLATFORM IN THIS SCENE SO IF YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST ONE YOU CAN ONLY LOSE TWO MORE.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He steps out into the fog-shrouded darkness. The air raid sirens seem so far away now, still wailing mournfully even though they should have died down into silence long ago. He is alone. Utterly alone. The world is dark but for the sliver of gloom-streaked light in the windows of the railway station waiting room. The ground is dirt and rocks beneath his feet. The air smells of train smoke and gunpowder. The engine of the locomotive ticking further ahead, not so far now, as the metal cools. No one is shoveling coal into its furnace now. He could walk toward the platform or he could attempt to walk away. Just walk and keep on walking.... Yet out there is darkness and there is something comforting about that light coming from the waiting room windows.

Return to “The Railway Station”