Platform BEGIN HERE

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Re: Platform BEGIN HERE

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Okay," Charlie whispers back, "just don't take any unnecessary risks."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kate nods. "I'll be careful," she whispers. "Wait near the chained door, and you'll hear the commotion in the waiting room. Once he moves away from the exterior door, you'll have your chance to get the other chains off." She creeps back to the makeshift rope to climb back up to the upstairs window.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie watches her climb up, ears straining to hear if who- or what-ever is trapped in the restaurant has made it through or tapered off its assault.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

The assault is tapering off ... somewhat.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie walks back to the bolted entrance, trying to stay alert despite the chilling fog.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The battering has subsided somewhat over the past minute, but it's not exactly gone away. At the moment it sounds like the sort of sullen thumping one might hear before some noise sets it off in earnest. The air is cold and the fog seems to swirl around him like a cloak, protecting him from sight and dampening the sound of his footfalls, but also making the shapes in the darkness and swirls of fog appear almost like faces looming out of the fog. Damn it's creepy out here.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Charlie pulls his coat closer around him as leans back against building, waiting and trying not to dwell on what he's seen.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The battering subsides for a long moment....

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

Counting out what seems like the longest 5 seconds in his life, Charlie puts the bolt cutters back into place, then squeezes.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It takes a long moment of squeezing to nip one side, than the other. If only he could grip the chain, steady it before it falls but that acid would wreck his hand even if it all did was hurt like hell. Once the second one is clipped, the chain clatters to the ground and the reaction inside the restaurant is immediate as something charges into the door, slamming it back on its hinges. One more good hit like that and the door will definitely be down....

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

"Shit-shit-shit..." Charlie swears repeatedly, struggling to get the last chain off.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

His hands tremble as he snips off one link, than the other, before finally the whole damn thing slithers free and slams to the platform with an echoing rattle that sets his very bones on edge. There's a terrible crashing sound as that creature - that thing - slams itself one final time against the door. A door that stands not so very far away from him. He glimpses it in outline. Somewhat like a person, yet tall, so very tall, with bunched up shoulders and swinging fists as it juts outs its bovine head first one way and then ... and then.... The fog obscures it. Obscures everything. What is he to do? What can he do?
Stability roll,[dice]0[/dice]
The sight of it, and the smell of it, sticky with sweat, musky, yet malodorous like old dry blood, sends his mind reeling (lose 3 Stability).

Charlie Hagan
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Charlie Hagan »

In a blind panic Charlie runs across to the train, hoping for an open door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's the sound and fury of movement behind him as something rushes up behind him and tries to slam him against the train. He can smell the stink of it, and feel the force of its blow....

[dice]0[/dice] (attack)
[dice]1[/dice] (damage, if necessary)

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

...as it misses him and slams against the train carriage. Charlie reaches the train and flings open the door, ducking inside and slamming it shut behind him. As he spun to slam it, he glimpses the creature staggering back and shaking its meaty head.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The cold mist is too heavy and thick to make anything out that's too far away. There were cars parked not far from the station and he recalls the vague direction, and he's pretty sure there was a bicycle near there, though he can't remember the condition it was in. You don't recall seeing any doors open on this sleek black and gold edged train but that doesn't mean they're locked. Perhaps if you tried one of the doors you could be more certain? There is light spilling out from around the shuttered carriage windows so perhaps there is life inside. He's sure he can hear faint traces of music coming from one of the rear cars. Alternatively he could head towards the parking area or back toward the chained front door. The cold is so numbing it's making it hard to think.
Forensics or Evidence Collection Knowledge,There are scratches on the inside of some of the windows that are otherwise shuttered, preventing one from seeing inside.
Places to Go:

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He can feel the fabric bite into the palms of his hands as he climbs down, the weight of his body pulling at his forearms, though being able to brace his feet against the wall does help his downward journey. The world is gloomy out here, thick with swirling fog and shadows, and the train lies steaming and chuffing quietly behind him, its engines slowly cooling. Those above can see him reach the platform below rather safely before....

[dice]0[/dice]

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

....something flies past his cheek to clatter hard against the platform behind him, skidding several feet away.

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis turned when he heard the clattering behind him. He glanced up and then turned back to see what had went by him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Something bloody ... something white.... It lies shrouded in the fog and gloom, hard to make out. The rope rises up beside him, pulled up through the window. Shuffling steps behind him, something drawing nearer. He can hear the wet, heavy breathing that sounds wrong. Then Jonathon's voice, coming from the train behind him: "ARTEMIS! CAN YOU HEAR ME? ANYONE?" Looking back, he can't see anyone through the gloom, but he can hear something race across the platform to slam against the train.

Return to “The Railway Station”