Murder in Arkham

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Murder in Arkham

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Monday, April 16th, 1928, Arkham City

Ghastly Murder

Police horrified by ferocious attack

The body of Miss Hannah Pickering, 20, was found at 1:00 a.m. this morning beside North Garrison Road, near the town dump. The victim had been dead for less than an hour when discovered, officials say. Police Officer Edmund Hallicot, who discovered the body said "I have never seen so horrible a sight. Whoever did this was an animal." The reporter understands that the nature of the attack was brutal in the extreme, and that details are not fit for publication in a family newspaper. The perpetrator of the deed as yet remains unknown and at large.

This adventure takes place in Arkham. The investigators are a group of people that occasionally work for the Police, investigating special cases. Antiquarian, Dilletante, Private Investigator, Professor are some suggestions for occupation.

If you are interested in playing this thrilled adventure, please PM me. :)
JustDave
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Murder in Arkham

Post by JustDave »

Hi. I'm new to this site but not to CotC. I'm up for playing a Professor of Natural History or Linguistics.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by paradys »

Good stuff! if you want to join us in the main thread or pm miss scarlet we can help bring your character into the game. its not very far gone so catching up should be easy.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Hi,
Is there any room for a complete and utter CoC neophyte in this game? :)

I'm not new to play-by-post/play-by-web gaming or RPGs in general (though it's been quite some time since I've played a tabletop RPG), but I've never played CoC. I own the fourth edition rulebook, is that good enough? Anything else I'd need? What's involved in getting myself up to speed? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks!

EDIT -- Actually it looks like I have the 5th edition book, thought it was 4th. It's the softcover red and white book. Says 5th edition on the spine.
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Frank Castle
Layman
Layman

Post by Frank Castle »

I shot you a character sheet Miss Scarlet. If you, and the group, don't mind a late joiner let me know.
Justice is what is wanted; Punishment is what is needed.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by paradys »

Hi amarriner. the best way to get up to speed is to read through the story threads, starting with early in the morning. then if your still interested talk to us in the ooc thread. as long as your confident in creating a character you should have no problem.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

paradys wrote:Hi amarriner. the best way to get up to speed is to read through the story threads, starting with early in the morning. then if your still interested talk to us in the ooc thread. as long as your confident in creating a character you should have no problem.
Great, thanks. I did read through (I think) everything over the weekend so I've got a decent grasp of what's going on. I'll post in the OOC thread later today. I've also already PM'ed Miss Scarlet, and I'll start working on a character sheet. I have a rough idea of who my character is. Thanks for the reply!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Miss Scarlet
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Miss Scarlet »

Hello folks,

We had enough answers. Thank you all for your interesting. I'm so sorry the delay in answering you, but I have some personal problems that made me travel and I didn't have internet access.

Thanks again and I'll answer your PM to include you in the game.
Good things take time, great things happen all at once.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”