Cthulhu Devon. 1920.

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Ash
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Cthulhu Devon. 1920.

Post by Ash »

Please sign up here for the Devon Cthullhu game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Cthulhu Devon. 1920.

Post by Mr. Handy »

I saw that Dave validated two new players, so those are probably yours. I'd be interested in playing too if you have more room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I do what I can. I hope you guys are well and miles away from the Shoggots of reality roaming our streets.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Ash
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Ash »

Thanks guys. I shall find out my players user names. They are unable to reply to the game forum for some reason. It's not a locked thread is it?
Ash
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Ash »

Of course you can join Handy. Generic 20s investigator is ok.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No problem, and thank you. If they still can't post, maybe the two new players Dave validated weren't yours, or maybe they weren't all of your players. The thread is not locked, so anyone who's validated should be able to post in it. If they post in this thread, which they can do even when not validated, or if you give us their names, we can take care of validating them.

How does character creation work in your game? What edition are you using?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

I'm interested too.
Juridicalidiot
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 3 years 2 months

Post by Juridicalidiot »

I'm interested in playing.
ByronOrlock
Layman
Layman

Post by ByronOrlock »

Count me in
'Hyoscine affects certain people very oddly. One cannot be sure. Sometimes, these cases take strange forms.'
Mark Concannon
Layman
Layman

Post by Mark Concannon »

Hi Ash,

ok, I'm in. Here's what I'd like - as means of introduction - for my character to do:

Maria, a striking (if short) woman in her early twenties struts to the reception desk, and in one swift motion smacks her peeled-off gloves onto the reception bell, with a resounding ding!
She is mildly fuming, or 'put out', as they used to call it.
She announces (before any one can respond to the bell) "The dining-room had better still be open, I've had a long drive. I want underdone chops and plenty of them. I'm going to build up my nervous system before anything else, and then I'm going to bed."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome to all the new players! I've made sure you're all validated, so you should be able to post on the game boards now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Juridicalidiot
Layman
Layman

Post by Juridicalidiot »

A rather nondescript middle-aged man of middling-height and rather scowling features in a bow tie, bicycle suit and fedora enters the premises. He is Clifford Levi-Mead, an old Oxfordian professor of Polynesian anthropology. Rather scruffy, he has fallen into relatively straightened circumstances having been removed as chair of his College after one too many 'amorous interludes' with postgraduates, the result of his clear hypomaniac tendencies. On the surface this disorder manifests itself in his roving eyes, and pacing and fidgeting. In this instance he is immediately both hostile towards the hotel staff while making the usual inappropriate comments to the members of the fairer sex present, without, however, any ulterior motive behind them. Fortunately for Levi-Mead, his College has granted him a long sabbatical, hoping that he will return to Tahiti or Borneo. Even more fortunately for him, his ability to craft wooden Polynesian fertility totem poles and pass them off as originals, guarantees him a decent income for these in-vogue pieces on the London and Paris markets. He also makes a living ghost writing the sexual exploits of other anthropologists and the occasional episode of related blackmail. As befits his occupation and long years in the field among the natives his skills are anthropology, biology, craft, history, library, listen, navigate, occult, persuade and psychology. He has no hobbies, for his job is his hobby.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Which edition are we using?
Ash
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Ash »

6th edition.

If we keep posts clean and savoury that would be appreciated folks. It's a public forum and although it's Call of Cthulhu I would like to keep the content within the realms of social decency. Thanks for your understanding.

When you are ready please post your first introduction post to the prologue here.

https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 482&t=7350
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you. I should be able to create my character and post an introduction this weekend. Where should we post our characters when we create them? Do you want to create a thread on the game forum for that?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I posted in the game forum about the dice roller. It won´t work in the recruitment forum, but in the actual game forum. I see player are using honour rolls. The dice roller do work, if you want to use it. I´ll delete my post when you guys have seen it.
Cheers!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd like to use my character from Horror on the Orient Express, Felicity Hayward. She was made for 6th edition. The game fell apart before it got very far after I joined, unfortunately. Those events haven't happened yet, as this adventure takes place before that one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ash
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Ash »

That's perfect Mr Handy. Yes to dice roller please.
Ash
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Ash »

Thank you for signing up and welcome to the game which is located https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 482&t=7350
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

This is how you use the dice roller!,Ash, when you post a reply, select full editor from the "submit" section. [b]Edit: I shut off the quick reply function and you now get the full editor by default[/b]. This opens up a tab list with spoiler tags and dice tags, Hit dice tab and you get [code][/code] displayed, Add your prefered dice between the brackets. [code]1d100[/code] Do make sure your roll code uses a single free line. So nothing interferes with the code.
TVblog

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”