The Darkness Inherent modern game Requires Players

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
abominable_yowie
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

The Darkness Inherent modern game Requires Players

Post by abominable_yowie »

The modern game The Darkness Inherent requires a couple of players.
http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=20

Player Characters can be created anew (any modern profession)
or,
Take over existing characters {existing players busy}
Rebecca Bronson - Firefighter
Lance - Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
or,
create new character on suggested profession
eg: other RCMP officer (woman or Native American)

Link to list of Characters in TDI:
http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... f=20&t=289

Please post or PM any interest or character ideas.

Hope 2 c u in game, Yowie.
Last edited by abominable_yowie on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaggerty
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: The Darkness Inherent modern game Requires Players

Post by Zaggerty »

I have sent you a PM.
abominable_yowie
Keeper
Keeper

Zaggerty Takes Established Character Dr. Allen Bailey MD

Onya Zag!

Zaggerty has taken-over the running of Dr. Allen Bailey (medical doctor).

Dr Bailey is an existing foundation character in TDI, whose previous controlling player left earlier this year.

Carnage Lee is running Firefighter Rebecca Bronson along side his character Stephen Britton (zooologist), and being shadowed by the character's original creator imme. Likewise, I am running Lance of the RCMP (shadowed by coffee demon), along with my character Geoff Whately (engineer), and Keeping the game.

Both coffee demon and imme are busy in other games/keeping and are unable to return after TDI's hiatus. Both carnage lee and I would be happy for any other intending players to take over the running of these established characters Rebecca and Lance, as imme has given her blessing.

As we come together... The Darkness remains ever Inherent.

- Yowie.
carabas
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by carabas »

Hey
I think I'd be very interested in playing, and playing a woman is no problem
But I've never played in this format so I have a couple of questions:
About how much time do players dedicate to the game, weekly, or daily?
I wouldn't want to hinder the game by not being able to commit sufficient time to the game. Also, I live in italy, I don't know if this causes problems with time zones.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

carabas wrote: Hey
But I've never played in this format so I have a couple of questions:
About how much time do players dedicate to the game, weekly, or daily?
I wouldn't want to hinder the game by not being able to commit sufficient time to the game. Also, I live in italy, I don't know if this causes problems with time zones.

Time zones generally doesn't have any impact on this type of game format - responses do not have to be immediate.

The time commitment needed can be fairly hard to juggle and increases if you are the Keeper or play in more than one game. Also all the games progress at different paces... sometime games speed up or slow down. Take a look at what Yowie id doing with TDI and see if you think you can fit in - 2 decent size posts per week should be ample.
abominable_yowie
Keeper
Keeper

Hi Carabas,
You are welcome to join game TDI. We have room for a couple more.
carabas wrote: Hey

We have a couple of women characters available.

The firefighter Rebecca Bronson, is already created, in action and ready to play. You can find her character sheet here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... f=20&t=288
At the moment this character is being run by Canage Lee who is very busy and probably would appreciate somebody else taking that character off him, since C_L is already running another character "Stephen Britton" in TDI

Another possibility is running Grace a RCMP officer. At moment she is a NPC. You would have to roll up characteristics for her.
carabas wrote: But I've never played in this format so I have a couple of questions:
About how much time do players dedicate to the game, weekly, or daily? I wouldn't want to hinder the game by not being able to commit sufficient time to the game.

All the games here are Play-By-Mail. With email this is a bit quicker, but still played in that spirit.

We try to post a couple or few times per week. At the moment, it is going a bit slow, as I have taken over the Keeping of TDI and I am still coming up to speed. I think the only commitment we seek is not frequency of posting, but more being in the game for a while.
{PS: Zaggerty, excuse delay, I hope to have Dr Allen Bailey playing by this weekend}
carabas wrote: Also, I live in italy, I don't know if this causes problems with time zones.

No problems re living in Italy. I live in Australia, Carnage Lee is in England/Britain, I think some others may be in North America. See point above re time.

Anyway, I hope you join one of the games here. I myself find it interesting, a lot of fun, a bit of a scare, and a great opportunity for literary expression. Hope to see you around the forums, especially in TDI.

Regards, Yowie.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”