Ash - Always Available

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Ash - Always Available

Post by Laraqua »

Cinemaplex - got a variety of people you could play here but I'll mention one due to it being an interesting concept worthy of a PC.

S/he's wearing a hoodie and so the person's gender hasn't been assigned, nor a name. Basically, this person has a well-trained labrador and a pair of dark glasses. S/he pretends to be blind to get into the cinema for free, having come in here a number of times with friends for so-called 'company'. Loving the good treatment, s/he has kept it up. Just thought it was an interesting idea and broad enough for someone to run with.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cinemaplex is still available. Thinking of doing a sealed subway car in the subway? Or perhaps some homeless bums / urban explorers / etc. in an urban decay area who hid under some tarpauline? (I never said how sealed an area had to be, to all those players who went to great lengths!). I'm willing to add new areas for solo and small groups.

The game isn't your usual CoC game so even if you wanna join Ash be sure to join another game, too, if one's available, so that you can get your fix of investigative horror!

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
edbraindead
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by edbraindead »

I would be interested in playing a sick kid named Charlie Matthews. He has severe asthma, so he's been in and out of the hospital most of his life. Charlie is fourteen years old, with light brown hair and blue eyes. He's 5'3 and 120 lbs.

If I can't play Charlie in the hospital, I'd be willing to play him as not sick and at the cinemaplex or anywhere else.
everdarkgreen
Layman
Layman

Post by everdarkgreen »

If there's room for me, I'd really like to play a homeless man. :D
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Laraqua,

Don't know if you're still hunting or interested in taking more players, but if so ... please let me know. I've got a good deal of experience rping all different sorts of personalities, so if you have a character that you would like to breathe a breath of life into and no one seems interested... I'm easy. :D
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Edbraindead, there are still unconscious children for you to take a hold of so that's simple enough. The party you'll be entering is quite large for the time being but I'll hopefully be splitting it in half soon because otherwise it'll get too hard to read.

Everdarkgreen, you can easily play a homeless man. Is there a particular area you would like him to start off with? Abandoned subway? Abandoned apartment building? Car park?

Impintraining, probably best if you and and Everdarkgreen were together. If I open up a new area, it helps to have a small party of two. Isolation is fun in moderation but it's best to have someone to talk to and also, as Forbidden Siren showed, having a second character can be as much trouble as bonus!

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Great! I'll start reading up on the story to get the feel of things. It sounds downright horrific just from this OOC area... I'll love it!

everdarkgreen, how often do you expect to post?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Laraqua, I've read a few of the threads to get a feel of what's going on and may I say, you're quite a master of horror from what I've seen.

Now, did you want me to come up with a character concept, or did you have a pre-generated character you would like me to assume? Either way is good for me.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Well, I'd rather not drag any more people into the hospital because it's kind of full - although I could handle it if people wanted to take over an ailing kid, or Joel from Paradys' thread (those two move along swiftly at a rate of about 2-3 posts per person per week).

The Cinemaplex could have various characters in or around that if you so chose.

But a different area could be created. I'm open to suggestions from you lot. I'm also open to whoever you guys want to play. Hookers at a brothel. Businessmen at a strip joint. Homeless people in an alley/abandoned subway station. All sorts.

And thanks Impintraining for your compliment, although I think I'm too conversational in parts with the descriptions. I need to get more evocative with the descriptions. I think the pacing's pretty solid, though. I try not to have monsters appear in all their glory too quickly.

Also, be aware I'm a kindly and flexible Keeper. I'll wait a month for each player to post before NPCing their character. If you notice a factual error or if I misunderstand your comments (such as if your character acted on poorly understood/described information and wouldn't have done the same thing with correct information), tell me and I'll fix it.

I try to keep parties at the same posting rate though there will be times when that won't be possible, such as emergencies, or when the game really calls for it.

Anywho, welcome aboard. Feel free to come into Ash's Chit-Chat and discuss possible ideas for yourselves or to get advice from myself and others.

edbraindead
Layman
Layman

Post by edbraindead »

would you rather i have charlie as a homeless kid instead of a sick kid in the hospital?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

up to you.

edbraindead
Layman
Layman

Post by edbraindead »

Instead I'll have him be a young pickpocket that hangs out around the cinemaplex.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Piano man »

I,m enjoying the hospital so much that I would like to play in a differnt section. I could go homeless or the muscle at a brothel, or even someone at the theatre.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Well, why don't you and edbraindead work out a place, characters to be together? Combine your imaginations!

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

I think that the cineplex has enough people in it. Why don't we do a pool hall or something of the like. We could be a couple of teenage thugs/pickpockets. you be the brain I will be the muscle.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Yeah, go with something ordinary. Hell, be kept behind in class at school. Be getting high behind a church. Be at a planetarium or a green room, etc.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Everyone interested in playing in Ash, come check out the new thread called New Areas to see if you wanna play in a few rather unique areas. No pre-reading required.

Also: Five words: King in Yellow: The Musical.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

I love the idea of a highschool that would be interesting.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The Cinemaplex has loads of characters someone could take on board. You could create any type of character you like - some back reading would be preferred - but you could just say your character was in shock and not paying attention.

Otherwise, we have a police officer who will be trying to reach the hospital. For those wanting to get in on the main action, that could certainly work. We could even start up a cop shop thread if a group of you wanted to be the police.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Okay, places so far that haven't been 'created' yet and allow ground level characters. No prior reading necessary.

Police Station (swamped with refugees - all sorts might be in here).
Private high school.

Places/areas that have a few restrictions.
Police Helicopter (very minor reading - I'm willing to start y'all off at the start as a prequel, but you'll eventually need to briefly have your pilots fly to the hospital as that's already been foretold).
Cinemaplex (loads of people there to choose from - includes a very well-armed survivalist girl and her family)

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”