Gaslight Game Looking For Players!

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Gaslight Game Looking For Players!

Post by Carcosannoble »

I need a few more good men and women to start my gaslight campaign! Advanced technology, evil cults, and diabolic creatures from places man has never been and hopefully never sees!
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Gaslight Game Looking For Players!

Post by welsh »

Tempted but at present I am unready and have no time to learn GURPS sorry. Also, I have a lot of my plate at the moment.

Honestly though, this has given me an idea about a game involving an international hunt for monster set in the late 19th century.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Sorry Carcosa, that I didn't stay in touch about this game. I wound up changing my character idea considerably after realizing the 100 year time frame difference. 1883 changes the game a great deal. How about a bar maid? I'm thinking of being the sort that has seen quite a deal of violence, would be fun to play. I would have an enchanted necklace, a family heirloom perhaps. Its special characteristic is that it gives me superstrength. I have never played Gurps before....finding it confusing....but willing to learn. Let me know.

Another idea for character could be a huntress....a real jock chick, quite rough around the edges, that has spent the better part of her life in the woods with her uncle, learning archery and tracking. I'm not sure if this game is set in a town or what, so unsure of what would fit better. My magical item is my heat seeking hunter's knife....
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Wrl101
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Wrl101 »

I've sat in at character creation for GURPS before so I think I'd be able to manage with the character creation side of things providing I can get a loan of the rules book from a friend. Is it hard to learn?
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

trixie wrote: Sorry Carcosa, that I didn't stay in touch about this game. I wound up changing my character idea considerably after realizing the 100 year time frame difference. 1883 changes the game a great deal. How about a bar maid? I'm thinking of being the sort that has seen quite a deal of violence, would be fun to play. I would have an enchanted necklace, a family heirloom perhaps. Its special characteristic is that it gives me superstrength. I have never played Gurps before....finding it confusing....but willing to learn. Let me know.

Another idea for character could be a huntress....a real jock chick, quite rough around the edges, that has spent the better part of her life in the woods with her uncle, learning archery and tracking. I'm not sure if this game is set in a town or what, so unsure of what would fit better. My magical item is my heat seeking hunter's knife....

The second one has a bit more panache. Either is fine though.
Wrl101 wrote: I've sat in at character creation for GURPS before so I think I'd be able to manage with the character creation side of things providing I can get a loan of the rules book from a friend. Is it hard to learn?

I don't think so, in fact, you don't even need the rule book, just give me a concept and I can work it out with you, it might be easier that way.
psyberwyche
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by psyberwyche »

Hi, I'm new to these boards and I'm looking for a game. Gaslight is my cup of tea - any spaces left?
Carcosannoble
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Carcosannoble »

There certainly are openings, head on over.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”