Trail of Cthulhu: The Last Train Home

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Trail of Cthulhu: The Last Train Home

Post by Laraqua »

Britain, November 13th, 1940.
The small village of Appledore, Kent, is on the northern edge of the Romney Marsh and was once a port on the estuary of the River Rother. It sits on the Marsh Link railway line between both Brighton or Hastings and Ashford. The railway station is beyond the Canal, 2 miles from the nucleus of the village. The railway station is quiet, as per usual, and you're one of the few people here to catch a late train to Ashford. Why the late train? The station master, Mr. Albert Eustace, had explained that there was no room on any of the daytime trains so it would have to be this one. Yet there's something off about Mr. Albert Eustace and the sense of wrongness only increases when you attempt to board the train. It wouldn't be so bad if the train were to actually go somewhere. Or if the entire place wasn't lately crowded in by tall fences, barbed wire and a fog that has crept out of nowhere. What on earth is going on? And what does Mr. Albert Eustace have to do with any of it?

Expected Campaign Length: 4th June 2016 - December 2016.
Expected Posting Frequency: Daily (weekends optional).
Player Spots: 4-6.
System: Trail of Cthulhu (Purist). 20 investigative points. 65 general points. If your occupation doesn't easily fit under the accepted categories in the Trail of Cthulhu book, let me know and I'll design something for you.

Style: A creepy investigative survival horror set in a specific location with a few puzzles that need solving. Since the characters are likely to split up (especially considering how small some sections are), each train car (though not compartment) will be in its own thread and players are encouraged not to read the other train cars until you enter them. There will be spoiler buttons showing information which anyone with the right investigative skill may read but you'll need to request spends, typically. Regrettably once your character has died you are out of the game unless there is an abandoned PC or NPC to utilise.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Trail of Cthulhu: The Last Train Home

Post by Laraqua »

We've lost a couple players to attrition and could use a player to take on an existing character. No pre-reading required!

I have a male and a female character available but I can't really give any more information than that at this stage.

I'm just after one more player!

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Lief Neema
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by Lief Neema »

Hello Laraqua, I have an interest in integrating as a member of your game. I have extensive experience with Trail of Cthulhu and am available to play the role of man or woman.
See my writings on: http://onemanpd.blogspot.com
Worryworf
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Worryworf »

I'm interested. If you're looking for a replacement. I know the system. Happy to read up as required.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

That'd be great! Do you mind what gender you play?

Worryworf
Layman
Layman

Post by Worryworf »

Not really. I can read up over the next couple days.
Ladybirdster
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by Ladybirdster »

Hey Im wondering if your still looking for a replacement? I would love to join.
ronaldoptot
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 4 years 11 months

Trail of Cthulhu The Last Train Home

Post by ronaldoptot »

Ive been reading through the Trail of Cthulhu books and a few of the scenarios. I am totally blown away by the all the scenarios put out by Perigrane Press, and Im totally excited to put some games together. Whod be interested in the Nagoya area?

Has anyone had any experience of Trail over Call of Cthulhu?
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

I don't have any experience with Trail, but I'd like to try out the system. I'd prefer published scenarios over homebrews for this one, though.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

We have a few places available for fresh characters.

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

I posted a welcome back post in your chit chat thread before I noticed this recruitment thread.

I'd like to join the train if you'll have me Laraqua. :)

I'm just getting back up to speed after a busy month where I've struggled posting, but I'll be fine in a few days.

I'm not a massive of the Gumshoe / ToC system, but I'm happy to play it still, especially in a forum game.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Excellent!

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”