Eternal Lies - looking for a replacement player

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Eternal Lies - looking for a replacement player

Post by Overlord87 »

So, one player from my Eternal Lies campaign had to quit due to RL reasons, and I'm currently looking for a replacement. Eternal Lies is a very long campaign, but fortunately we've only closed the first section for now, so anyone jumping in wouldn't have much reading to do to get up to speed. The system is Trail of Cthulhu. Regarding the investigator, you would have two choices: pick up the one left from the player (a sort of hardboiled private investigator called Clarence Lanalor), or create a new one. The first choice would be preferable, but the second will work as well (I'll just have to modify a couple of previous scenes and find a good reason for the new investigator to join in). If the existing character is chosen, you would have freedom to make some changes to better fit your playstyle.

You can find the game forum here: viewforum.php?f=352
The main topic to read to have an idea of what happened so far is the topic called The Diary (obviously reading all the IC topic would work as well, but it will take more time).

No previous knowledge of the game system is required, although you'll have to read it and learn it along the way (it's very simple, though). Here are the condensed rules, that are more than enough to start: http://site.pelgranepress.com/trail/fil ... _Rules.pdf

Also, it is strongly preferred that the new player has no previous knowledge regarding the campaign.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Eternal Lies - looking for a replacement player

Post by Overlord87 »

No one? Cthulhu is sad :(

Until I post again to say otherwise, the offer is still valid, so anyone interested can write here or send me a private message ;)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'm in! Quit a job and joined a game!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Well, welcome aboard :D

Couple questions:
1) Do you already know the ToC system?
2) Do you prefer to pickup the existing character (some modifications allowed if you want) or create a new one? I'm fine with both.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'm going with Clarence. I've not read up on ToC rules only checked some case files.
I'll learn by watching you guys.

See you in-character!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Up, another spot opened up as another player disappeared. The game is still moving on as there is a core of three "stable" players, but we're having periodical troubles with the other two spots. Before I permanently cut down the number of players, I'm making one last attempt.

So, Eternal Lies is a very long and epic campaign. We have currently completed the first main location and moved to the second. As the campaign is still in its early phase, it would be relatively easy for a new player to jump in. You can find the link to the game forum in the first post and go take a look.

It would be preferred if you could pick up the existing character (created by the missing player) an ex-military, ex-con called Mungo Cameron. As that investigator was played for just a couple of weeks, you could freely reshape him while keeping only the general concept.
Otherwise, we can work out how to insert a whole new investigator.

Post here or send me a PM if you're interested ;)
Mr. Loorg
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Loorg »

Hello,there. I would like to post interest for this game, and am fine with playing as Mungo Cameron. I am, however, a newcomer to this site, so the format of the story so far is a little confusing to me. Could you please show me what order I should read the existing threads in?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Mr. Loorg wrote:Hello,there. I would like to post interest for this game, and am fine with playing as Mungo Cameron. I am, however, a newcomer to this site, so the format of the story so far is a little confusing to me. Could you please show me what order I should read the existing threads in?
Hi ;) you can start by reading "The Diary", that is an OOC (out of character) topic that reports the story so far and gathers the clues. Then you can move to the actual playing threads, first in " The Invitation", then "The Hangar". After that, it should be clear how to proceed, following the investigation in Boston and Savannah. Reading all the IC threads it's not strictly necessary, once you've read The Diary, but will certainly help.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Up. One spot still available.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

I'd be interested in playing if possible.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

That would be great :D If possible, I would like you to pick up an existing character, chosen between:
- Clarence Lanalor, hardboiled private investigator
- Mungo Cameron, ex-military, ex-con
You would be able to move around some points and change some skills if you want. Also, you could roleplay them as you prefer, and even make some changes to their background.

This is to safeguard the continuity of the campaign, and you could change character when we close up the current section (Los Angeles).

On the other hand, picking up someone else's character is not something everybody likes, so if you prefer, we'll introduce a new character. It's not impossible ;)
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Overlord87 wrote:That would be great :D If possible, I would like you to pick up an existing character, chosen between:
- Clarence Lanalor, hardboiled private investigator
- Mungo Cameron, ex-military, ex-con
You would be able to move around some points and change some skills if you want. Also, you could roleplay them as you prefer, and even make some changes to their background.

This is to safeguard the continuity of the campaign, and you could change character when we close up the current section (Los Angeles).

On the other hand, picking up someone else's character is not something everybody likes, so if you prefer, we'll introduce a new character. It's not impossible ;)

Without looking deeply into it, the hard-boiled detective is sounding good.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Sounds good. You might want to check the character sheet (in the topic The Investigators) in the game forum, and see if you want to change something. Then read The Diary, and you might be ready to jump in. Clarence is temporarily being handled by carnage_lee in the topic Investigating the LAPD Report.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

So, since Mr. Loorg has actually disappeared before even starting, there's one spot available for anyone who might be interested.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Overlord, I'd like to take over. I'll follow the directions you gave Mr. Loorg. I don't know ToC very well but I'll look into it and get up to speed.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Great, you are welcome to join :)

You can look up here: viewtopic.php?f=352&t=5609 for the quickstart rules and some additional material. As said above, you can change the investigator to a certain extent, moving about some points and changing some abilities; also from a background and personality point of view, while keeping the general concept.
If you prefer, you can also create one from scratch, although I'd prefer for you to wait the end of the Los Angeles section.

The group should reunite soon, so that's a good moment to jump in. If you have any question, let me know ;)

As a final "warning", keep in mind that this is a very long campaign - I estimate something like 3 or 4 years to complete it. I feel any new player should be aware of that. I'm not obviously forcing anyone to stick around until the end, but if you have to drop off for any reason, please let me know (possibly with some advance). And that's all :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks Overlord!

I'm happy to keep Mungo as he is, he should be good fun to play. I'm reading up on the background and the ToC rules now. I want to try running my own game at some point so this should be a good experience for me to see how the process works, and I don't mind how long it runs. I'll let you know if I have any questions.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Very well, welcome aboard then :D
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

So, we have one opening. Currently, the group is wrapping up things in Los Angeles and following the trail to Mexico City. While the campaign has been going on for a while now, Eternal Lies is a very long campaign, comparable to the likes of Masks of Nyarlathotep. As a matter of fact, the group is just scratching the surface and has barely made contact with anything supernatural - yet. It would be possible for a new player to jump in with a new character. The system is Trail of Cthulhu. You can answer here if interested ;)
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Hi Overlord. I'm looking for A Trail of Cthulhu game if you'll have me. This sounds right up my street.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”