Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated?

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated?

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zombie Apocalypse ran from 2006-2015, starting on another site and moving here in 2008. After Chapter 6 concluded, many players left and the game slowed to a crawl in Chapter 7. Then the remaining players drifted away, and the game stopped. One of those players has returned and expressed interest in reviving the game, so I'm seeing if anyone else would like to play.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos, though it has its own similar mythology. It is a modern survival horror campaign inspired by Romero's zombie movies, with a massive ensemble cast of characters (though it got whittled down to size). It's highly lethal, which is why players are encouraged to play multiple characters. Chapters 3 through 7 are currently in the Graveyard, along with links to Chapters 1 and 2, if anyone wants to take a look and see if it's of interest. If people do want to play, I'll need to decide whether to continue from the current point or to reboot it completely and start over from the beginning.

Zombie Apocalypse may have died, but perhaps it can rise from its grave and start consuming the living once again. Are you prepared to survive in the face of the living dead?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated?

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'm up for taking on my old characters or even some other ones, to mix it up. Depending on perspective - it's all a new game, right?
Looking forward to it!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! I'd like to get at least four players before I start, but if it's just one or two I can still bring back the old game. It would be a lot more work for me to reboot the game and start over, and we'd lose all of the progress made over the last decade. On the other hand, it would mean characters we love (or love to hate) who were killed can return and have a second chance, and characters who were killed early after being introduced and never had a first chance might finally get some spotlight time. It would also probably be preferred by new players, who may be reluctant to jump into a game that's been in progress for so long or to do the necessary reading to catch up on their characters. Of course, they haven't missed as much as they might think, as the first six chapters all took place over the course of a single day.

This campaign has a similar style to The Walking Dead, though it's more like Fear the Walking Dead as it takes place at the outset of the zombie apocalypse. In fact, Welsh (the game's original creator) and I discussed back in 2008 the possibility of trying to turn this into a TV series, but nothing ever came of it. When The Walking Dead was introduced on TV, it was everything I imagined it should be.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Sure! This'll be my only game I'll play so I should be able to keep on going.

I think that it's a pretty easy game to just roll up a new character. Perhaps start a new Chapter even though 7 wasn't done?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, welcome back! Zombie Apocalypse should be clawing its way out of the Graveyard this weekend, and we can pick up where we left off since everyone here is a returning player.

I generally only do chapter breaks when there's a major change in the story or a natural transition. Sometimes they'll come in the middle of the action with a cliffhanger, but that's typically because something horrible has just happened or is about to happen. I do have plans to transition Chapter 7 to Chapter 8 eventually and have a name all worked out for the next chapter, but there's a key moment I have in mind to do that. It would be too much trouble to create a new chapter forum and new threads now, but I guess you can think of this as Chapter 7.5 if it helps.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zombie Apocalypse is now back from the dead! You can find it in the Modern Games section, or you can use the link in the initial post in this thread. We're currently in the middle of Chapter 7, and you may want to take some time to reacquaint yourself as to your characters' recent activities. The Character Sheets thread still has your character sheets, and the current locations thread has a list of threads your character has been in and more.

Laraqua, you were playing Cynthia Louise in Gold, Katarina Iliescu in Sword, and Brian Stevenson and Officer Samuel Kensington in Omaha. Dave, you were playing Kathryn McCoy in Gold, Lara Voronova in Sword, and Jimmy Kowalski in Omaha. Cynthia is in Entertaining the Troops and Kathryn just returned to Nerve Center after having been in Investigation. Katarina and Lara are both in Taken. Samuel and Jimmy are both in Survival, and Brian is in Alone Together.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm considering reanimating Zombie Apocalypse again after it has petered out again almost two years ago. Since I'm unlikely to get back many of the old players, if any, this will probably be a complete reboot from the beginning. That should attract more new players, and Raiko has already expressed interest in joining in the event of a restart. It would take some time to set things up again, but right now I'd like to gauge interest and see if anyone else wants to play. I'll need at least four players to make a good start of it, preferably more. You will be able to play multiple characters, and it's recommended due to the high mortality rate in this game. There will be a cast of dozens from which to choose. This is not the Cthulhu Mythos, but it does have its own similar mythology behind it. It's also survival horror rather than investigative horror, though there may be some investigation too. I'll be using 6th edition rules.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m on. :D
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Dave! Now we have two interested players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

So, not a hoard horde! (Dang homophones and tatrian expressions.)
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Not yet, but I'm hoping more show interest. There may be some more players showing up from Yog-Sothoth.com soon, as they indicated interest in play by post, and I shared the link to this site with them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

If you're restarting, then perhaps make another post in the new games thread as well?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Good idea. I've done that here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death