Titanic Horror Anyone?

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Titanic Horror Anyone?

Post by Supercape »

Titanic Horror is needing a player!

Its just started, and, unfortunately, a new player who signed up has gone AWOL.

We are going to press on with the two existing PCs. However there is space for a third player. Possibly to play the abandoned character, a mycologist/biologist for the Colony, you could also grab the ships Doctor (who is fairly undefined bar name and one communication). There is potential to add a brand new custom character too, although it might take some work or be a delay in arrival.

The nature of the setting is that new arrivals (PCs) are more than welcome and can reasonably easily be slotted in. Until the position is filled, the offer is open!
Oldfart
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Titanic Horror Anyone?

Post by Oldfart »

Is this live or by email ?

I'd like to do either....but being 'up North' practicalities will probably scupper things.

Appreciate your feedback

Regards

Martin
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Via e mail. Not quite sure what you meant by being "up North?" (unless you live above the Arctic Circle on the Plateau of Leng)....
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Oldfart! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

Play by post works differently. Players post as their characters in the In Character threads wheneve we have the time. The Keeper will post descriptions, the results of our actions, and what the NPCs and monsters say and do. There are online dice rollers we commonly use, such as Invisible Castle or our built-in dice roller. You can look through some of the games on here to get a feel for how it works.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Clammy721
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Clammy721 »

Supercape, I know you had mentioned needing a player for the doctor in the players looking for games thread. Is this the Casper Bloom character? I'd be interested. What do I need to do?
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

It is indeed!

If you could familiarise yourself with the setting reading the OOC Stuff, Background, Equipment. Just a quick read, no need to study. For obvious reasons the setting has some differences to regular 'ol CoC.

It is probably worth reading Chapter 1 so far; again, not study, just a skim. Capser has made one communication so far, and even that was broken up. The character is almost totally undefined.

Then post a draft of Casper in the "OOC Stuff" like the others have done. It may need minor editting but we can do that on the fly as Casper is almost certainly imminently up in the game. Once its workable, I will put it into "Player Characters"

"Rules and Character Creation" is worth reading. The main thing I do for my games (in all systems) is let characters choose their own attributes; my feeling is that people should play who they want to play, and paint how they want to paint*. I trust people not to have "18" in every stat. Having said that, Colonists on Titan will probably be exceptional people so you have reign to be very generous. There are a few skill changes too but nothing major.

*Although I should say wild horses couldn't drag me to a D&D game...

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”