Leagues of Adventure

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Leagues of Adventure

Post by Priest »

Leagues of Adventure is a roleplaying game set in the late Victorian Age. It follows the grand traditions of fiction such as H. G. Wells’ The War of the Worlds, The Island of Doctor Moreau, and The Time Machine, Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan series, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Lost World and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days,Five Weeks in a Balloon, and The Adventures of Captain Hatteras, Rudyard Kipling’s The Man Who Would Be King, and H. Rider Haggard’s King Solomon’s Mines and She—works which laid the foundations for the later pulp and steampunk genres.
In many regards Leagues of Adventure follows the tradition of the pulp genre, albeit set in an earlier era. It is a world where much is happening: viewforum.php?f=286

Pregenerated characters available NOW!!
Big Game Hunter
Hard Working Reporter (Female)
Explorer
Pioneering Aviatrix (Female)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Your Country needs you to answer the call of adventure. Sign up for a one shot scenario to give this Ubiquity system a whirl."
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Leagues of Adventure

Post by Priest »

I still live in hope that more players will see the potential of this system. At the moment I have two confirmed participants who will also be controlling two NPCs. These NPCs are available as player characters just say the word and one is yours.

Strange things are afoot in London Newspaper headlines are full of ghosts, jewel robberies, infestations of vermin, and missing cabbies. Loyal sons and daughters of the Empire are needed.
Roll up, roll up, your Queen and Country need you!
- Anais Nin
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

hey, which are the available NPCs to take on? I'd be interested in taking on the big game hunter, if it's free.

if so give me the weekend to get upto speed and I can start on Monday.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Papa,
The big game hunter is currently under the wing of Dr.Peterson, so give him a shout and see if he will hand him over.
If not there is;
An Explorer,
or a female Aviatrix

Cheers, Priest (Andy)
- Anais Nin
Vinegar Tom
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Vinegar Tom »

Edit - inexplicable confusion between "Professor" and "Explorer"! I of course meant the latter. So can I be the Explorer? As a male player, I'd find it unnecessarily distracting and a bit odd to have to rôle-play being a woman for no reason except that I'm stuck with a pre-generated character. Especially in a time and place like Victorian England where gender mattered quite a lot. She'd just end up gradually turning into a man in drag.
What joy! The leech charmers are here!
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Vinegar Tom wrote:Edit - inexplicable confusion between "Professor" and "Explorer"! I of course meant the latter. So can I be the Explorer? As a male player, I'd find it unnecessarily distracting and a bit odd to have to rôle-play being a woman for no reason except that I'm stuck with a pre-generated character. Especially in a time and place like Victorian England where gender mattered quite a lot. She'd just end up gradually turning into a man in drag.
Welcome aboard. The explorer character, Colonel Otto Von Uberhausen, is all yours. You may join the cast at the King's Head Inn.
- Anais Nin
Vinegar Tom
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Vinegar Tom »

Er... Sorry about this, but I've made a very silly mistake. Since most of the games on this site are CoC and they're grouped by era, I assumed that "Gaslight" was short for "Cthulhu By Gaslight". I thought the opening synopsis was a wee bit light-hearted, but hey, there were rich Victorian eccentrics hunting monsters and all that, so it seemed to fit. It wasn't until I saw the Colonel's stats and wondered why the numbers seemed odd that I realized I'd accidentally signed up for an obscure game I've never even heard of and don't have the faintest idea how to play! So I'm afraid I won't be part of it after all, and Colonel Otto von Thingy is still up for grabs.
What joy! The leech charmers are here!
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Fair enough.
- Anais Nin

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”