Helluland Reboot

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Helluland Reboot

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I am looking to reboot my Dark Ages Cthulhu game called Helluland.

It takes place on the shores of North Eastern Canada in the year 1000 AD when the Viking Longboats first arrive to the new world. The game is mainly about how the native Inuit tribes handle this Viking Invasion and how the mythos of the two peoples become forever intertwined.

All my existing characters will be sent invites but what the game really needs is some new blood. The Vikings have already landed and there are lots of em... You can create your own Viking or take over a pre-made character. The Inuit villages are burning but there are plenty of whale bone clubs lying about. You can create your own Eskimo or take over a pre-made character.

All are welcome... It's all leading up to the final epic conflict... It's Vikings vs. Eskimos... Pick a side!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Helluland Reboot

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd be interested in joining. I missed out on the first run, but I had been reading along.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Garrett »

I would love to play too, but I haven't followed the previous post at all. I'll play on either side.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sweet Handy! I was hoping I'd see your name here!! Give me til the end of the week to get in touch with all the previous players so we can figure out who we have left and see which side needs some new blood.

and Garrett! Welcome to Helluland. I'll contact you late this week or early next week with a list of choices.

Sound Good?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sounds good to me. I probably won't have time until the weekend anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK, now I got most my Eskimos back. Still looking for a small group of Vikings to pillage and call our Eskimos naughty names.

I got Mr. Handy and Garrett.

Any more takers?
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I can play a viking if you'd like.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Viking is good for me too. I was thinking of playing a bard.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Hey handy and Garrett.

Ok we're ready to rock and roll here. I've decided to scrap all the Vikings in the first 5 chapters. They may still pop up but for the most part its a do over. But it works out good cuz the way the story was originally planned was that the Vikings sent 3 ships to Helluland to plunder the native tribes.

The first ship landed and cut a path of destruction through the Eskimo villages ling the shore. The second ship "The Icebreaker" had all of the PCs on it. Their ship had sunk before they reached the shores of Helluland and the survivors (The PCs) were separated and had their own adventures with the local mythos.

Now the third ship "The White Horn" approaches under the command of Sigfurd and spiritual guidance of the witch Vilgerda. The Vikings of the White Horn believe they will be welcomed to a conquered lands are simply bringing supplies and aid the would be conquerors. This however, is not the case.

Handy... You said you would like to play a bard. Each of the ships had a witch on board and that witch had an apprentice bard. You could play that bard. If you would like to make you own character, please follow the instructions in the CHaracter Creation thread or I'll just make him for you. I'll need a name.

Garrett... You can make your character or I'll make yours for you. I'll just need a name. Google Viking names and pick one. We're pretty much ready to go.
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I probably won't do this is handy plays the bard but I was thinking a servant/slave of the witch, someone with a high mythos and occult knowledge. Maybe a little magic and some thief skills, if that doesn't sound like a good fit I'd probably go full blown warrior.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I'll play the apprentice bard. I would like to create my own character, but it may be a little while before I have time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”