Page 1 of 1

Antarctica 1983 - Recruiting

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:37 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Sequel to John CarpenterĀ“s The Thing, Antarctica 1983 takes over. Childs and MacReady are transported off site as four of the staff at Station 10 return to work.

The game system is Call of Cthulhu and tweakable pregens are used. It starts at 22 September

The Obsidian Portal front is here!

The game has been running for 45 minutes in-game. A recap will be provided at the intro-thread, should you not read the full
story at the log.
The forum for the game is open, welcome!

/Dave

Re: Antarctica 1983 - Recruiting

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:06 am
by Laraqua
Well, I'd be interested. I'm also happy to pick up any abandoned characters.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 am
by Dave Syrinx
Shannon, most welcome, you may pick from any of the characters in the cast list not yet taken. Both Janet or Dwayne Harrison are arriving back from vacation. They both need some background and roll-up.

Even the supporting cast can be picked from. I just transfer the character to the cast list. See what you like.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:14 am
by Laraqua
I'll play the biologist, Janet. I like science!

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 pm
by Pickman37
Hi all. I'll be volunteering to try my hand at the character of George Price. Besides my credentials as a Canuck and a smoker, I'm acclimatized to cold weather and bald, treeless plains so Antarctica should not be too much of a problem for me ;) Plus that movie is a classic!

Thanks for having me onboard Syrinx. I look forward to the game and meeting up with everyone else!

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 am
by Dave Syrinx
Welcome to the Great White, Tony!
I cleaned up the portal a bit and feel ready to start the game. A few days to prepare for you guys.
Best of luck!
/Dave

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 am
by MadJaymilton
Syrinx, are you still accepting players or alternates? I'd be interested in playing Carl Evans--goodness knows we need a by-the-book surgeon on hand to be completely unimpressed with everybody's paranoid cries of "monsters."

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 am
by Dave Syrinx
Carl Evans just got casted to MadJaymilton. Congrats to the MD degree!
Welcome onboard!

"Now, just relax, I only need to draw some blood."
eek.gif
eek.gif (16.76 KiB) Viewed 1372 times

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:47 pm
by Dave Syrinx
The forum for the game is open, welcome!