Players wanted for Horror on the Orient Express

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Players wanted for Horror on the Orient Express

Post by G-Returner »

Investigators embark upon the legendary Orient Express to enjoy what they hope will be a romantic and luxurious journey over Europe. But the trip gradually turns into a nightmare, as evil lurks hiding somewhere...

I am looking for players to complete my team so we can resume playing our play by post Horror on the Orient Express campaign. It is an excellent module that will have the players travel all the way across Europe. It has plenty of investigation as well as action and strange set pieces.

We have already started playing, as you can see by visiting the forum here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=130

However we have had a break and we are now ready to continue playing, as long as we can find replacement players to replace the ones who are no longer there.

We have two, maybe three spots available. You may either reprise one of the existing characters (except for Howard and Luigi, who are still around) or roll a new one if you prefer to have your own.

We like to keep a steady pace and we are looking for players who can usually check the forum once a day.

Hopefully somebody will be interested as I am itching to play again :)
Last edited by G-Returner on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Players wanted for Horror on the Orient Express

Post by Howerd Phillips »

Just vouching for the high quality Keeper on this--best I've seen to date. This campaign is also the best I've been on. It may take a bit of work to get up to speed but will be worth it.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Pickman37 »

Hi.
I would be interested in joining the campaign. How much catching up would be required or is the game still in its early stages. I have no problem taking over one of the previously-played characters unless it would be easier to roll up and introduce a new one. Let me know what you think and if you're interested in having me onboard (Lol no pun intended!).
Cheers!
Pickman37
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

Hi,

Thanks for your interest :)

We would be interested in having you, as long as you are able to keep a steady posting rate. I forgot to mention this in the introduction post, but when we were playing we had a rather good pace. Players are normally expected to check the forum at least once a day; exceptions are ok of course but we need to play more or less at the same rhythm to keep it going at a satisfactory pace.

It would actually be easier to take over one of the existing characters, so we don't have to find a way to introduce a new character out of the blue; though I can understand some players prefer creating their characters from scratch so that is why I keep that as a possible option.

There is a little catching up to do but reading all the past threads is not mandatory; I have created a wiki (the address is in a thread on our forum) that summarises all the truly important info. The only thread you would need to read in its entirety would be the chapter we were currently playing before we went on hiatus, since we are going to start over from there.

Cheers
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Pickman37 »

Oops!

Sorry, I don't think I can commit to that pace at this time. In a few months, it will be busy at work so probably better not to join then have to back out in a few months due to RL time issues.

My apologies. That is most unfortunate but thanks for considering me. Good luck in filling the roster and I wish you guys the best. Will check up on the action when I can.

Good luck and have fun!
Pickman37
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

Howerd and Kabukiman, do you perhaps have any friends who would be interested in joining?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Don't know anyone in RL that plays online. Try Mr handy, he is in a lot of game but maybe he would be interested.
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Laine »

I'd possibly interested in joing your game, but I would like to make my own character if at all possible.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm in a lot of games already, but I could join this one. I had been reading along with it when it was running, but I'd rather create my own character too. I don't remember the early parts of the adventure too well, and I certainly don't have time to reread everything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

Hey guys.

Sure, I don't mind if you create your own characters - I agree that playing someone of your own creation is more entertaining, so you can go ahead and submit a character :)

You certainly don't have to reread everything; the episodic nature of this module means that only a few important pieces of information are useful to remember from one city to the next, and all of these are collected on the wiki (here: http://horrorontheorientexpress.wikia.c ... press_Wiki). You should just read said wiki and let me know if something is unclear.

I am also shortly going to write a short summary of all that has happened so far, so that it can easily be read as a chronological story.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I'm not sure if I'll be able to roll up my character tonight, or even during the week, but I should be able to this weekend at the latest. I already have a character concept in mind.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Did you find enough players in this game?
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

Hello Imp,

Sorry - I completely forgot to check back on this thread.

We still have openings, you would be welcome to join if you are still interested.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Yeah sure... do you have any characters already generated, or would I be needing to make someone fresh?
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by G-Returner »

I think we have a player dropping out (Laine, who plays Oya) but it's not 100% sure. Making a new one might be best. But just right now, I am looking for someone to play Oya for a short bit, as she is on her own for the time being and so I can't NPC her.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I'll be all too happy to take her reigns for however long... If Laine comes back, then I'll make a new character so long as you still have the opening.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

I've been dipping in and out of the Venice caper for a bit now, are you still looking for players? I can take up an existing character or roll a new one; I expect a hot-coffee merchant with warm fluffy towels would be much appreciated right now.
Trickquestion
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Trickquestion »

Is this game still accepting players? I've just started up in this forum and this looks like fun. My schedule is clear for the next month so barring something unforeseen I should be able to check in every day. And if it's at all possible, I would like to create my own character.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”