Welcome to Silent Hill

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Welcome to Silent Hill

Post by Laraqua »

If you would like to check it out to see if it's any good, you can look at it here. In the meantime, I've got a couple more slots available.

If anyone would like to drop into sunny Silent Hill, you most certainly can do so. I've even got a few important side characters that are easily picked up if you'd prefer to plug-and-play as a local complete with secret information and possibly the Silent Hill Mythos skill rather than generate your own newbie. Ms. Latham (who was a school teacher under the old principal at Midwich Elementary School who is now the administration assistant, librarian assistant, etc. whose been involved in only a few posts thus far). The author, Walter Desmond, who writes dark fantasy tales in the Clive Barker bent will also be doing a signing there while he's on holidays in Silent Hill and hasn't featured on any threads thus far who's hear to do a book signings at Andy's Bookstore. Principal Ross of Midwich Elementary School whose been involved in a few posts in one thread.

In Foggy Silent Hill, there's also Ash who is a woman mentioned on a few occasions with an interesting past. Or you could play Katie - a 6-year-old girl in search of her mother.

I'm happy to entertain other options for people who want to come into the game.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Welcome to Silent Hill

Post by Raiko »

I wasn't going to participate in any games as a player, but you've tempted me now. I'd be quite interested in playing Katie (at the risk of being traumatised in real-life I suspect!).

I have a big family, so I think I could probably do a good job of playing a six year old. :roll:

I haven't ever played any of the silent hill games though.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Oh! That's awesome. Katie's an interesting one to play, for sure.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Noelle
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by Noelle »

Hey I would like to play let me roll up a character real quick, do you have skype or IM if so message me what it is
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Hey, I don't have IM or Skype, unfortunately. Willing to have another person but you'll need to be someone from Lakeview Hotel (either an employee or someone staying there). The Hotel has a cafe, bar, and diner and sits on Toluca Lake. You may, or may not, choose to be a PVT drug addict (a mild euphoria and hallucinogen drug local to the area).

If you were willing to do a bit of reading, there's the existing characters Rochelle and Ash who are potentially playable. They haven't come up much. Rochelle hasn't been on scene at all, but they're possible.

How much do you know about Silent Hill? Movie? Videogames? Comic book series? It's not essential but it'll give me an idea about what prep you'll need - if any.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's still room for 1 - 2 more 'fresh' characters. Ideally someone with their own motivation, or some twisted scar, that could drag you into Silent Hill.

Alternatively, you could pick up one of the existing characters:

Charles (an arrogant and nasty piece of work whose there with his sister, Lily, for her 21st birthday).
Craig (a badly injured transvestite with his own secrets).

Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Garrett »

Im new here and a bit confused, does this use the CoC roleplay template? Either way I would love to play, my character is a semi-professional thief named Cole. I think he would be very interesting in this roleplay because he is in black/white terms a bad guy. In dnd terms I'd say he is chaotic neutral, but he is instinctively protective of children especially young girls after seeing his sister die when he was twelve; enough so that he would put himself in danger to help one and even endanger his job. He claims he is a drifter just coming through town he has actually been instructed by a mysterious employer to steal a very old book from someone in town; if you have a npc that would be suitable for the target that would be great but it could be an unrelated Mythos book if that would interfere with the plot too much. If his motive in itself would interfere with the plot too much he can just be drifting through town.

P.S. I don't know much about silent hill, just what I read from wikipedia plot summary.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I'd be happy to have him onboard and yes, it does use the Call of Cthulhu rules with a few slight differences in combat rules (you don't pass out until you hit 0 hit points) and healing functions a little quicker if you find the right regenerative substances (health drinks and first aid kits). A Chaotic Neutral thief would work just fine and would make sense why you'd get drawn into that world. Silent Hill is a game where your sins come back to haunt you and where people are often called by their guilt to hurt themselves. I'm cool with the steal-a-book premise. We'll say you've been hired to steal a book from Father Vincent from a rather shadowy employer somewhere in town. You have to steal said book from either the church attached to his house, or his home (you've been furnished with the address on Simmons Street just north of the Antique Green Lion Store), and then drop it off in a special bank vault in Silent Hill Saving Bank. You've been paid $10,000 in advance for this book and will receive $20,000 afterwards. Sounds simple, right?

Simply send me some back history (his greatest sins, fears, guilts, loves), post up a character in the Character Thread, and say hello in the OOC thread, and we can take it from there.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's an opening for another character or two in Silent Hill. I'm quite happy to have either a modern character in Classic Silent Hill (perhaps a historian who finds himself surrounded by the historical side to Silent Hill) or a classic character in modern Silent Hill (a 1920s or even Gaslight character, or whenever really, confused by what's happened to all of the streets). There's a reason why it needs to be a modern meets classic mash up.

I'm also happy to have more modern to modern characters here.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”