Single Player Needed - Beyond the Mountains of Madness

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Single Player Needed - Beyond the Mountains of Madness

Post by Raiko »

EDIT: Laraqua took over Kitt, but no longer has time to play her, so I'm looking for a new player again.

I'm currently seeking one player for my Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign, to take over playing Kitt Knight our beautiful heroine from Shadow.

I hate to do this as Shadow is a good 'online buddy' of mine, but he is very, very busy in real life and hasn't been able to post for months. Kitt is a great character and really deserves to be played as a player character, rather than an NPC.

I've copied Kitt's character sheet below, and I'll provide a synopsis of her story so far to whoever takes her over.
Kitt Knight
Name: Kitt (Katrina) Knight
Sex: F
College, Degrees: n/a
Birthplace: ????, US
Yearly Income & Propriety
$2500

Appearance & Personality
Kitt is a knock out, she would be more so if she let her hair grow out and didn’t ware her fathers WWI fighter jacket everywhere. She stands 5’9”, and has a body to die for. Her brown hair is naturally curly and is set off by her brilliant green eyes. Her right for arm has a couple of long thin scars from a climbing accident.
Kitt is a pilot through and through. Brazen, arrogant, and confident in everything she does. She will be the first person to try something hard just because it is. She doesn’t take lip from anyone nor does she give it to anyone. She is a little guarded about men, having been raised by her father she doesn’t really know how to relate to them as a woman.
Background
Kitt was born Katrina Charlotte Knight. Her mother passed away during child birth, leaving her to be raised by her Aviator Father. John Knight was a pioneer in using Bi-planes for combat in the US army. When the Great War started he left 8 year old Katrina with his sister and went off to make a name for himself. He returned a different man having lost an arm in a duel with the Red Baron. He was a hero though with 35 kills over enemy airspace. Deciding to pass on his legacy and to keep flying he taught his daughter everything he new about aircraft. When she was twenty they moved to Nepal to start a aircraft company together. For the last six years she has been flying in some of the worst weather imaginable. On her off time she hikes the trails and ridges that make up the cold weather country. So much so that she started leading hikes into the mountains.
Characteristics
STR 10
CON 10
SIZ 11
DEX 18
APP 17
INT 14 , Idea 70
POW 18 , Luck 90 SAN 90
EDU 12 , Know 60
Sanity: 90
current Sanity: 90
Phobias/Mental Disorders: None
Hit Points: 11
current Hit Points: 11
Magic Points: 18
current Magic Points: 18
Damage Bonus: +0
Skills: (professional one in italics, .private preceded by a dot; non-base scores bolded)
Accounting (10%):
Aircraft Maintenance (05%): 30%
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Block (DEX x2): 36%
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%): 55%
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
•Dodge (DEX×2): 61%
Drive Auto (20%):
Drive Dog Sled (20%):
Electr. Repair (10%):
Explosives (01%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%): 50%
Locksmith (01%):
•Martial Arts (01%): 41%
Mech. Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Meterology (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%): 61%
Occult (05%):
Opr. Hvy. Mch. (01%):
Other Language (01%):
Own Language (EDU×5%):
•Persuade (15%): 40%
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%): 81%
Polar Survival (01%): 51%
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Radio Operator (01%): 21%
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%): 50%
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):
Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):
Firearms: (Luger 7.65mm Parabellum)
•Handgun (20%): 70%
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

Raiko, this is very tempting.
- if only I didn't own the book!
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'd do it but it'd take me a bit to bring up to speed because, regrettably, I haven't gotten around to following this campaign of yours.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Decrepit »

Somebody needs to take over this character; otherwise, who's Jack Wilson going to pretend not to flirt with? :D
Blue Squid
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Blue Squid »

I would be interested in joining, but im not comfortable with taking over that character. I wanted anyways to state my interest.
gezellig
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by gezellig »

Still looking for a player for Kitt?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Blue Squid wrote: I would be interested in joining, but im not comfortable with taking over that character. I wanted anyways to state my interest.

gezellig wrote: Still looking for a player for Kitt?

Sorry the game is full at the moment, I've got ten players which could turn out to be more than enough.

A place may become available later in the game, but it would mean taking over an existing character (either a PC or NPC), as it will soon be impossible to add new members to the expedition.
gezellig
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by gezellig »

cheers.

I think I'd prefer to jump in close to the start.

Dan
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Re: Single Player Needed - Beyond the Mountains of Madness

Post by Raiko »

I now have a single vacancy again, to play the same character (Kitt, see the first post in this thread).

Laraqua took over from Shadow, but sadly real-life has intervened and she no longer has time to play Kitt.

It may be that poor Kitt is jinxed, but I’ll try this one last time to recruit a new player for her. She’s rather important to the story, as she is the only female member of the expedition (co-led by the chauvinistic and pompous Englishman James Starkweather).

This is actually quite a good time to join in, the expedition has just arrived in Antarctica and flying operations are about to begin. I should be able to provide a quick synopsis of past events to anyone who’s interested.

Be warned: Kitt is involved in a ‘love-triangle’ of sorts involving the PC journalist Jack Wilson, and the NPC doctor Richard Greene. One of the NPC pilots also has a bit of a crush, while most of the other PCs seem to find her a little ‘dizzy.’
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Re: Single Player Needed - Beyond the Mountains of Madness

Post by OathinBlood »

I'm damn intrigued, but I'd need a synopsis and perhaps a nudge in the right with regards to her personality and how she was normally played, unless you don't mind her suddenly developing multiple personality disorder.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”