G.U.E. Tech - seeks students!

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

G.U.E. Tech - seeks students!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Computing Center

The George Underwood Edwards Institute of Technology Computing Center serves all facets of the
University community, both in administrative areas (registration, accounting, student records, etc.)
and in academic areas (support of instruction and research, training in systems use, providing access
to facilities, etc.). The Computing Center's mission is to provide effective, shared computing and
information technology services in support of the academic mission of G.U.E. Tech.

New students check in to fill out the correct forms to begin their career in the footsteps of
George Underwood Edwards.

PM to admission board:
Press Me!

Game threads: South bank of the Miskatonic
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: G.U.E. Tech - seeks students!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

It's a dark and stormy night. The wind howls around the monolithic buildings of G.U.E. Tech, sending the heavy snow into blinding swirls. In the Computer Center, along with a couple of other students you huddle over a terminal, struggling to complete your assignments.

A couple of days before the term papers are due, new students arrive to live at G.U.E. Tech.
UNIVERSITY TRADITIONS

Lock Day . In a bizarre twist on Caltech’s Ditch Day, seniors leave school, after locking the cafeteria doors
with intricate electronic equipment. Underclassmen must undo the electronic puzzles before they can eat.

Slug Stomping . Watch for the first slugs of the year and step on them.

Founder’s Day .
One night during the last week of spring term, the huge bronze statue of George Underwood
Edwards mysteriously disappears from its pedestal and shows up the next day in some totally offbeat spot. A
certain rowdy fraternity is rumored to spend the entire year planning this prank.

Final Scream . At a designated time during Final Exam week, everyone screams in unison.

Pigeon Day .
The President rings a bell at 6 a.m. one spring morning and puts a statue of a giant pigeon on
the lawn. No classes for the day; free food at night.

Streamer Day . Take all the toilet paper rolls from the bathrooms and throw them out of the dorm windows.

SOME G.U.E. TECH JARGON:
frob. (noun) A thing. Useful when you have two .unspecified objects. on hand. .Stick that frob on the thing
over there..

tool. (noun) A nerd. Someone who studies all the time, never taking time for a social life. (verb) To study.
.I’m tooling tonight..

hack. (noun) A prank. .Painting the Dean’s house pink was a great hack!. (verb) To commit a prank. .We
hacked the Dean’s house..

-p. (suffix) Adding the -p suffix to a word makes it a question. A derivative of the LISP computer language,
where .p. indicates predicate (e.g., .greaterp x y,. meaning .is x greater than y?.). Most commonly heard among
tools majoring in Computer Science. .Foodp?. (pronounced .food-pee.) means .Are you hungry?.

grease. (noun) Student politician. (verb) To pass a course without working on it. .I greased Thermodynamics..

rug rat (or rat). (noun) Freshman. Presumably derives from the use of this term as a synonym for child.

urchin. (noun) A local child or teenager who hangs around campus and often causes object of value to
mysteriously disappear.

curdle. (verb) To astonish, usually with a connotation of the surprise being unpleasant. .I was really curdled
when I saw my final grades..

flip. (verb) To kill time by some essentially boring means, such as playing .Hearts.. May derive from flipping
bottle caps, or perhaps baseball cards. .I spent last night flipping..

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by masonstone »

you still takin posters?
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yes, I´m waiting for all the applications to come through and the game will begin on Monday 12.
I´ll start a thread for Mason. (I´m cutting your user name short as I use Stone for the other Mason Stone on this forum.)
Good to hear you´re back from the car incident. Everything working for you?
TVblog

masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by masonstone »

:) thanks, and Mason works fine anyway ;) as for me, well I'm better than I was, and I should be officially recovered in early september, so no time off college which is a good thing. I'll never be a rugby player, but that's not too much of a change and the college I'm off to has excellent facilities for more challenged students so I'll hopefully be able to go back to normal sometime in the future.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”