Masks of Narylathotep / Dark Heresy

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Masks of Narylathotep / Dark Heresy

Post by Airbornexo »

[UPDATE - 07/01/10 We are currently full but PM me if you are interested and I can add you to the list]
Hi everyone,

Our little play-by-post forum game is approaching the end of it prequel phase and the campaign proper will soon begin. I currently have five players but am always in the market to expand the group. After a long hiatus the game is back in full swing (I love my new computer). Here is a bit of preamble for the new campaign (which is based heavily on the most famous Call of Cthulhu adventure - the Masks of Nyarlathotep)

Perilous Adventures to Thwart the Dark God

"Then came too late the warning of the evil ones, the sardonic caution of the daemon legate who had bidden the seeker beware the madness of that song. Only to taunt had Tzeentch marked out the way to safety and the marbellous sunset city; only to mock had that black messenger revealed the secret of these truant dark gods whose steps he could so easily lead back at will. For madness and the void's wild vengeance are Tzeentch's only gifts to the presumptuous...

"...go out among men and find the ways thereof, that He in the Gulf may know. To Tzeentch, Mighty Changer of ways, must all things be told. And he shall put on the semblance of me, the waxen mask and the robe that hides, and come down from the world of seven suns to mock..."

-- after H. P. Lovecraft

A Campaign for Dark Heresy based on the Classic Call of Cthulhu campaign

When a rich noble playboy met the captivating offworld woman, he took a turn for the worse. Every morning he related strange recurring dreams full of Alien symbols and mystic beckonings. Though never before interested in Zakhara's history or archaeology, he suddenly organized an archaeological expedition to that ancient planet. His friends were puzzled, and the newsfeed gossip columns were fascinated. No one ever imagined that the expedition would meet such a terrible fate a few months later....

Settings include Solomon, Cantus, Zakhara,, Dreath and other worlds of the Markyn Marches; puzzling clues are discovered in each locale, but can the hapless acolytes survive long enough to make sense of them? Background notes and a variety of play aids help keep players and their acolytes on their toes during dozens of discrete adventures. Horrifying schemes, deadly adversaries, and sanity-threatening events challenge the coolest members of the Holy Inquisition as the team attempts to unravel the fate of the missing Expedition.

You can read the ongoing prequel chapters here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php and if you are interested in joining the game and can post fairly regularly then please get in touch with me replying here or sending me (airbornexo) a PM.

Cheers, Hal
Last edited by Airbornexo on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of Tears
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Re: Masks of Narylathotep / Dark Heresy

Post by Jack of Tears »

So, this is something different from our other game? If so I would be interested ... I've got another character I've been itching to play if he'll fit in - a scum gunslinger. At any rate, you already know my playstyle and such, so get ahold of me and let me know what the plan is.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

You are playing through the prequel chapter at the moment to see if this was viable as a system for pbp, which it seems to be.

Cheers, Hal
Ceremony
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by Ceremony »

Hello. I will play.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”