Game discontinued! Grant Bishop, NYPD - suspended

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Game discontinued! Grant Bishop, NYPD - suspended

Post by Dave Syrinx »

This game ends at Sunday, 18 January, 2009!

13:15

Bishop drives the midnight blue Chrysler 300 down the ramp to the sub-level parking garage. W37th Street sees him take the turn a bit too fast. The tires screech as he puts pressure on the brakes. Public disturbance, the All Points Bulletin had stated. He smiles and shifts to second gear and speeds up to the triple sets of elevators. A surveillance camera turns it´s attention in his direction. A young man sitting on a beat guitar case looks stunned at the blue car. Engine running, Bishop exits the car, gun already out of the holster. "NYPD, clear the area!", he yells at the agape man. In a lower voice he reports, "Grant Bishop, badge # 167445 at W37th Street Broadway. Sub level three. Responding!"

The scene is Manhattan

The year is 2007, a week after new years eve

The Dreaming Man - Pre-game-phase by: PM
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Squashua
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Grant Bishop, NYPD - suspended

Post by Squashua »

I'll sign up. First one here I've done, so let me know what you need from me.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi there, Squashua!

The scenario borrows its background from a Delta Green Case File.
The team currently assigned is not Delta Green. I´m using an organization called FARSEC.

The following info goes for any new player entering the Manhattan WalMart...
What I need from you is a character who might be at the WalMart at 13:00. W37th Street.
Maybe; a security guard, an employee at WalMart or anyone who might be shopping at the store.
You could even roll up DEA liaison Grant Bishop´s sheet!

How you do this is either by Byakhee character generator or by hand according to CoC rules.

You may use physical dice or virtual ones at The Invisible Castle
Make sure you fill in the box at the bottom to tell me what the rolls are for. kj
Mark the character with [TDM] for The Dreaming Man
If you have a name for your character put it after the [TDM]. Otherwise use your nickname.

Send me your INTEL via PM, please.
Join PM
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by yellowsigh »

From what I've read previously I'm intrigued. I'm also aware that my time might be very stretched quite soon. I'm happy to play either a security guard or a nervous street punk who might caught 'in the line of fire' early... :-)

Will create a character by hand when I get the chance.
. . .y o u ' r e i n s y l u m t o r e m e m b e r . . .
• Mood Music •
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hey there, Yellowsigh!

At the moment there´s a problem by the jewelery department. A security guard is about ten seconds from reaching the trench coated Hispanic gang. There´s also a guard by the south entry getting customers out of harms way.
I´ve got a suggestion for a position as a cash guard / surveillance guard at sub-level three.
A rival gangmember to the Mara Salvatrucha.
You could go with any character you´d like really. Roll it up and send it by PM, then I´ll start a thread for you. In a few updates all threads will be in-sync. Now there´s a few minutes discrepancy between the threads.

So, decide what you prefer, and pinch me!

/dave
TVblog

yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Only just noticed this, and I'm at work, so I won't be able to sort anything out for about ten hours. Will go for the guard at the south entry, in case I have any delay (and aren't ready to jump straight into action).
• Mood Music •
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sure thing, he´s about to send an FBI agent up to the tenth floor. (PC played by Mr Handy)
In regard of creating the character he´s a siz 17 and con 17 so that´s by default. The rest you need to roll up!
Use common sense or the Byakhee creator for this. ;) Better play a character that you´re pleased with than something you´re forced to stuck with.
Hmm, can you live with the first name: Jack?
I´ll hand you some background from the store then you can work on the personal bg for him.

Over and out!

/Dave
TVblog

yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Jack is fine. I'm already playing a Jack and a Jacob elsewhere - it's almost a habit now!
• Mood Music •
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Guess what I forgot to do last night. Doh!
• Mood Music •
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

No worries, just get in and we´ll take it from there! And I guess you have some Insylum-time to consider too. Setting up a scenario takes a few hours...
TVblog

yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Yep. Although Insylum will hopefully be more vague and dream-paced. I've not got any one direction I want to rush anyone along.

I'm thinking I'm going to give to put your game a miss, for a while at least - we're moving house at the end of the month, which will probably be five or six days off-line. I should be able to play after after that, but then around January/February will be taking a longer break (to account for a new baby). Sorry if that screws up anything.
• Mood Music •
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That´s OK, we can always make another character, should Jack get hurt or something... Have a smooth move!
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

The Dreaming Man - Welome!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

[TDM]
My modern era game, New York, The Dreaming Man, needs a few guest appearances. This will be quick visits by players who might not have time to play for the long haul.
(Here I bow to those who do, thanks for staying guys!)
Should you find the game playable it´s possible to stay.

See the game as a CSI or The Unit episode - with some weird additions. Peculiar and strange might describe it better.

Currently there´s a gig in the spectacular Club Apocalypse. Where you can check in but not always leave - neither sane nor alive. There´s also an ongoing Internal Affairs Investigation in New York on a series of disappearances of federal agents. A few hours ago an alert came to all officers at IABNY to head to Madison Square Park.

The player status right now is five player characters and one keeper. Four players are in visible mode while one is in STEALTH mode.

Any takers on trying out a night at Club Apocalypse or joining the Internal Affairs? There might be other avenues to get in to the game. PM me for details.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´ve got a few spots where players have resigned from starting playing. We have 8-9 active players and need at least one more!

I´m looking for a player who´d like to play officer Grant Bishop. He´s suspended for alleged vigilante behaviour. Certain underground elements have been eliminated and Bishop has been close to the crime sites. He´s currently in Los Angeles with an FBI operative, Kathryn Peteresen. They are looking into a drug distribution case of a drug that changes the perception of subject as well as bystanders.

There are openings for other players to create new characters too. Fire station 44 is on call to a club Apocalypse.

The game threads are: Here!

Welcome!
EDIT: The Game is shutting down on Sunday, January 18th, 2009.
TVblog

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”