Arise from the grave, H Cell!

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Arise from the grave, H Cell!

Post by rylehNC »

We need one more cell member, I will try to start up a more exciting scenario then the one we tried.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

Possibly two members.

Hell, just post some characters.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

I fancy joining your game (I mostly play/gm Shadowrun so I think I might enjoy Delta Green even more than “standard” CoC).

I don’t own Delta Green though, so I’d need a little help with character gen.
Squashua
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Squashua »

Per your request, the following questions arise:

1 - I am not going to read anything that happened earlier; I'm coming in COLD.

2 - What type of occupation would be easiest for you to incorporate; and if you prefer DG Agents / Friendlies / Mundanes as characters.

3 - I would prefer to not use a pre-played character, but I have no problem handling a pre-existing NPC as long as you can point out the relevant posts where the NPC has previously been encountered so I can be consistent with his/her reactions.

4 - What should I read to get an idea of who is currently playing and how many players are there at this time without ruining the prior information that isn't character-privvy? I've not really read much on this forum.

5 - Am I coming in mid-adventure or at the start of a new session?

6 - What should I publicize regarding my character and what should I keep private GM/Player knowledge?

7 - Do I need to roll up attributes and skills or do you assign all of that based on player-provided occupation and background? If I have to create it, what is the skills set available to me?

Obviously, this is a Delta Green mission, so likely the powers that be will request only those who are necessary for the mission to a night at the opera. Therefore, I'd like to think I'd be at least somewhat appropriate, or if that's not applicable, slightly seasoned.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

Squashua wrote: Per your request, the following questions arise:

1 - I am not going to read anything that happened earlier; I'm coming in COLD.

That's fine. If the majority prefers I will start a new adventure.
2 - What type of occupation would be easiest for you to incorporate; and if you prefer DG Agents / Friendlies / Mundanes as characters.

3 - I would prefer to not use a pre-played character, but I have no problem handling a pre-existing NPC as long as you can point out the relevant posts where the NPC has previously been encountered so I can be consistent with his/her reactions.

Make whatever you like, as long as they are in the federal government.
4 - What should I read to get an idea of who is currently playing and how many players are there at this time without ruining the prior information that isn't character-privvy? I've not really read much on this forum.

5 - Am I coming in mid-adventure or at the start of a new session?

You can read anything you like. See the answer to 1.
6 - What should I publicize regarding my character and what should I keep private GM/Player knowledge?

7 - Do I need to roll up attributes and skills or do you assign all of that based on player-provided occupation and background? If I have to create it, what is the skills set available to me?

Obviously, this is a Delta Green mission, so likely the powers that be will request only those who are necessary for the mission to a night at the opera. Therefore, I'd like to think I'd be at least somewhat appropriate, or if that's not applicable, slightly seasoned.

See 2-3. Experienced characters are fine.
Squashua
Layman
Layman

Post by Squashua »

What Cells are available if my character is to be a pre-created DG Agent. Or would you prefer a Friendly or someone recently promoted? I just want to make sure I'm coordinated. Should the character have some sort of relation to a pre-existing character? If so, whom do you recommend? I want to make the transition as simple as possible.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Never played DG - tempted, very tempted :) but know nothing about US agencies, etc.

Wasn't there a UK version - PISCIES rings a bell?

Good luck.... I'll follow closely

Lee
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

Squashua wrote: What Cells are available if my character is to be a pre-created DG Agent. Or would you prefer a Friendly or someone recently promoted? I just want to make sure I'm coordinated. Should the character have some sort of relation to a pre-existing character? If so, whom do you recommend? I want to make the transition as simple as possible.

H Cell. No need to have a connection; one will be forged.
Squashua
Layman
Layman

Post by Squashua »

So this would be a new assignee to H-Cell? That would mean new DG member, yes? I'll work on a background this weekend.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

No, if you want someone experienced that will save the awkward introduction to sanity-blasting horror very nicely.
Squashua
Layman
Layman

Post by Squashua »

I'm going to write up a slight experienced character but as a new assignee to DG; so essentially this will be a "you are being assigned to H Cell, good luck, newb!" character.
Watchman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Watchman »

Great to see interest in this game! For the couple of monthes that it was going it was a blast, if there is room I would love for Hal to stay involved.

Watchman
Squashua wrote: I'm going to write up a slight experienced character but as a new assignee to DG; so essentially this will be a "you are being assigned to H Cell, good luck, newb!" character.
The_Unmimeable
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by The_Unmimeable »

Greetings.

If there is perhaps any extra space, I would be intruiged to role-play a character for this scenario. Now, since I do not own the central books containing all necessary material pertaining to Delta Green, I am mostly unfamiliar with this territory. Combined with my relatives infancy to this board and concequently this particular game, I am in a difficult position. Could the game keeper please guide me on the path of properly forming a character, as well as what I must need to know in order to properly play this, if there is still room? Such assistance will be greatly appreciated.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

A character employed by the federal government is the only real requirement. If the character has already had some paranormal experience, that would be good as well.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

Other question; do we continue the stalled mission or try something new? I'll put it up to the group, though my preference is to begin anew (I won't hold the group decision against the cell either way).
Watchman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Watchman »

rylehNC wrote: Other question; do we continue the stalled mission or try something new? I'll put it up to the group, though my preference is to begin anew (I won't hold the group decision against the cell either way).

When I run My CoC adventures in real life the players understand that it is not a democracy (ie the keeper has the final say, but if you have an idea please try to convince me).

So I guess the long and the short of it is I vote to try something new, as per your wishes.

Watchman
SJ
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by SJ »

Still need players ? If so id be happy to join, ive been looking to play some DG for a long time.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

Please feel free to post a character.

With the potential of four agents, I do want to start something anew.
rylehNC
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by rylehNC »

watchman, welsh, are you OK with the new cell member?
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

Actually, I think the more players the better. If we had both DG agents and DG friendlies active- I think we're fine. We have to consider that some players will drop out over time- either be killed off or just leave, so better to have enough players to keep us moving forward.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”