A Weekend in the Country

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

A Weekend in the Country

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Hey all I am still looking for a few good men and women to come play A Weekend in the Country. We are just getting started and there is plenty of characters to choose from. Don't like one of those? I can make others or if you have a character from an old Call of Cithulhu game that never made it ask me and I may let you bring them in also.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Re: A Weekend in the Country

Hi. I am still looking for players for A Weekend In the Country. We are just starting Chapter 3 and and there are 7 PC's still open. Plus I am bringing in 6 or 7 other ones in the next chapter around August 1 so we will have plenty of characters.
FatherUltor
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by FatherUltor »

Can you tell me more about your game? I do not see it listed.

thx
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

This is the invite that the characters got to entice them to come to the mansion for the weekend.

Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs, Ladies and Gentlemen:

Most of you do not know me. I am SS-Sturmbanfuhrer Hans Kaufmann. I invite you to my country estate to discuss a matter of grave importance to our beloved Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler. The reasons you are all invited are that you are all descended from a group of German nobles who in 1636 stumbled upon a vast treasure which was then hidden by the group. The group declared that the treasure would remain untouched until 1936 at which time their families would gather at the estate and divide the treasure among themselves. However the estate was owned by an old woman who your ancestors had declared a witch and executed in order to justify seizing the treasure and estate.

In 1933, my late brother Dr. Paul Kaufmann brought the old estate and modernized it. He moved my sister in law and nephew into the estate and began to look for the treasure in an effort to steal it and donate it to our glorious NSDAP. However it appears that instead of finding the treasure he stumbled upon something else but was killed before he could tell me what it was. My boss SS-Reichsfuhrer Henrich Himmler is very interested in this case and has insisted that I invite you to spend the weekend at the estate and on Sunday evening he will personally come to divide out the treasure among you all. Please pack for a 3 day weekend and show up promptly at 7PM on Thursday October 18, 1936.

Yours,
SS-Sturmbanfuhrer Hans Kaufmann

Since then, most of Thursday night has passed although it is the middle of the night. A few of the characters found a passageway but before they could get very far they were attacked by three dog like creatures. Meanwhile two other characters were busy exploring the nearby graveyard when three creatures attacked them. One of them was killed but the other one managed to kill one of the creatures and get back inside.

Now the characters face a choice. Either go in a group to explore the passageway or stay in the mansion and awaight the 7 German soliders called for by the General who should arrive sometime early Friday morning. Either way there will be more combat of course :twisted:
FatherUltor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FatherUltor »

Sounds fun! If I wanted to make my own character up what steps do I need to do?

thx
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Do you have the Call of Cithu 6th edition book? if so follow the steps in creating your character. if not let me know and I will post on the steps needed.
Since you are making your character if he is a solider I can bring him in at the beginning of Chapter 4 but that will not be until late July at the least. So if you want to make a common citizien if you can come up with a plausible reason why you are coming onto the estate at 1:30 in the AM? maybe you were one of the invitees and had car trouble? I will be nice and not have the other two beasts attack you on the way in. :twisted:
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Hey,
FatherUlto do you have the book? I can list steps but there is alot of infomation so I cannot do it until this weekend at the earlierst when I have some time to sit down in front of the computer for a few hours! Please let me know.
FatherUltor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FatherUltor »

Hello

I have the 6th edition rules, Keeper Companions I & II and just got the new BRP rule book! Do you want me to just make a character, using the Pen & Paper rules, and post them on the forum? I can do that real easy....for I run a CoC group of 6-16 players and had made many charaters in the process of being the Keeper.

thx
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Hi,
Please use the rule layout for creating your infestigator on page 36-37 of the 6th edition of Call of Cthulhu. Again if you choose to be a solider I can enter you in most likly late July but if any other profession I can enter you in now. Once your character has been made please PM it to me and we will discuss background and secrets.
FatherUltor
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FatherUltor »

8-) Will do...
JonHook
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by JonHook »

Hi.

If you still have room for another player, I'd like to play.

I do not have 6th ed rules. I have 5th, is that close enough? I'm not sure what changed from 5th to 6th. I also have the 2nd Investigator's Companion, so there are many more occupations and skills available there.

Thanks,
Jon
-Jon
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

I still have room to play. At the game site i have some characters that have not been taken yet. You could go over there and look and see if any catch your fancy. Let me know.
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

I'd like very much to play if you have any open spots. I have the 5.6 Rules. Is there any character that is in need of a player more than others, as I have no preference to who I play.
Muad Dib
Layman
Layman

Post by Muad Dib »

I'm in if there is any spots available for the next chapter in August.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Maud and reclaimer: There will be 5 soldier characters who are joining in the next chapter. There are currently 4 or 5 characters still able to be played now.
You can go check out the character thread under my game to see if you like anyone. You may also make a character if you know how to using the rules and talk to me about it. But that character will not start until Chapter 4 as it is the middle of the night in the game now.
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

The Father looks like an interesting play, so I'd like to take him.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

the Father Uriel is a taken character unfortunatly. I need to post that I guess.
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

Then let's try Niklas Gerste. Though my search hasn't shed any light on what his current situation is.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Niklas is in the study with the group that is exploring the secret passage or will be soon. They have found a weapons room and a study and soon they will be going downstairs to continue exploring. I will be sending you the secrets now. Thanks for playing hope you enjoy! :)
Muad Dib
Layman
Layman

Post by Muad Dib »

Mr Zombie killer wrote:Maud and reclaimer: There will be 5 soldier characters who are joining in the next chapter. There are currently 4 or 5 characters still able to be played now.
You can go check out the character thread under my game to see if you like anyone. You may also make a character if you know how to using the rules and talk to me about it. But that character will not start until Chapter 4 as it is the middle of the night in the game now.

I Will be away for a week so I can take a soldier position for the next chapter or I can create my own character while I'm away. If so does the character need to be a soldier? Let me know and I can create a character to fit in your story line.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”