Page 1 of 1

Chapter 3 Zombie Apoc

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 am
by welsh
So you've missed the first two nail biting chapters of zombie apocalypse. Well don't miss out on Chapter 3. Its here and its up and running.

Re: Chapter 3 Zombie Apoc

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
There are three brand spanking new characters available in the Over section of Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 3. This is a good opportunity for new players to jump into the game, as you can take one of these characters with no prior knowledge of the story necessary whatsoever. New players will have priority, but the characters are first come, first served. After one week, if any are still unclaimed I'll open them up to existing players.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:01 am
by John Gaunt
I'd love to jump in! Where/how do I start?

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Great, welcome aboard! The forum for Zombie Apocalypse is here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=90

You'll want to look at the Character Sheets thread near the top to see which characters are still available and their character sheets. All characters are pregenerated. Players are encouraged to take multiple characters because the game is lethal and characters do die often. You may play up to three characters, or four if you really want to. To jump right in, you can take one of the two available new characters to start with. They are Jack Montrose and his daughter Lauren (both in the Over section). Jack's wife Emily Montrose is already being played by someone else. After that, you can also choose characters who were added at the beginning of Chapter 3. You'll have some catching up to do, but not as much as for the characters from the first two chapters (there are links to these chapters, which are good but very long, in The Story So Far...).

You can look at the locations and weapons thread above the character sheets thread to see where the characters are and what they currently have. The locations list also has a thread history for each character so you can see which threads you'll need to read in order to catch up. For Jack or Lauren, you'd only need to read Middle of Nowhere. The others have more reading.

Once you've chosen one or more characters, you should let me know and I'll send you their secrets. Jack and Lauren are the only characters available in Over (other than two characters in the helicopter who won't have much to do but talk for a while), and only characters from Chapter 1 are available in Under, but there are still several up for grabs in Through. They are:
2nd Lt. Rebecca Doolittle
Airman Brian Kincaid
Senior Airman Roger Coltrane (abandoned by his player)
Airman Thomas Cole
Airman Greg Applebee (also abandoned)
Amanda Deeds
Lisa Crow
Lewie Newton (abandoned)
Ernest Granger (abandoned)

You should also look over the Rules and Guidelines thread when you have time.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:52 am
by thewordwasaphex
I feel obliged to take on Kincaid, as he shares a surname with a starfighter pilot in the book I'm writing! :D

I can start tomorrow (i.e. saturday) nite.

All good?

Aphex

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:03 am
by Mr. Handy
Sounds good to me! You can play more than one character if you like, so if you see any others you want to play, just let me know. I'll send you Kincaid's secrets tonight and tell you which threads you need to read in order to catch up. Kincaid's story starts with Unhappy Landings, continues in Iroquois Down, and then moves to The Siege (his current thread). Once you're ready, you can post in character in The Siege. Welcome aboard!

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:10 am
by thewordwasaphex
I'll stick with one for now. CoC newbie! ;)
Been RP'ing for a very long time though. It's all good.

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
There's a brand new character being added to Zombie Apocalypse: Kyle Perkins, the grown son of farmers Lloyd and Betty Perkins. His mother turned into a zombie and killed his father, turning him into one too - but poor Kyle doesn't quite get it yet. Now he's trapped in the attic of his own farmhouse with zombies below, but he's met some new friends who might help him out of this mess. If someone wants to join Zombie Apocalypse before Chapter 4 starts, this would be a good time, as there's very little reading to do to catch up on Kyle's story, and you can always add more characters when Chapter 4 starts. However, this is first come, first served. Whoever requests him first gets to play him.

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 pm
by yellowsigh
You know what? I think I might just jump in at the deep end and take Kyle, if that's okay?

I seem to have had a lot more spare time than I thought I'd have; the work I've been planning to do has been scuppered slightly by a website not being as responsive as I'd like.

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome aboard, and no problem! You've got Kyle now. You should read Middle of Nowhere from page 27 to the end, and then follow the link there to page 5 of Reunion. I'll also send you his secrets in a little while. Once you've read them and caught up, you can start posting for Kyle as soon as I update Reunion tonight. Have fun!

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:13 am
by yellowsigh
Right, I'm all up to date with the action. I'll wait for the Update before I introduce myself to the other players on the thread. And will try to resist quoting The Stand once we get going again.

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Chapter 4 is going to start in around a week or so, and 50 new pregenerated characters have been posted. New players are welcome to join, and no prior reading is required if you choose new characters. See the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse for more details.

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:17 am
by Mr. Handy
After last night's meteor shower, the world that everyone has woken up to today has been drastically altered. Many people appear to have been infected with something that has rendered them aggressive, cannibalistic, and extremely hard to kill. Not only that, but those they bite become just like them. Their numbers grow with each death, and in less than a day the major cities of the world have been all but overrun. The police can't stop them. Even the military has been soundly thrashed, and internal division has left it in disarray. Chaos reigns everywhere. There have been sightings of other bizarre creatures as well, and people are starting to go mad under the strain. Some people have survived, but where can they go and what can they do?

Dozens of survivors have holed up in a high school in Omaha's inner city that is now under siege by the mindless hordes, a school in which the CDC has set up its Crisis Response Center. A helicopter carrying scientists and vital data is finally about to arrive after much delay in a desperate last ditch effort to save what's left of the human race, but will they complete their mission in time?

Meanwhile, others cling to life in western Nebraska. Remnants from U.S. Air Force units and a handful of civilians struggle to flee to the relative safety of Warren AFB, but first they must get past a city crawling with the risen dead. And if they do, will they be able to gain entry to the base?-And even if they accomplish that, is the base any safer than the outside? One woman, separated from the others and suffering from severe exhaustion and a broken leg, is being pursued by something horrible. The only way to escape it is through a very dangerous place where she risks death - or worse. Another group of survivors heads west in a pickup truck, having narrowly survived unspeakable horror that has claimed so many others, and still other survivors try to hold out in a convenience store.

The day which will become known as Z-Day has seemed endless, but it will not go on forever. The sun is getting lower as afternoon moves toward evening, and when the sun goes down the danger will be ever greater. Will anyone survive to see the next morning? Will YOU?

If you think you have what it takes to survive, join Zombie Apocalypse as it enters its thrilling fourth chapter: The Longest Day. Choose one or more of over 70 characters, each with their own strengths, weaknesses, and secrets. Brute force will not stop the masses of zombies. You will need to use your brain to stay alive - or the zombies will eat it. And there are worse things than zombies out there. Some of them are human - and some of them are not.

Zombie Apocalypse has been going strong for over two and a half years now. New players are welcome. Characters are available on a first come, first served basis, so act quickly before the selection dwindles. No prior knowledge of the first three chapters is necessary, as the vast majority of the characters were newly introduced in Chapter 4. Click here for more information.

Re: Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:09 am
by Tabs
Mr Handy, I wanna play but admit to being a newbie to pbp. My prevoius RPG experience was 20 yrs ago, I still possess my CoC 3rd Ed. rulebook!
Can I take on: Keith Stewart, Heather Anderson, Miguel Garcia and Roy McCrumb?

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome, Tabs! Don't worry about being new to pbp. Many of our players have been, and I was new to it myself when it started back in mid-2006. Your rulebook will still be good, as most things remain unchanged. Many of our players don't even have the rulebook, and I didn't have it myself until May. The start of Chapter 4 will be tutorial-like to help players learn how the game is played.

You can choose up to four characters, but keep in mind that this will mean a greater time commitment to play all of them. Also, you should choose characters from different subgroups, not just students. See the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse for more details, and post your final selections there. Additionally, I would prefer that you not play both Keith Stewart and Miguel Garcia. You should choose which of the two you would prefer to play. You can choose a different character to replace the other one. I recommend that you pick two of the students you've listed, one member of the faculty or staff, and one character from the Others group. If you really want to, you can play three students and one character from one of the other subgroups, as there are still plenty of students available for other players.

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:30 pm
by Tabs
Noted! in that case: Keith Stewart and Rachel Cohen. P.S. I've also posted their names to Character Selection and Discussion.

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:53 pm
by Wayno
Hi, would really like to join, but only want 1 character, this cool?

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, that's cool! Welcome aboard! Some of our players only have one character...though some of those only have one character left... :twisted:

You should read through the Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 4 subforum and pick out a character you like who isn't already being played by someone else. If you haven't read the first three chapters you should stick to the ones added in Chapter 4, which is the vast majority of them. Then post your selection in the Character Selection and Discussion thread in the main forum, and I'll send you your character's secrets. Once you have those, you can start posting in your character's thread. You should also look through the Rules and Guidelines thread.

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:32 am
by Tangerine
I am really tempted to hoard weapons, ammunition, food, water, first aid.. All that it into one heavily fortified small area all by myself. :twisted:

Ride it out like a paranoid schizophrenic/professional conspiracy theorist (a la Mel Gibson)! :lol:

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
There are people who are doing just that. They might not survive either. Being alone during a zombie apocalypse is a very bad thing. It takes teamwork to survive. Humans need to sleep, and zombies don't.

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 pm
by Tangerine
Rats. Not even a caffeine IV drip? :P

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy
There are plenty of characters still available, and since the chapter just started a couple of weeks ago, there isn't much catching up to do. In addition, I'm adding six new characters to the Sword section who require no prior knowledge or catching up to play. They're in a desperate situation and playing them will be challenging. Their IC thread will probably get started in about a week or so. See the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse for more details.

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm going to be adding nine new characters to the Gold section of Zombie Apocalypse in the next week or two: medical staff at Warren Air Force Base, including doctors, nurses, and orderlies. No prior reading is required to play them, and their character sheets have already been posted. Details are in the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse. This is likely to be the last batch of characters added for a while. The number of characters is getting quite high. Gotta do something about that soon... :twisted:

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:17 pm
by El_Anatomista
Right. I wanna play in this game if you got a spot for me i would love to join.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:19 pm
by El_Anatomista
Right. I wanna play in this game if you got a spot for me i would love to join.
PM me or something :)

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 am
by kabukiman
Don't want to be a snob, but shouldn't this thread be called "Chapter 4 Zombie Apocalypse? 8-)

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, there's plenty of room and you'd be welcome to join! Here are instructions I gave to another player who joined recently: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 041#p70041 - they are a bit out of date, so check the Character Selection and Discussion thread for more up-to-date information.

I'd have to edit the original post's title to make it say Chapter 4. I could, but Welsh posted the thread originally and I don't really want to edit his post without permission.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:29 pm
by Scooby
Yeah Count me in Mr Handy..!! Soundz good.. !

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:31 pm
by Scooby
Yeah Count me in Mr Handy..!! Soundz good.. !

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome aboard! This game has pre-generated characters only (at least for now). There are more details and instructions for new players on that link in the post I made above that will let you know how to choose them. Your best bet is to pick one of the eight characters in the Gold section that were added recently. There were nine, but Major MacPherson just met an untimely end. :cry: You can choose multiple characters, and you're encouraged to do so due to the highly lethal nature of this game, but you can only take one from Gold. The other sections have more characters, but more catching up as well. In Sword, Raquel Orozco and Lara Voronova are still available, but they're in a very dangerous and dark situation right now. In Juno, you could pick Ho Nguyen or Richard Saxon. There are plenty of characters left in Omaha, but they have the most catching up required.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:14 pm
by Scooby
How bout Richard Saxon..?

You lost me with the bit about a gold section..lol
Still havnt found it..Haha..
Whats next bud??

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
Zombie Apocalypse has 4 different sections in Chapter 4: Gold, Sword, Juno, and Omaha. They are named for four of the five beaches where the D-Day landings took place. The name of the chapter, The Longest Day, is a reference to D-Day as well. Richard Saxon is in Juno, which is set at a beseiged convenience store as night sets in. Gold is set at Warren Air Force Base. The character sheets are all posted in the character sheets thread, divided by section. You should look them over and then post your choices in the Character Selection and Discussion thread. Some of the characters are injured mentally and/or physically at this point. Characters belonging to MIA players are available to be chosen, but you should restrict yourself to characters that were introduced in Chapter 4 unless you want to do a lot of catching up. Once you confirm you want Richard Saxon in that thread (and any other characters you may choose), I'll send you their secrets in a PM. Once you've caught up on what your characters have done and read their secrets, you can start posting in the IC threads.

If you want to play Richard Saxon, read the threads End of the World Sale and then Trouble In Store (in the Chapter 4 subforum). You will be posting in Trouble In Store when you're ready.

For the one of the eight new characters in Gold, you'll either read Sanctuary and then most of Quarantine, or just Quarantine. You'll be posting in Quaratine.

The Locations and Weapons thread tells you where your characters are and what they have. It also has a thread history, complete with links, so you can see what threads your characters have been in. You can read IC threads (or portions of threads) only if at least one of your characters is present.

All the threads are in the Zombie Apocalypse forum (there's also a link in my signature).

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:28 pm
by Selks
Hi there, I'm new to the board but if there are still spaces for this game then I'd love to play.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
You'd be welcome to join Zombie Apocalypse, Selks! There's still plenty of room for new players.

Chapter 4 (The Longest Day) is currently winding down. The Sword section just finished last week, and the other three will probably wrap up within a couple of weeks. If you want to get in now with a minimum of background reading, you should start with one of the Chapter 4 characters in the Gold section. These characters were added partway through the chapter, so you won't have quite as much catching up to do. There are characters added earlier in Chapter 4 who are still available, but you'd have to do a lot more reading if you want to play them. The Character Sheets thread lists all of the characters' stats and shows which ones are already claimed. The available Chapter 4 characters in Gold are:

-Captain Nils Johansen, M.D. (currently in command of the quarantine clinic at Warren AFB due to his superiors' untimely deaths, and also wounded)
-1st Lt. Sara Evans, R.N.
-2nd Lt. Barbara Ellison, R.N.
-Senior Airman Tom Wu (abandoned by his player a month ago)
-Airman Catherine Rourke

Chapter 5 (Dead of Night) will likely be starting in early September, and there will be new characters available. This will be an excellent time to join in. Only a handful of new pre-generated characters will be added (a couple of park rangers in Sword, and a student journalist and Tariq al-Tikriti's wife in Omaha), but for the first time you'll be able to create your own characters - though I'll assign each of them secrets too. You'll be able to create one in Gold (at Warren Air Force Base) and one in Omaha (in Omaha, natch), in addition to any other characters you have. Multiple characters are allowed and recommended due to the highly lethal nature of the game, though Chapter 4 has seen very few casualties, at least so far. The recommended number is 3 characters, and 4 is the limit. More details on the Chapter 5 characters will be coming after Chapter 4 finishes.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 pm
by Selks
I've done a little bit of cursory reading just to have a look at the game in general. The positive side of this being that I've been reading some of the latest Gold section. So I think I'll go with Tom Wu if that's ok?

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
Great, he's yours! His original player never posted for him as far as I know, and he's been abandoned for months. You've come at a good time. I'll send you his secrets in a PM in a little while. You'll need to read the thread Quarantine as well, but don't read any of the other IC threads (and pretend you don't know what was in the ones you already read). Once you've read the secrets and the thread, you can go ahead and post in Quarantine. You'll be able to pick/create additional characters for Chapter 5 too. Welcome aboard!

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 am
by Selks
Fantastic, just for the record it was Quarantine I read :D That was enough to convince me that it was an awesome game.

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, and I'm glad you're joining in! I'll be sending you Tom's secrets in just a couple of minutes. Chapter 5 may be somewhat different than what you've seen so far, at least in the Gold section (less intense action, more intrigue), but I think you'll still enjoy it.

Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 5

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Chapter 5 of Zombie Apocalypse will be starting in a few weeks. If you've been thinking about joining in, now is the perfect time. If you take new characters, no prior knowledge or reading of the first four chapters is required. Five new pregenerated characters have been added. They are available to new players on a first come, first served basis, but only one per player to start with. Any that are unclaimed after a week will become available to all players at that point. They are:
  • Captain Claire Kelleher, M.D. (in the Gold section): a U.S. Air Force doctor working at Warren Air Force Base (west of Cheyenne, Wyoming)
  • Dan Aldrich and Julie St. James (in the Sword section): park rangers at Chimney Rock in western Nebraska
  • John Lee (in the Omaha section): a student journalist from Cheyenne
  • Erin Halloran (in the Omaha section): a civil rights attorney in Omaha, the wife of Tariq al-Tikriti and mother of Ali al-Tikriti
In addition to (or instead of) choosing a pregenerated character, you may create up to two characters of your own, for the first time ever in Zombie Apocalypse. One of the characters can be in the Gold section at Warren AFB. This will probably be a member of the U.S. Air Force, but could also potentially be a relative of someone stationed at the base. The other character can be in the Omaha section, and can be pretty much anyone who was in Omaha, Nebraska at the start of the zombie outbreak, whether they live in the city or are visiting. I'll post full details for character creation later on Sunday, when I have time.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 pm
by masonstone
I'd love to join the game, and could I ask to create my own character?

if I can then I'll do a RAF Regiment Sergeant Major Raymong Crew on attachment from the RAF to Warren Air Force Base

(how should I make character stats, is there a system you would like me to follow or will you assign stats?)

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:29 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome aboard! Yes, you can create your own character. An RAF character attached to Warren AFB will work very nicely. One of the original characters way back in Chapter 1 was also from the RAF, so this will work very well. In order to create your own character, read the Rules and Guidelines thread. There's a lot of useful information in there. Full instructions for character creation are in this post. You'll roll your character's stats according to the instructions there.

Keep in mind that you can play multiple characters. This is recommended, as the game is highly lethal. Warren Air Force Base appears to be less dangerous than most of the outside world, but death is still a risk. You may create a second character in Omaha if you wish, and you may also choose one of the five pregenerated characters. Captain Claire Kelleher, MD is also at Warren AFB, but she would probably lead a separate existence from RSM Crew, at least after the beginning of Chapter 5. If you want to experience more aspects of the game, you might prefer to choose one from a different section, however. There are two park rangers available in the Sword section, Dan Aldrich and Julie St. James. There are also two pregenerated charactes in Omaha: student journalist John Lee and civil rights attorney Erin Halloran. The character sheets are all found in this thread. The new characters are at the bottom of each section.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:14 am
by masonstone
ok here goes:

Raymond Crew
35 (which gives me and extra +2 Education above the value stated below)
Male
Caucasian

Born In Kent, England he joined the RAF Regiment at the age of 18 after 6 years in the Air Cadets. specialised in sniping at boot camp and was picked for etended guerilla warfare and marksmanship training at the end of his course. went on to serve with distinction in 5 different theatres of war and has recently been promoted to Sergeant Major and attached to Warren USAF Base on an exchange program. has no immediate family, his parents having died during terrorist bombings in London after he joined the RAF and having never been posted home for long enough to aquire a permenant girlfriend.

Character
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/504333

Strength: [4,5,6] = (15)
Constitution: [6,4,1] = (11)
Power: [1,3,4] = (8)
Dexterity: [4,3,2] = (9)
Appearance: [2,3,2] = (7)

Education: [4,1,1,3] = (9)

Intellegence: [2,2,6] = (10)
Size: [1,6,6] = (13)

Idea: 50
Knowledge: 55
Luck: 40
DamageBonus: +1d4
HitPoints: 12
MagicPoints: 8
Sanity: 40

Profession: Soldier – Dodge, First Aid, Hide, Listen, Mechanical Repair, Rifle, Sneak, Handgun (is that right??)

220 points

Dodge (48%)
First Aid (60%)
Handgun (70%)
Hide (10%)
Listen (35%)
Mechanical Repair (50%)
Rifle (75%)
Sneak (30%)

100 points

Submachine Gun (55%)
Swim (30%)
Track (30%)
Shotgun (40%)
Machine Gun (20%)
Pilot (11%) (heavy prop and jet propelled fixed wing aircraft e.g Hercules)
Drive Automobile (30%)
Own Language (55%) (English)
other stats as standard in call of cthulhu rules

"Hey lighten up, at least we're not on fire."

I think that coveres it

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Nice! It looks like you haven't quite spent all of your points, so you'll want to go add some more in. You've spent only 210 of your occupational points, so you have another 10 points to spend on one or more of your eight occupational skills. You've also only spent 85 of your hobby points, so that gives you another 15 of those to spend on any skill or skills. I recommend increasing your Pilot skill to at least 15%. Otherwise, you'll have to make Luck rolls quite frequently if you ever do fly an aircraft. Even at 15%, you're not going to be very good at it. You'll have a good chance of damaging your craft on takeoff and/or landing, though a crash is less likely.

Raising your EDU to 11 gives you a Know score of 55, and Own Language: English is also now 55%.

I'll use that description you wrote when I add your character sheet to the list. I could also use a one line in-character quote like the existing character sheets have.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:24 am
by Voodoo
If he is still available I would like to play Dan Aldrich.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome, Voodoo! You've got him! I'll send you his secrets tomorrow.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:08 am
by masonstone
edited

also is there anything you would like me to read or need to tell me to make the character more in sync with the others?

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm sorry, it turns out you had spent all 100 hobby points after all. I got one of the base skills wrong. I'll put Pilot back to 11% and Drive Automobile back to 30% for now, but if you want to adjust your hobby skills let me know. I'm adding your character sheet now, and I'll send you your secrets a little later.

You don't need to read any of the background story, and it's probably best that you don't read any of Chapter 4 anyway. You should read the Rules and Guidelines thread. Feel free to post in the OOC thread and introduce yourself. Currently it's in the Chapter 4 subforum, though I'll add one to the Chapter 5 subforum within a week. Other than that, the only thing you really need to read are your secrets (when you receive them in a PM).

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:41 pm
by masonstone
kk thank you

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm adding several new characters to the Gold section of Zombie Apocalypse, all U.S. Air Force Security Forces members responding to an emergency at Warren Air Force Base. The two fire team leaders are pregenerated and may be freely chosen, and there are five more openings for members of their fire teams. Those characters could either be created by you, or created by me tailored to fit what you want. Sharpshooters and people with medical skills are especially needed for these teams.

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm
by Kamikaze14
I'll get to work on rolling up a medic.

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome aboard, Kamikaze14! The instructions for creating characters can be found in the Rules and Guidelines thread. The Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread on the main Zombie Apocalypse forum is where you can post your character when you're done. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:04 pm
by Kamikaze14
On second thought, could you roll him up? I'm kind of new to CoC and invisiblecastle won't let me register.

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
Sure, no problem. Was there any error message telling you why IC wouldn't let you register? I'll need the name you're going to give your character, and your rank (you can choose from Airman Basic, Airman, or Airman First Class - the Rules and Guidelines thread describes them, in the next-to-last post). Then I'll roll your stats for you, and then you can adjust them according to the rules in that post and assign skill points, or I can create the character completely for you based on your specifications.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:15 pm
by Kamikaze14
Server Error

There's been an error. It's been reported to the site administrators via e-mail and should be fixed shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
The site worked for me, but maybe you can't access it from your location, or it was down temporarily and came back up. If you give your character's name and rank first, I'll roll your character's stats for you. Let me know if you also want me to shift the stats around and assign skill points, or if you want to do that yourself. You should come up with the character's age and background on your own. You can post in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread in the main forum. Once your character is done, I'll give you his secrets and tell you what parts you need to read for background, and then you can get started. Once you start playing, you can use a different dice roller or physical dice, or I can simply roll the dice for you as needed.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:55 pm
by Kamikaze14
Just roll the stats, I'll assign skills.
Name: Marcus Winters

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Here are the stats for Airman Marcus Winters:

STR 9
CON 7
POW 7
DEX 11
APP 12
SIZ 9
INT 18
EDU 13

You are free to swap the first five stats (STR, CON, POW, DEX, APP) around, as they were all rolled on 3d6. That means you can put the two 7s, the 9, the 11, and the 12 in whichever of those five stats you wish. You may swap SIZ and INT, as both were rolled on 2d6+6, or you may keep them where they are. You may increase your EDU by making your character older than necessary. The minimum age is 19 in this case, but for every full 10 years above that you age your character, you get a +1 increase to your EDU (so if you're 39 years old, your EDU would be 15). If you make your character 50 years old or more, you will lose points from your other stats, however. See the next to last post in the Rules and Guidelines thread for full details.

If you keep your stats where they are, your derived stats are as follows:
Idea 90
Luck 35
Know 65
Damage bonus: +0
Maximum Hit Points: 8
Maximum Magic Points: 7
Starting Sanity: 35

You may choose a relevant template for your occupational skills. Your best bet is probably the Soldier template, which allows you to spend your EDU-based skill points on Dodge, First Aid, Hide, Listen, Mechanical Repair, Rifle, Sneak, and one other skill of your choice as a specialty. Medicine would be a good choice for this skill. You'd still have your INT-based skill points for any other skills you want, and if you leave the 18 in INT, that gives you 180 of them!

Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 6

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
Chapter 6 of Zombie Apocalypse will be starting this week. If you've been thinking about joining in, now is the perfect time. If you play new characters, no prior knowledge or reading of the first five chapters is required. One pregenerated character has been added. She is available to new players on a first come, first served basis. If she is unclaimed after a week, she will become available to all players at that point. She is Detective Gretchen Ehrlich, who works narcotics cases for the Omaha Police Department. There are also pregenerated chapters from earlier chapters available, though they will require back reading.

In addition to (or instead of) choosing pregenerated characters, you may create up to two characters of your own. One of the characters can be in the Gold section at Warren AFB. This will probably be a member of the U.S. Air Force, but could also potentially be a relative of someone stationed at the base. The other character can be in the Omaha section, and can be pretty much anyone who was in Omaha, Nebraska at the start of the zombie outbreak, whether they live in the city or are visiting. Full details for character creation can be found in the Rules and Guidelines thread, in the next-to-last post: here

Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 7

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:01 am
by Mr. Handy
Chapter 7 of Zombie Apocalypse will be starting in early September. If you've been thinking about joining in, now would be an ideal time. If you play new characters, no prior knowledge or reading of the first six chapters is required. Several pregenerated characters have been added. They are available to new players on a first come, first served basis (one new pregenerated character per player for now). There are also pregenerated characters from earlier chapters available, and you may choose more than one of them, though they will require back reading.

In addition to (or instead of) choosing pregenerated characters, you may create up to two characters of your own. One of the characters can be in the Gold section at Warren AFB. This will probably be a member of the U.S. Air Force, but could also potentially be a relative of someone stationed at the base. The other character can be in the Omaha section, and can be pretty much anyone who was in Omaha, Nebraska at the start of the zombie outbreak, whether they live in the city or are visiting. Full details for character creation can be found in the Rules and Guidelines thread, in the next-to-last post: here

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:50 am
by Laraqua
More people should play this game because it's awesome. That is all. Also, it's more fun when you're roleplaying with a bunch of other clueless PCs rather than NPCs cleverly manipulated by all-knowing Keeper! Well, okay, Mr. Handy does a marvellous job of keeping the IC / OOC information separate but still ... join us!

Don't you know?

It's Zombie Hunting season!

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks for the plug, Laraqua! We used to have more players, but we've lost some after Chapter 6. We just got one new player, so we're up to seven now. While that's a lot for some games, it's on the low side for this one. In Zombie Apocalypse, it's the more the merrier. It is a much better game when most of the characters are played by players instead of by me. Okay, it's easier on me too, as that's less NPCs for me to manage, but this game should be driven by the players. Ideally, every character (with only a few exceptions) would be a PC.