Chapter 3 Zombie Apoc

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Chapter 3 Zombie Apoc

Post by Tangerine »

Rats. Not even a caffeine IV drip? :P
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

There are plenty of characters still available, and since the chapter just started a couple of weeks ago, there isn't much catching up to do. In addition, I'm adding six new characters to the Sword section who require no prior knowledge or catching up to play. They're in a desperate situation and playing them will be challenging. Their IC thread will probably get started in about a week or so. See the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse for more details.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm going to be adding nine new characters to the Gold section of Zombie Apocalypse in the next week or two: medical staff at Warren Air Force Base, including doctors, nurses, and orderlies. No prior reading is required to play them, and their character sheets have already been posted. Details are in the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse. This is likely to be the last batch of characters added for a while. The number of characters is getting quite high. Gotta do something about that soon... :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years

Post by El_Anatomista »

Right. I wanna play in this game if you got a spot for me i would love to join.
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years

Post by El_Anatomista »

Right. I wanna play in this game if you got a spot for me i would love to join.
PM me or something :)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Don't want to be a snob, but shouldn't this thread be called "Chapter 4 Zombie Apocalypse? 8-)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, there's plenty of room and you'd be welcome to join! Here are instructions I gave to another player who joined recently: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 041#p70041 - they are a bit out of date, so check the Character Selection and Discussion thread for more up-to-date information.

I'd have to edit the original post's title to make it say Chapter 4. I could, but Welsh posted the thread originally and I don't really want to edit his post without permission.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Scooby
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Scooby »

Yeah Count me in Mr Handy..!! Soundz good.. !
Scooby
Layman
Layman

Post by Scooby »

Yeah Count me in Mr Handy..!! Soundz good.. !
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! This game has pre-generated characters only (at least for now). There are more details and instructions for new players on that link in the post I made above that will let you know how to choose them. Your best bet is to pick one of the eight characters in the Gold section that were added recently. There were nine, but Major MacPherson just met an untimely end. :cry: You can choose multiple characters, and you're encouraged to do so due to the highly lethal nature of this game, but you can only take one from Gold. The other sections have more characters, but more catching up as well. In Sword, Raquel Orozco and Lara Voronova are still available, but they're in a very dangerous and dark situation right now. In Juno, you could pick Ho Nguyen or Richard Saxon. There are plenty of characters left in Omaha, but they have the most catching up required.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Scooby
Layman
Layman

Post by Scooby »

How bout Richard Saxon..?

You lost me with the bit about a gold section..lol
Still havnt found it..Haha..
Whats next bud??
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zombie Apocalypse has 4 different sections in Chapter 4: Gold, Sword, Juno, and Omaha. They are named for four of the five beaches where the D-Day landings took place. The name of the chapter, The Longest Day, is a reference to D-Day as well. Richard Saxon is in Juno, which is set at a beseiged convenience store as night sets in. Gold is set at Warren Air Force Base. The character sheets are all posted in the character sheets thread, divided by section. You should look them over and then post your choices in the Character Selection and Discussion thread. Some of the characters are injured mentally and/or physically at this point. Characters belonging to MIA players are available to be chosen, but you should restrict yourself to characters that were introduced in Chapter 4 unless you want to do a lot of catching up. Once you confirm you want Richard Saxon in that thread (and any other characters you may choose), I'll send you their secrets in a PM. Once you've caught up on what your characters have done and read their secrets, you can start posting in the IC threads.

If you want to play Richard Saxon, read the threads End of the World Sale and then Trouble In Store (in the Chapter 4 subforum). You will be posting in Trouble In Store when you're ready.

For the one of the eight new characters in Gold, you'll either read Sanctuary and then most of Quarantine, or just Quarantine. You'll be posting in Quaratine.

The Locations and Weapons thread tells you where your characters are and what they have. It also has a thread history, complete with links, so you can see what threads your characters have been in. You can read IC threads (or portions of threads) only if at least one of your characters is present.

All the threads are in the Zombie Apocalypse forum (there's also a link in my signature).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Selks
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Selks »

Hi there, I'm new to the board but if there are still spaces for this game then I'd love to play.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You'd be welcome to join Zombie Apocalypse, Selks! There's still plenty of room for new players.

Chapter 4 (The Longest Day) is currently winding down. The Sword section just finished last week, and the other three will probably wrap up within a couple of weeks. If you want to get in now with a minimum of background reading, you should start with one of the Chapter 4 characters in the Gold section. These characters were added partway through the chapter, so you won't have quite as much catching up to do. There are characters added earlier in Chapter 4 who are still available, but you'd have to do a lot more reading if you want to play them. The Character Sheets thread lists all of the characters' stats and shows which ones are already claimed. The available Chapter 4 characters in Gold are:

-Captain Nils Johansen, M.D. (currently in command of the quarantine clinic at Warren AFB due to his superiors' untimely deaths, and also wounded)
-1st Lt. Sara Evans, R.N.
-2nd Lt. Barbara Ellison, R.N.
-Senior Airman Tom Wu (abandoned by his player a month ago)
-Airman Catherine Rourke

Chapter 5 (Dead of Night) will likely be starting in early September, and there will be new characters available. This will be an excellent time to join in. Only a handful of new pre-generated characters will be added (a couple of park rangers in Sword, and a student journalist and Tariq al-Tikriti's wife in Omaha), but for the first time you'll be able to create your own characters - though I'll assign each of them secrets too. You'll be able to create one in Gold (at Warren Air Force Base) and one in Omaha (in Omaha, natch), in addition to any other characters you have. Multiple characters are allowed and recommended due to the highly lethal nature of the game, though Chapter 4 has seen very few casualties, at least so far. The recommended number is 3 characters, and 4 is the limit. More details on the Chapter 5 characters will be coming after Chapter 4 finishes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Selks
Layman
Layman

Post by Selks »

I've done a little bit of cursory reading just to have a look at the game in general. The positive side of this being that I've been reading some of the latest Gold section. So I think I'll go with Tom Wu if that's ok?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, he's yours! His original player never posted for him as far as I know, and he's been abandoned for months. You've come at a good time. I'll send you his secrets in a PM in a little while. You'll need to read the thread Quarantine as well, but don't read any of the other IC threads (and pretend you don't know what was in the ones you already read). Once you've read the secrets and the thread, you can go ahead and post in Quarantine. You'll be able to pick/create additional characters for Chapter 5 too. Welcome aboard!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Selks
Layman
Layman

Post by Selks »

Fantastic, just for the record it was Quarantine I read :D That was enough to convince me that it was an awesome game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, and I'm glad you're joining in! I'll be sending you Tom's secrets in just a couple of minutes. Chapter 5 may be somewhat different than what you've seen so far, at least in the Gold section (less intense action, more intrigue), but I think you'll still enjoy it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 5

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chapter 5 of Zombie Apocalypse will be starting in a few weeks. If you've been thinking about joining in, now is the perfect time. If you take new characters, no prior knowledge or reading of the first four chapters is required. Five new pregenerated characters have been added. They are available to new players on a first come, first served basis, but only one per player to start with. Any that are unclaimed after a week will become available to all players at that point. They are:
  • Captain Claire Kelleher, M.D. (in the Gold section): a U.S. Air Force doctor working at Warren Air Force Base (west of Cheyenne, Wyoming)
  • Dan Aldrich and Julie St. James (in the Sword section): park rangers at Chimney Rock in western Nebraska
  • John Lee (in the Omaha section): a student journalist from Cheyenne
  • Erin Halloran (in the Omaha section): a civil rights attorney in Omaha, the wife of Tariq al-Tikriti and mother of Ali al-Tikriti
In addition to (or instead of) choosing a pregenerated character, you may create up to two characters of your own, for the first time ever in Zombie Apocalypse. One of the characters can be in the Gold section at Warren AFB. This will probably be a member of the U.S. Air Force, but could also potentially be a relative of someone stationed at the base. The other character can be in the Omaha section, and can be pretty much anyone who was in Omaha, Nebraska at the start of the zombie outbreak, whether they live in the city or are visiting. I'll post full details for character creation later on Sunday, when I have time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by masonstone »

I'd love to join the game, and could I ask to create my own character?

if I can then I'll do a RAF Regiment Sergeant Major Raymong Crew on attachment from the RAF to Warren Air Force Base

(how should I make character stats, is there a system you would like me to follow or will you assign stats?)
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”