Chapter 3 Zombie Apoc

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Chapter 3 Zombie Apoc

Post by welsh »

So you've missed the first two nail biting chapters of zombie apocalypse. Well don't miss out on Chapter 3. Its here and its up and running.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 3 Zombie Apoc

Post by Mr. Handy »

There are three brand spanking new characters available in the Over section of Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 3. This is a good opportunity for new players to jump into the game, as you can take one of these characters with no prior knowledge of the story necessary whatsoever. New players will have priority, but the characters are first come, first served. After one week, if any are still unclaimed I'll open them up to existing players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by John Gaunt »

I'd love to jump in! Where/how do I start?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, welcome aboard! The forum for Zombie Apocalypse is here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=90

You'll want to look at the Character Sheets thread near the top to see which characters are still available and their character sheets. All characters are pregenerated. Players are encouraged to take multiple characters because the game is lethal and characters do die often. You may play up to three characters, or four if you really want to. To jump right in, you can take one of the two available new characters to start with. They are Jack Montrose and his daughter Lauren (both in the Over section). Jack's wife Emily Montrose is already being played by someone else. After that, you can also choose characters who were added at the beginning of Chapter 3. You'll have some catching up to do, but not as much as for the characters from the first two chapters (there are links to these chapters, which are good but very long, in The Story So Far...).

You can look at the locations and weapons thread above the character sheets thread to see where the characters are and what they currently have. The locations list also has a thread history for each character so you can see which threads you'll need to read in order to catch up. For Jack or Lauren, you'd only need to read Middle of Nowhere. The others have more reading.

Once you've chosen one or more characters, you should let me know and I'll send you their secrets. Jack and Lauren are the only characters available in Over (other than two characters in the helicopter who won't have much to do but talk for a while), and only characters from Chapter 1 are available in Under, but there are still several up for grabs in Through. They are:
2nd Lt. Rebecca Doolittle
Airman Brian Kincaid
Senior Airman Roger Coltrane (abandoned by his player)
Airman Thomas Cole
Airman Greg Applebee (also abandoned)
Amanda Deeds
Lisa Crow
Lewie Newton (abandoned)
Ernest Granger (abandoned)

You should also look over the Rules and Guidelines thread when you have time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewordwasaphex »

I feel obliged to take on Kincaid, as he shares a surname with a starfighter pilot in the book I'm writing! :D

I can start tomorrow (i.e. saturday) nite.

All good?

Aphex
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sounds good to me! You can play more than one character if you like, so if you see any others you want to play, just let me know. I'll send you Kincaid's secrets tonight and tell you which threads you need to read in order to catch up. Kincaid's story starts with Unhappy Landings, continues in Iroquois Down, and then moves to The Siege (his current thread). Once you're ready, you can post in character in The Siege. Welcome aboard!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewordwasaphex »

I'll stick with one for now. CoC newbie! ;)
Been RP'ing for a very long time though. It's all good.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There's a brand new character being added to Zombie Apocalypse: Kyle Perkins, the grown son of farmers Lloyd and Betty Perkins. His mother turned into a zombie and killed his father, turning him into one too - but poor Kyle doesn't quite get it yet. Now he's trapped in the attic of his own farmhouse with zombies below, but he's met some new friends who might help him out of this mess. If someone wants to join Zombie Apocalypse before Chapter 4 starts, this would be a good time, as there's very little reading to do to catch up on Kyle's story, and you can always add more characters when Chapter 4 starts. However, this is first come, first served. Whoever requests him first gets to play him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by yellowsigh »

You know what? I think I might just jump in at the deep end and take Kyle, if that's okay?

I seem to have had a lot more spare time than I thought I'd have; the work I've been planning to do has been scuppered slightly by a website not being as responsive as I'd like.
. . .y o u ' r e i n s y l u m t o r e m e m b e r . . .
• Mood Music •
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard, and no problem! You've got Kyle now. You should read Middle of Nowhere from page 27 to the end, and then follow the link there to page 5 of Reunion. I'll also send you his secrets in a little while. Once you've read them and caught up, you can start posting for Kyle as soon as I update Reunion tonight. Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by yellowsigh »

Right, I'm all up to date with the action. I'll wait for the Update before I introduce myself to the other players on the thread. And will try to resist quoting The Stand once we get going again.
. . .y o u ' r e i n s y l u m t o r e m e m b e r . . .
• Mood Music •
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chapter 4 is going to start in around a week or so, and 50 new pregenerated characters have been posted. New players are welcome to join, and no prior reading is required if you choose new characters. See the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse for more details.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Post by Mr. Handy »

After last night's meteor shower, the world that everyone has woken up to today has been drastically altered. Many people appear to have been infected with something that has rendered them aggressive, cannibalistic, and extremely hard to kill. Not only that, but those they bite become just like them. Their numbers grow with each death, and in less than a day the major cities of the world have been all but overrun. The police can't stop them. Even the military has been soundly thrashed, and internal division has left it in disarray. Chaos reigns everywhere. There have been sightings of other bizarre creatures as well, and people are starting to go mad under the strain. Some people have survived, but where can they go and what can they do?

Dozens of survivors have holed up in a high school in Omaha's inner city that is now under siege by the mindless hordes, a school in which the CDC has set up its Crisis Response Center. A helicopter carrying scientists and vital data is finally about to arrive after much delay in a desperate last ditch effort to save what's left of the human race, but will they complete their mission in time?

Meanwhile, others cling to life in western Nebraska. Remnants from U.S. Air Force units and a handful of civilians struggle to flee to the relative safety of Warren AFB, but first they must get past a city crawling with the risen dead. And if they do, will they be able to gain entry to the base?-And even if they accomplish that, is the base any safer than the outside? One woman, separated from the others and suffering from severe exhaustion and a broken leg, is being pursued by something horrible. The only way to escape it is through a very dangerous place where she risks death - or worse. Another group of survivors heads west in a pickup truck, having narrowly survived unspeakable horror that has claimed so many others, and still other survivors try to hold out in a convenience store.

The day which will become known as Z-Day has seemed endless, but it will not go on forever. The sun is getting lower as afternoon moves toward evening, and when the sun goes down the danger will be ever greater. Will anyone survive to see the next morning? Will YOU?

If you think you have what it takes to survive, join Zombie Apocalypse as it enters its thrilling fourth chapter: The Longest Day. Choose one or more of over 70 characters, each with their own strengths, weaknesses, and secrets. Brute force will not stop the masses of zombies. You will need to use your brain to stay alive - or the zombies will eat it. And there are worse things than zombies out there. Some of them are human - and some of them are not.

Zombie Apocalypse has been going strong for over two and a half years now. New players are welcome. Characters are available on a first come, first served basis, so act quickly before the selection dwindles. No prior knowledge of the first three chapters is necessary, as the vast majority of the characters were newly introduced in Chapter 4. Click here for more information.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Chapter 4 Zombie Apoc

Post by Tabs »

Mr Handy, I wanna play but admit to being a newbie to pbp. My prevoius RPG experience was 20 yrs ago, I still possess my CoC 3rd Ed. rulebook!
Can I take on: Keith Stewart, Heather Anderson, Miguel Garcia and Roy McCrumb?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Tabs! Don't worry about being new to pbp. Many of our players have been, and I was new to it myself when it started back in mid-2006. Your rulebook will still be good, as most things remain unchanged. Many of our players don't even have the rulebook, and I didn't have it myself until May. The start of Chapter 4 will be tutorial-like to help players learn how the game is played.

You can choose up to four characters, but keep in mind that this will mean a greater time commitment to play all of them. Also, you should choose characters from different subgroups, not just students. See the Character Selection and Discussion thread in Zombie Apocalypse for more details, and post your final selections there. Additionally, I would prefer that you not play both Keith Stewart and Miguel Garcia. You should choose which of the two you would prefer to play. You can choose a different character to replace the other one. I recommend that you pick two of the students you've listed, one member of the faculty or staff, and one character from the Others group. If you really want to, you can play three students and one character from one of the other subgroups, as there are still plenty of students available for other players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Noted! in that case: Keith Stewart and Rachel Cohen. P.S. I've also posted their names to Character Selection and Discussion.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Wayno »

Hi, would really like to join, but only want 1 character, this cool?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, that's cool! Welcome aboard! Some of our players only have one character...though some of those only have one character left... :twisted:

You should read through the Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 4 subforum and pick out a character you like who isn't already being played by someone else. If you haven't read the first three chapters you should stick to the ones added in Chapter 4, which is the vast majority of them. Then post your selection in the Character Selection and Discussion thread in the main forum, and I'll send you your character's secrets. Once you have those, you can start posting in your character's thread. You should also look through the Rules and Guidelines thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tangerine »

I am really tempted to hoard weapons, ammunition, food, water, first aid.. All that it into one heavily fortified small area all by myself. :twisted:

Ride it out like a paranoid schizophrenic/professional conspiracy theorist (a la Mel Gibson)! :lol:
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There are people who are doing just that. They might not survive either. Being alone during a zombie apocalypse is a very bad thing. It takes teamwork to survive. Humans need to sleep, and zombies don't.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”