Two games with spaces

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Two games with spaces

Post by Mephistophilis »

Inspired by the new Discord I am not so much actively looking for players as highlighting I have two games that could take another player each in case there is anyone who'd like to jump in, particularly any newbies.

The Lower Deep started recently (see recruitment thread) and is a Cthulhu Dark homebrew scenario intended to test out the system. It is based on a novella set in the 1950s on a Haiti-like Caribbean island. There are two other players and I think we could easily accommodate another. It is a super light system and would be great for anyone wanting to just test out play by post as a medium.

The Titan Incident has been going for a year! It is a Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition scenario set in space (see the recruitment thread) However we're still a way from the end and a player has dropped out (there are currently four existing players) and, most importantly, there are some pre-generated characters for the scenario who have been tagging along so another player could easily slot it. We have Moses Goodkind the Safety Inspector, Isabella Garcia the Systems Engineer, and Ling Li the Pilot available.
rbrandolph1
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 8 months

Re: Two games with spaces

Post by rbrandolph1 »

I would be game to joining your Titan game. I have never played by post before but i am very experienced player and keeper. If the pilot is still open, could i join?

Cheers!
r
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Of course, here's her stats at the end of the post or you can create your own character using the rules in the Character Creation thread.

Have a read of the game background and IC threads but actually Li hasn't been involved much in proceedings so if you do a search for her you'll see what she knows, although I notice she was in this thread and seemed to disappear so do with that what you will.

-----

Player:
Character Name: Ling Li
Sex: Female

Li is a pilot, a damn good one, but instead of making use of her talents Richter Dynamics has her hauling a bunch of suits to Titan. Maybe it's her reserved and taciturn nature but no one seems to recognise her skills.

Small, plain looking woman.

Characteristics:
STR: 55
CON: 50
SIZ: 45
DEX: 75
APP: 45
INT: 70
POW: 50
EDU: 70

Hit Points: 9
Magic Points: 10
Maximum Sanity (99 - Cthulhu Mythos): 99
Sanity: 50
Luck: 40
Move Rate: 9
Build: 0
Damage Bonus:

Skills:
Non-Default are bolded. Occupational Skills in Italics. Personal Interests preceded by a DOT.
Accounting (05%):
Animal Handling (05%):
Anthropology (01%):
Appraise (05%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art: / Craft: (05%):
Charm (15%):
Computer Use (05%): 30%
Credit Rating (00%): 20%
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Demolitions (01%):
Disguise (05%):
.Dodge (37%): 50%
.Drive Auto (20%): 50%
.Electrical Repair (10%): 30%
Fast Talk (05%):
Fighting (Brawl) (25%):
Firearms (Handgun) (20%):
Firearms (Rifle/Shotgun) (25%):
Firearms (SMG) (15%):
First Aid (30%):
History (05%):
Intimidate (15%):
Language (Own) (70%):
Language (Other) (01%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (20%):
.Listen (20%): 30%
.Mechanical Repair (10%): 30%
Medicine (01%):
Natural World (10%):
Navigate (10%): 50%
Occult (10%):
Operate Heavy Machinery (01%): 23%
Persuade (10%):
Pilot (Planetary) (01%): 60
Pilot (Space) (01%): 70

Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (10%):
Science (Biology) (01%):
Science (Chemistry) (01%):
Science (Physics) (01%):33%
Science (Planetary) (01%):
Sleight of Hand (10%):
.Spot Hidden (25%): 50%
Stealth (20%):
Survival (10%):
Swim (20%):
Throw (20%):
Track (10%):
Zero/Low G (20%): 65%
rbrandolph1
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 8 months

Post by rbrandolph1 »

Should i read through the whole thread? I have never played this way. Even reading the bit from above surprised me. I don't know what i was expecting, but this is much cooler than that. How do i jump in?
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

As far as Li is concerned she's flown a bunch of Richter Dynamics troubleshooters to Titan to investigate the death of the colony doctor and a drop in methane production. She hasn't involved herself in the investigation particularly but she knows that since they arrived the head of security killed himself, there was a power cut, something attacked and nearly killed the new doctor Jojo who turned out to be an android, and now the colony administrator Kingsley and the colony computer CENTRAL seem to have gone screwy.

The game forum is here. Read the Introduction and Conditions on Titan threads and post a copy of your character in the Finished Characters thread (so you can update sanity, HP etc).

Then you can jump right in to the end of the most recent in character thread here. It has been a teensy bit slow as I'm on holiday this week but hope to update soon.
ryanlb3845
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by ryanlb3845 »

Are there any openings for the Titan campaign?
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Ah, sorry, we're getting near the end now so I don't think it'll be possible.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

There is in fact now an opening for the Titan Incident. Kiara Khan, Science Officer and loose cannon is now available as jp1885 has stepped down. Kiara is off on her own (well, she's with an NPC), so could do with being taken over.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”