The beginning of the end [Actual Play]

This is the end, my friend
The.... final countdown

The End

What comes after that we deem as life as we know it?

A game set in the End Time of Michael C. LaBossier.
2-5 players

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: The beginning of the end [Actual Play]

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I did set the systems to go dark before the strikes. I bet my life that's why we're still breathing. I have some transfers saved from just before we went dark, but I've not analyzed them. Nothing good will have come in, so I moved them to the queue for deletion."

She picks her gun up and in the same move pulls her key out of the launch pad. She holsters the gun and steps away from the panels. "I'm heading down to Addie to run some diagnostics of the secondary systems. You take this watch and listen if you can find anything out. Heck, you're welcome to check those files when you're at it."

She looks at Chambers and says, "Chambers, you'd better get some rest for tomorrow. Get on your best behavior. We might be the last sons of bitches alive up here. Better make us the best we can be."

To the two subordinaries, she salutes. "Be your best, gentlemen."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, ma'am," says Bill, returning her salute. "I'll get started going through those files." He takes a seat and begins to search.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
RonaHattingh
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by RonaHattingh »

"Yes, Mam." David salutes and silently gives a sigh of relieve. The gun is safely tucked away. "I will keep an ear out and help Bill with the files."
"With friends like this, who needs dynamite?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bill and David soon find the door behind them closed and the files placed for deletion appear on Bill's terminal.

Video Call #1

19:35
McKerna Air Strip.

Jeff Larken's face fills the screen. "Hi, hon! We're fine up here. Nothing to report. Just wanted to tell you how much I love you. When you get up, I've prepared a truck with all we need to get to the cabin and just live off off the land. I can't stand this life of mayhem any longer. See you soon." He kisses the tips of his fingers and pats the lens.

End of transmission.

Orbital Command Message #1
18:02

IICM4: Launch code FZ122RR5KQ1
Missile target allocated: Beijing, 39° 54′ 0″ N, 116° 23′ 0″ E

"God's speed and God bless America!"

Video Call #2
18:17

Col Ling is seen in a static snowstorm, fading in and out of focus. He's screaming at the camera but there's no sound. Then, suddenly he is decapitated by debris from an explosion next to him. The screen goes full black from the same debris.

Orbital Command Message #2
18:12

Washington is out of commission. Two of our nuclear subs in the Antarctic are still online. Should there be a need for further communications, contact Lazarus 1 or 2 on FoxtrotEpsilonDavid through Orbital Command Relay. Over!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The system is still offline, due to the USB-flash drive Larken plugged in.
No external information is arriving and nothing is being shared outwards.
TVblog

RonaHattingh
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by RonaHattingh »

David eyes light upon the USB-flash drive plugged into the system. Curiosity makes him inspect it closer. Lightly he touches it with his finger tips. Quickly he pulls it out and watch to see what happens.
"With friends like this, who needs dynamite?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

With the flash drive ejected, the system gives a message: Going online...
Then:

Rebuilding communication structure...

Looking for network connections...

Scanning for authorization variables...

INITIATING NETWORK ENCRYPTION.

Attempt 1/15
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd feel a lot better if we could get some intel on what's going on out there instead of pissing in the dark," says Bill. "I'll run a diagnostic on the connection. I can't tell if the problem is on our end, or if the satellite's been taken out. An EMP could have fried either one. It might not even have been a weapon designed to inflict an EMP. One happens automatically every time one of these oversized fireworks goes off."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC: By initiating the life support on full capacity, you will redirect the power from the waste disposal yard, north of the launch station, to yourself. Then, you'll get full control of your surroundings and readings from anything that's operational up top. As it is now, you're in a state of electrical hibernation due to the 'go dark' protocol. The flash drive only shut down Orbital command. On the wall in the control room are levers to allocate power supply to and from the main generator of the area. That will however make your position known to anyone scanning for life signs.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know if it's a good idea to turn the lights back on," says Bill. "That'd be a good way to get them punched out if anyone sees them. It's up to you, sir."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

System diagnostic:
The connection is aok on ICCM. The problem lies externally.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC: Considering life supply, oxygen supply, food rations and water, you have two weeks of supples for four people. There are eight EVAC suits with radiation protection in the missile storage. To get up top, you need to manually open the heavy lift. Then climb the shaft.
TVblog

Return to “Twelve Hours - End Time”