IC-Ep 1-Plans and Schemes(Everyone)

Story and his companions arrive in Rome in 44 BC, the day before the Ides of March. They encounter a very unusual soothsayer who delivers a warning to Julius Caesar and soon find themselves embroiled in intrigue.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Plans and Schemes(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story,[b]Story[/b], through his knowledge of history, knew the names of several members of the plot against [b]Caesar[/b]: [b]Gaius Cassius Longinus[/b]. [b]Marcus Junius Brutus[/b], [b]Decimus Brutus Albinus[/b], [b]Servilius Casca[/b], and [b]Lucius Tillius Cimber[/b]. If the Brotherhood of the Beast was in any way connected to the plot, than they could possibly get leads on them by seeing who associated with the conspirators.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Emma.Wyatt
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Emma.Wyatt »

ooc,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/380537]http://orokos.com/roll/380537[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]2[/b]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,Rolling Idea (stat 65%) on way towards the Suburra slum [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Titus noticed a very old man on his way out of the theater and recognized him as Septimus Scribonius Magnus, a well-known augur with an excellent reputation. He moved very slowly, which is why he was still here when most of the crowd had dispersed by now,
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] realized that if the Brotherhood of the Beast was in any way connected to the plot against [b]Caesar[/b], they could possibly get leads on them by seeing who associated with the conspirators. The only names she knew of were [b]Brutus[/b] and [b]Cassius[/b], but [b]Brook[/b] seemed lkely to know a lot more, and she might even have some ideas on how to find them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"Thank you, Germanicus, I feel much more confident with your support. Father always said you were 'Rome's pillar of strength'." Caelia does a humorous impersonation of her father's gravelly voice and smiles briefly before turning serious.
"I will ask Artemis and Spurius to accompany me, and I'll send you a message directly I am out of Scaevola's residence. If you haven't heard from me by, say, an hour before midnight, then you'll know something has happened.
Caesar barely knows me, I only met him once, but please give him my best wishes tonight."

She sighs, "I'd much rather be dining at your table than Scaevola's tonight; he gives me the creeps." Caelia turns and holds Germanicus' hand tenderly. "Well, wish me luck. We should meet first thing tomorrow morning to compare notes - then we'll need to take drastic action if we are to save Caesar."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus smiles at Caelia's impersonation.

"The People and the Senate are the strength of Rome, my dear, we are but her servants."

He tenderly squeezes Caelia's hand.

"Juno guide you, Caelia Alba. I shall look forward to your hale return. You will find me in the Forum tomorrow, or at the Theatre of Pompey Magnus."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Emma.Wyatt
Layman
Layman

Post by Emma.Wyatt »

Titus walks over to Septimus.

"Hello, friend. How are you? Might I trouble you for a moment?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The elderly augur squinted at Titus and smled. "Hail, Titus Iunius Philo," he said in a crackly voice. "I am as well as can be expected. And yourself? At my age, time is in short supply, though it may be so for many of us if my visions of the future are accurate. Still, I can spare a moment for you. What is on your mind, youngster?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Caelia bids farewell of Germanicus and goes in search of Spurius whilst keeping an eye out for anything else of interest.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story steps in front of his companions as they're moving while he slowly proceeds backwards and says, "Well, we know that there was a few conspirators - Gaius Longinus. Marcus Brutus, Decimus Albinus, Servilius Casca, and Lucius Cimber. Perhaps one of them is connected with the Brotherhood in some fashion."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

dustakr wrote:
Ritterton wrote: "Ave, Spurius, sorry for the wait."
Spurius greets back Artemis, 'Not to worry..I have been busy'.
Artemis clasps hands with Spurius and then looks about.

"Spurius, so, do you know where we are to go? I felt fortunate enough to find my way to my lodging, borrow this toga, and get back here. I didn't get any directions as to where the Good Senator's villa is located." Artemis tugged at the seam of the toga, and shifted nervously as if he was a new recruit standing before a trainer for the first time.
Emma.Wyatt
Layman
Layman

Post by Emma.Wyatt »

Titus smiles at Septimus and says "I won't keep you too long. I am troubled, friend. I hear whispers of a group I am unfamiliar with. Tell me, please, have you any information about the Brotherhood of the beast?"
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by dustakr »

Spurius hiding his amused face from Arthemis, looking over to Senator Germanicus..'I guess Senator Germanicus is leaving Lady Caelia Alba alone for moment..we can go and have word with Lady Caelia about Senator Scaevola before going to Senator's villa..I have gain directions to Senator's villa already.'
OOC,Hello Mr. Handy, Humble Request, I have been watching you seamlessly npc many of playing characters on different occasions for various reasons..can you npc Spurius for next single post...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I only know what Adelphus told me when I shared my latest vision with him," Septimus told Titus. "They are a mystery cult that originates in Egypt, but they have members in Rome whose identities are unknown. They worship the Sphinx, which fits with what I saw in my vision. And they pose a considerable threat to the peace and safety of Rome."
OOC,Sure, no problem!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

'I guess Senator Germanicus is leaving Lady Caelia Alba alone for moment..we can go and have word with Lady Caelia about Senator Scaevola before going to Senator's villa..I have gain directions to Senator's villa already.'
Artemis agreed with Spurius' suggested plan and looked about to see where he had seen Caelia in the crowd.

"Ave Caelia, Lady Caelia," Artemis made a wave to attract Caelia's attention within the mass of all of the others.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus gathers his retinue and assumes the long way home, greeting friends and clients and the way back.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"The only names I could remember for sure were Brutus and Cassius," says Elizabeth to Story and the others. "Brook, is Story's list complete? I think you know more about this than I do. Are there any other names we might be missing? And do you have any ideas about how we might best find them?"
Emma.Wyatt
Layman
Layman

Post by Emma.Wyatt »

"Thank you for the time and information, Septimus. I won't keep you any longer." Titus smiles and will make his way off from the older man, once he is sure Septimus has no more to say.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Just a minute, young man," Septimus said to Titus. "I never shared my vision with you, did I? I am the seventh son of a seventh son, and I have been blessed - or rather cursed - with the second sight. My visions have never failed." The ancient seer cleared his throat. "I saw a beast, part man and part snake, doing battle with a Sphinx. The two were locked in mortal combat, and Rome was their battlefield. Men fought as well, some on each creature's side at their command, but few there were who even saw their commanders. First knives came out, and then a great man fell. Then the swords came out. I saw blood and fire, chaos and destruction!" He gripped the fringe of Titus's clothes with a weak and trembling hand. "I prayed to all the gods that I would not live to see it come to pass. It was terrible! House fought against house, brother fought against brother. It was like in the war between Caesar and Pompey, only worse! I fear the Republic is doomed!" Tears poured from his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. Then he suddenly lurched backwards, clutched his chest, and collapsed...

Story
JAYSUN81

Elizabeth Young
YOCKENTHWAITE

Lucuus Verres
HEXELIS

Brook Davies
THORN

Senator Tiberius Tullius Germanicus
DR PETERSON

Claudius Marcius
SUPERCAPE

Caelia Alba
AINE

TItus Iunius Philo
CRACKHEADC.
EMMA.WYATT

Decius Lupus
ANDYW666

Aricus Callidus Gladio
GROGNARDSW

Artemis Gaius Sylvius
RITTERTON

Spurius Papirius Valens
DUSTAKR

Gaius Iulius Caesar
MR. HANDY

Adelphus
MR. HANDY

Lictors:
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Servants:
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Romans:
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Senator Decimus Brutus Albinus:
MR. HANDY

Senator Publius Servilius Scaevola
MR. HANDY

Actors
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Egyptians:
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Nefertiri
MR. HANDY

Queen Cleopatra
MR. HANDY

Septimus Scribonius Magnus
MR. HANDY

Title music by
RON GRAINER and
BBC RADIOPHONIC
WORKSHOP

Designer
MR. HANDY

Producer
MR. HANDY

Directed by
MR. HANDY
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
No Tomorrow
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”