IC-Ep 1-Plans and Schemes(Everyone)

Story and his companions arrive in Rome in 44 BC, the day before the Ides of March. They encounter a very unusual soothsayer who delivers a warning to Julius Caesar and soon find themselves embroiled in intrigue.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-Plans and Schemes(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Theater of Pompey - Rome, Italia
Early afternoon- March 14, 44 BC

Story, his companions, Caelia, and their other friends arrived at the Theater of Pompey just as the performance was ending. The Senatorial section had the best seats in the house. Caesar himself and his entourage had the best of the best seats, and numerous other senators were also in attendance. Germanicus was easily recognizable, especially as his hideous hunchbacked servant Claudius was not far from his side. Another senator, a man in his forties but still with a youthful vigor, sat with him, Two other men that they saw this morning in the Forum were also approaching Germanicus. One was the gladiator Aricus Callidus Gladio, and the other the cavalryman Decius Lupus. He and Spurius Papirius Valens knew each other already as fellow cavalrymen.
OOC,Everyone who has just arrived other than [b]Story[/b] and his companions may roll Republic.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Plans and Schemes(Everyone)

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis followed along with the group that had left the Palace of the Queen and he continued to replay the conversation in the palace over and over in his mind. Who would want to kill Caesar? He kept asking himself. At times he tried to catch parts of the conversation, but the hum of the city, and the large amount of people was a distraction he was no longer use to.
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice] Republic, 55  
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by dustakr »

Spurius now more confused than before..but willing to find anything that will help solve plot against Caesar...'Well, its a pleasant feeling to see these performances at the Theater..'.

Republic Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Supercape »

Spoiler:
Republic [dice]0[/dice]
"At least the damned play is finished" whispered Cladius in the faintest of whispers, barely audible to even himself. "The actors are fools and the audience are idiots! or maybe it is the other way round..." he said between his misshapen lips. Few listened to Cladius at all, but he was wise enough to keep his mumbling most muted just in case they did.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus rises and applauds appropriately. He gathers his toga and nods at Scaevola.
"Until tomorrow, Publius Servilius Scaevola, I hope the morrow's entertainment is at least as well-performed as this one."

Germanicus makes to leave the Theater and says to his servant in a hushed voice so Scaevola can't hear:
"Give what's left of our food and wine to those men you hired, Claudius, I have a feeling they shall need to be fortified for what is to come."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"I think a couple of us could approach Claudius and ask if we could speak to him while others speak to the Senator and his colleagues," Artemis said to Caelis and Spurius. He started to move towards the Senator, his community's hopeful patron, and his servant.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Claudius dutifully bowed.

"Yes, Marth'ter. Your wish is my command, Marth'ter" he bowed deeply, so as to hide his face more.

Without an audible grumble, and with many a curse in his head, he departed, holding coin for purchase of wine, bread, and meats. He had no love of mercenaries, but then, he had no love for man, beast, or God, bar, perhaps, his master.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis proceeded to intercept the Senator's servant as he departed from the Senator's box at the Theater.

"Ave, Claudius, a moment of your time if I may impose such a burden to have you speak with my colleagues and I, for just a mere moment," Artemis spoke with a smile towards the moving servant and gestured back at Caelis and Spurius.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Caelia comes forward, modestly. It looks like the hooded man is about to run and she doesn't want to scare him off. "Hello Claudius." She says simply.
ooc,We haven't met yet. Caelia is an elegant and very beautiful woman, mid twenties, dressed in simple but expensive clothing. She has an air of capability and kindness about her.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Cladius mumbled something under his breath. He risked a quick glance at the two, before staring stoically at their feet. You could tell quite a bit from a persons feet, he had discovered. Then again, he had a lot of practice.

"I fear I cannot delay, my marth'ter has sent me on errand to procure wine and meats" he explained, spluttering his words. A few splashed of spit ended up perilously close to said feet.

Despite his statement, he did not proceed further, for risk of causing offence. He waited nervously fro what the two had to say.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods at Brook's question and says, "Yes, the change would be devastating. Tread lightly."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sure it will be memorable," said Scaevola, rising and gathering his retinue. "Until tomorrow, Germanicus." He and his servants headed off in a different direction.
OOC,[b]Caelia[/b], don't forget that you may roll Republic as well. You and [b]Titus[/b] are the only ones still eligible to roll who haven't already done it, and his player has disappeared. I'll roll for him if you fail.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Claudius, maybe we could walk with you and that way we do not cause you any delay in meeting the Senator's needs?" Artemis looked at the bowed man and waited for his response. "We need to ask you about something the Queen shared with us, and to me it makes little sense, but you listen and observe everyone, so maybe you might understand much more than this provincial would."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"Yes, let's move away from here, there are far too many people taking too much interest. I suppose that's Romans for you, but even so. And we would not want you to get into trouble Claudius. My name is Calia Alba by the way." Caelia is not bothered by a bit of spit that lands nest to her sandal, narrowly missing a beautiful toe. It is only one of the four humors after all.
Republic,Republic (45%) roll: 12
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've had a thought," Elizabeth whispers to Story, Lucius, and Brook. "If some of us were to infiltrate the conspirators against Caesar, we might see who they associate with to find out how they might be connected to the Brotherhood of the Beast. Our special knowledge puts us in a unique position to do that."
OOC,[b]Titus[/b]'s Republic roll (25% base skill) in the Theater of Pompey: [dice]0[/dice]
Caelia Alba,[b]Caelia[/b] recognized the Senator who had been sitting with [b]Germanicus[/b]. His name was [b]Publius Servilius Scaevola[/b]. Like [b]Germanicus[/b] he was a staunch defender of the Republic, but unlike him, he had opposed naming [b]Julius Caesar[/b] dictator in perpetua, feeling it was too much power for one man to have. [b]Scaevola[/b] had been known to remark that he missed the old days when there were two consuls in Rome, so that no one man had complete control. Given his leanings, it was possible that he could be part of the plot against [b]Caesar[/b]. [b]Scaevola[/b] was also, like [b]Caelia[/b], very interested in Egypt. His villa outside the city had numerous Egyptian-themed decorations and works of art.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by dustakr »

OOC,Spurius Like to roll spot hidden to check if anyone is following them. [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It doesn't look like anyone has been following you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Head bowed, Cladius mumbled his assent and pressed on.

"Speak then as we walk" he grumbled. "I fear I will have few words of import for you. My Marth'ter is a wise and powerful man" he said, allowing the faintest edge to his words, to insidiously suggest he could not lightly be taken advantage of. "Yet I am but a humble slave, not privy to his thoughts" he explained, before approaching, bent over, a wine merchant and perusing the wares.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"That's an excellent idea." Story said to Elizabeth in a lowered voice and continues, "I'm most intrigued with this Brotherhood of the Beast, and while you're right we are in a unique position, we're also on a potential slippery slop. We must be careful."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge

Return to “Episode 1”