Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 1-A Royal Audience(Everyone else)

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy
Cleopatra's Palace- Rome, Italia
Morning - March 14, 44 BC

Story and his comopanions, accompanied by Caelia Alba, Artemis Gaius Sylvius, and Spurius Papirius Valens, made their way through the majestic front entrance to the palace. The inside was even more splendid than the outside. The floors were decorated with mosaics and the walls with murals. Statues with a decided Egyptian theme were also prevalent, including several that had the body of a man and the head of an animal. There was one with the head of a cat, another with what looked like a dog's head, and a few other forms. None of them had the head of a snake, however. The statues were inlaid with gold and precious stones. The group proceeded straight ahead as instructed, and soon everyone came to a lavish antechamber and caught up with Titus Iunius Philo. The augur had walked slowly, so he had only just arrived himself. Two more Egyptian guards flanked a pair of mahogany double doors at the far end of the chamber. In one corner stood Adelphus, speaking with an Egyptian woman in hushed tones. She was not Cleopatra. While her clothing was made of expensive and rare silks from further east than Egypt, she was clearly a servant here, albeit a prominent one.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen.

Re: IC-Ep 1-A Royal Audience(Everyone else)

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:46 am
by aine
Caelia looked around in wonderment at the beauty and lavishness. She recognised some of the statues; Bastet, Anubis and Thoth amongst others.
listen,listen (25%) roll: 14

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:46 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth rolling Listen (stat 38%)
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:51 pm
by jaysun81
Story takes note of Adelphus in the corner with an Egyptian woman.
SUCCESS,[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=74029&macid=0]Listen 34% - [1d100] = 18[/url]

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:14 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b]'s Listen roll (50% skill) to overhear [b]Adelphus[/b] and the Egyptian woman: [dice]0[/dice]
Story/Brook/Caelia,"It's all right," said the woman in Egyptian to [b]Adelphus[/b]. "The important thing is that you got away from that gladiator. Do you know who might have sent him? Who is his master?" "I recognized him right away," said [b]Adelphus[/b]. "He's famous. His name is [b]Aricus Callidus Gladiio[/b], and he earned his freedom in the arena. From time to time he will venture back in for a fight. In fact, [b]Brutus Albinus[/b] just recruited him for tomorrow's games in the Theater of Pompey." "This could be bad. Do you think [b]Albinus[/b] is one of the assassins?" "In truth, I know not, but now that you mention it, he does seem suspect. This may be our only lead, but we dare not show our hand. If he is involved, he is clearly not the only one. I saw many knives in my vision, not just one. What can we do, [b]Nefertiri[/b]? We are running out of time!" "Be calm, [b]Adelphus[/b]. We have a day, and anything can happen. You dare not show your face in the city for the rest of the day, but I can still move about. Tonight I shall send a dream to [b]Calpurnia[/b] in an effort to warn her." "[b]Calpurnia[/b]?" [b]Adelphus[/b] gave her a skeptical look. "Why would [b]Caesar[/b] listen to his wife? It is your mistress he loves." "He loves her, yes, but he respects [b]Calpurnia[/b] and trusts her. He would not heed his own dreams, but he may heed hers. He is a great man, but he is confident, stubborn, and thinks himself invincible. Those qualities that make him an excellent leader also make it harder to save him. As long as we can get [b]Caesar[/b] to stay home tomorrow, he will be safe. We know that it happens tomorrow, and we know it will be in or around the Forum. If [b]Caesar[/b] does not go, he will live. The danger will have passed, and the vision will be broken." "Can it even be broken? I have never had a vision fail before."

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:14 pm
by Ritterton
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   typed out on my cell phone something similar three times while visiting my 89 yr old grandmother, and her connections here at home are problematic..lost them three times. so, adding it even with the info from Handy...Make that four times....as my own laptop apparently decided to self edit the story. LORDY! :evil:  
Artemis was in awe of the opulence of the temple-palace of the Queen of Egypt. Columns of marble and gold with ochre red paint almost hid from the light of the gold, ebony, ivory and bejeweled statues. Artemis tried to hear the lady in up ahead of him as she whispered the various names, but lost his attention as he came abreast of life size statue of a falcon headed deity holding an oval topped T. He stopped and studied the head that was made of gold, ivory, and fine woods. He studied the face, the pose and the adornment.

"He is Horus, son of Osiris and Isis, the battler of darkness," the guard whispered in his deep timbre. Artemis turned and caught the guard's face and noticed that his was pointing to the most exquisite of female forms that was the one statue that did not have an animal head, rather she wore a large headdress of a disc held between horns. Artemis had never seen anything so ornate in its bejeweled
adornments that followed a truly sublime feminine form. "The Queen herself was the model for that statue," the guard's rich toned whisper interrupted his As he studied the statue of fine wood, gold, and jewels criss-crossing the body. Artemis felt his face flush and he quickened his pace hearing the chuckle coming from behind him which only made him blush even more so.

He came up behind the group he had had the good fortune of falling in with. As he did so, he saw an older man bow slightly to a woman finely attired and beautiful in her own right, but not of the same beauty of the statute that had captured his thoughts moments ago. They were conversing and while he caught the name of Caesar and his wife Calpurnia, Artemis could not understand the language. The older man bowed slightly and started to turn as the group came to a stop. The woman was finely dressed and wore gold and small jewels, all of which exceed any value that the retired soldier had ever seen in his life.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm sorry you had to go through all that. You failed the Listen roll, so you do not hear anything that [b]Adelphus[/b] and the woman are saying, not even the names. Had you succeeded at the roll, I would have created a separate spoiler button for you listing the names they spoke. Since you don't speak Egyptian, that's most likely all you'd have gotten, but I would have given you the chance to roll against the base Other Language skill at 01%. In any case, you should not have opened the spoiler button above, as your character's name is not on it. Also, please refrain from putting words in an NPC's mouth. If you wish to speak to an NPC, you may do so, and I will have them reply.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:26 am
by dustakr
Listen Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Spurius was lagging behind on each turn with group, considering he was on his own at mercy of guards in this big palace..he quickly catches up with group again..meanwhile he recognizes old man Adelphus from that far distance...

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
Spurius Papirius Valens,[b]Spurius[/b] could hear the two conversing in Egyptian. While the language was unfamiliar to him, he could clearly make out the names they referenced. [b]Adelphus[/b] mentioned [b]Aricus Callidus Gladio[/b], tha gladiator they had met in the Forum, and both of them mentioned [b]Brutus Albinus[/b], who had been there too. [b]Adelphus[/b] referred to the woman as [b]Nefertiri[/b], and they also discussed [b]Calpurnia[/b], the wife of [b]Julius Caesar[/b], and [b]Caesar[/b] himself. [spoiler]Spurius, you may roll Other Language: Egyptian, which has a base skill of 01%, to see if you are able to understand anything further.[/spoiler]

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:25 pm
by Thorn
Brook listen 45 % [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:25 pm
by aine
Caelia turns very pale as she listens to the old man and the Egyptian noble woman. She looks around to see if anyone else had heard them and she catches Story's eye. The Queen was unlikely to wish to be bothered by the group when something much larger was at stake. But then maybe they could help;although they'd have to tread carefully not be suspected as spies - or worse.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] could tell that both [b]Adelphus[/b] and the woman he called [b]Nefertiri[/b] had the same accent, and a very odd one at that. It did not sound quite like anything she had ever heard, before or after she had started traveling in the TARDIS. The difference was subtle, but she could detect it. Though the voices sounded human, or at least a very good approximation, there was something just a little off about them. [spoiler][b]Brook[/b], you may read the spoiler button above that was originally labeled just for [b]Story[/b] and [b]Caelia[/b]. In addition, you get the information described above.[/spoiler]

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:52 am
by dustakr
language roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:24 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks to Story, frowning a little at what she'd picked up from the hushed conversation. "Quite a moment in time..." She moves closer to Story, speaking quietly. "I'm not sure they're from around here..."

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:16 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth looks quizzically, as she sees Brook speak quietly to Story.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:47 pm
by jaysun81
Shifting his attention to Brook, Story says, "Agreed... though I must confess, I'm unsure how to proceed at the moment."

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy
The servant woman continued to speak briefly in Egyptian, then stopped when she looked at the large group of people who had entered the chamber.
Story/Brook/Caelia,"I don't know," said [b]Nefertiri[/b], "but we have to try. Wait, who are these people?"
OOC,[b]Titus Iunius Philo[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill): [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:55 pm
by aine
Caelia bows to the Egyptian woman and speaks to her in Egyptian,
Egyptian,(roll: 24) (Status roll: 61)[color=#0000BF]"Madame, may the light of the heavens shine on you always, I am Caelia Alba, daughter of Caelius Albus Graecus, last year I had the honour of delivering the first son of Kemsiyet, companion of the royal household, may it be forever fruitful, here at the palace. I bring my friends who have news from the southern Delta, if you wish, they can introduce themselves. But I think you may already have had the news. In which case, may I offer our assistance? And would madame condescend to speak in Roman so that all may understand?"[/color]

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy
The Egyptian woman smiled at Caelia and switched to Latin. "Your reputation precedes you, Caelia Alba," she said. "You are always welcome here in the house of the great Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile. I am Nefertiri, body servant to Her Majesty. Any friends of yours are friends of ours, and any assistance you can offer would be most welcome."

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 am
by aine
Caelia Alba turns to her companions, "Nefertiri has already heard that there is a plot to assassinate Caesar, so our news is in fact old news." She smiles wryly at Story and hopes that the others will take the hint, shocking though it is. "I have vouched for you so I put my trust in you all and have offered our assistance, if that is still acceptable to you?"

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy
"You know of the plot?" asked Nefertiri, raising a kohl-shadowed eyebrow. "Please, tell me your news. Any piece of information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could be the key to preserving Caesar's life. You may know things we do not."
OOC,[b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], and [b]Brook[/b], you may roll History.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:17 am
by jaysun81
Story nods at Caelia while quickly re-evaluating everything he knows so far before speaking.
SUCCESS,[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=74581&macid=0]History 55% - [1d100] = 27[/url]

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Story,[b]Story[/b] knew quite a bit about the assassination of [b]Julius Caesar[/b]. He knew that it would happen tomorrow, on the Ides of March, in the Theater of Pompey. A group of Senators who believed they were slaying a tyrant to save the Republic conspired to kill him, but instead they plunged the Republic into a new civil war that resulted in it becoming the Roman Empire. The most prominent Senators involved were [b]Gaius Cassius Longinus[/b] and [b]Marcus Brutus[/b], the latter of whom had been [b]Caesar[/b]'s protege, but he knew the names of a few others. [b]Decimus Brutus Albinus[/b]. who had been mentioned by [b]Adelphus[/b] and [b]Nefertiri[/b], was not to be confused with [b]Marcus Brutus[/b], though the two of them had been related. [b]Servilius Casca[/b] was another of the conspirators who had gotten cold feet. On the day of the assassination, he went and told [b]Marc Antony[/b] of the plot, but the general had not moved quickly enough to save [b]Caesar[/b]. When [b]Caesar[/b] had gone to the Theater of Pompey to attend gladiatorial games sponsored by [b]Albinus[/b], he had been lured into a side chamber on the pretext that [b]Lucius Tillius Cimber[/b], another of the conspirators, wanted to present him with a petition to rescind the exile of his brother. The Senators surrounded and stabbed [b]Caesar[/b] repeatedly. [b]Story[/b] couldn't help but be concerned at the danger of changing history. He was in the presence of people who wanted to save [b]Caesar[/b] - at least one of whom appeared to not be human. Any information they revealed to them could help them to achieve their end, which they had failed to do in the history with which he was familiar.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:30 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth rolling History (stat 70%)
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:59 pm
by Thorn
Brook rolling history (20 %)
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:52 pm
by dustakr
Spurius in all curiousness mumbles from back so that only group can hear but not Nefertiri and Adelphus ...'Arent we supposed to ask questions instead of giving away what we know...can we not invite them to town for healthy and friendly talk..they will also enjoy festival at forum?'

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:01 am
by jaysun81
While Spurius mumbles to the group Story momentarily turns away from Caelia and Nefertiri. Then turning back around he says, "Foretold events are not something that can be messed with my dear Nefertiri. Adelphus should know that. When an attempt to subvert Fate does occur she has a tendency to lash out in the most nasty of ways. Tread lightly for Fate heeds no one, human..." Briefly glancing at Adelphus, "or otherwise."

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:48 am
by Ritterton
Artemis' mind races with the information that has been shared with him. Who would plot such a thing against Ceasar, surely not someone in the military, he thought to himself. He catches the eyes of the woman who had shared this news and asked for their collective assistance. He smiles and nods in agreement indicating that he would help with her efforts.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] knew the basic facts about the assassination of [b]Julius Caesar[/b]. She knew that it would happen tomorrow, on the Ides of March, in or around the Forum. A group of Senators who believed they were slaying a tyrant to save the Republic conspired to kill him, but instead they plunged the Republic into a new civil war that resulted in it becoming the Roman Empire. The most prominent Senators involved were [b]Gaius Cassius Longinus[/b] and [b]Marcus Brutus[/b], the latter of whom had been [b]Caesar[/b]'s protege. The Senators had surrounded and stabbed [b]Caesar[/b] repeatedly. [b]Elizabeth[/b] couldn't help but be concerned at the danger of changing history. She was in the presence of people who wanted to save [b]Caesar[/b] - at least one of whom appeared to not be human. Any information they revealed to them could help them to achieve their end, which they had failed to do in the history with which she was familiar.
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] knew an awful lot about the assassination of [b]Julius Caesar[/b], as she had written a paper on the subject for school shortly before she had run away and joined the TARDIS crew. She knew that it would happen tomorrow, on the Ides of March, in the Theater of Pompey. A group of Senators who believed they were slaying a tyrant to save the Republic conspired to kill him, but instead they plunged the Republic into a new civil war that resulted in it becoming the Roman Empire between rivals to succeed him, [b]Marc Antony[/b] and [b]Octavian Caesar[/b] (the nephew of [b]Julius Caesar[/b] and his declared heir), the latter of whom ultimately prevailed. [b]Cleopatra[/b] had a son she named [b]Caesarion[/b], allegedly [b]Julius Caesar[/b]'s son, though it was debatable whether or not he was truly the boy's father. She joined forces with [b]Marc Antony[/b], but [b]Octavian[/b] ultimately prevailed and made sure [b]Caesarion[/b] was killed. Then he took the name Augustus and became the first Roman Emperor. The most prominent Senators involved in the plot were [b]Gaius Cassius Longinus[/b] and [b]Marcus Junius Brutus[/b], the latter of whom had been [b]Caesar[/b]'s protege (and some said his son, though the truth of that was questionable), but she knew the names of many of the others. [b]Decimus Brutus Albinus[/b]. who had been mentioned by [b]Adelphus[/b] and [b]Nefertiri[/b], was not to be confused with [b]Marcus Brutus[/b], though the two of them had been related. [b]Marcus Brutus[/b]'s mother [b]Servilia[/b] had been [b]Caesar[/b]'s former mistress. She was not believed to be involved, though she had sheltered her son and his co-conspirators at her home after the assassination. [b]Servilius Casca[/b] was another of the conspirators who had gotten cold feet. On the day of the assassination, he went and told [b]Marc Antony[/b] of the plot, but the general had not moved quickly enough to save [b]Caesar[/b]. [b]Caesar[/b] had at first decided to stay home that morning, persuaded by his wife [b]Calpurnia[/b], who had had an ominous dream the night before. However, [b]Albinus[/b] visited him and convinced him to come to the Theater of Pompey, where [b]Albinus[/b] had arranged gladiatorial games. By the time [b]Antony[/b] had gotten to his home, [b]Caesar[/b] had already left. When [b]Caesar[/b] had gone to the Theater of Pompey, he had been lured into a side chamber on the pretext that [b]Lucius Tillius Cimber[/b], another of the conspirators, wanted to present him with a petition to rescind the exile of his brother. The Senators had surrounded and stabbed [b]Caesar[/b] repeatedly. Following [b]Caesar[/b]'s death, the people were outraged. The murderers had thought people would thank them, but [b]Caesar[/b] had been very popular with the masses. When nobody took immediate action against the killers, the people rioted, setting numerous fires (which were a huge danger in ancient Rome). Eventually rivals [b]Marc Antony[/b] and [b]Octvian[/b] teamed up to fight the assassins and their supporters, defeating them in the end. However, once they had been dealt with, the two became bitter foes. [b]Brook[/b] couldn't help but be concerned at the danger of changing history. She was in the presence of people who wanted to save [b]Caesar[/b] - at least one of whom appeared to not be human. Any information they revealed to them could help them to achieve their end, which they had failed to do in the history with which she was familiar. [spoiler][b]Brook[/b], with that critical success, anything you know or can research regarding [b]Caesar[/b]'s assassination, you can assume that your character knows it too. In addition, I may give you relevant information that comes up later.[/spoiler]

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy
"We thank you for your support and aid," Nefertiri told Artemis. "In addition to sharing information with us, we could use you to be our eyes and ears in Rome. Unearth whatever you can find in your investigations, and report it back to us. Time is short, so we must move quickly."

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:20 pm
by aine
Caelia says to Nefertiri, "I'm afraid I have no knowledge personally, yet; but I have good connections and may be able to find something out if you know where I could look. I may also be on hand at the games tomorrow, helping to patch up the wounded competitors."

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy
"Excellent," said Nefertiri, smiling at Caelia. "I knew we could depend upon you."

Adelphus had been deep in thought at Spurius's words. "Is it even possible to cheat Fate, I wonder?" he said.

"If everything is predestined, why do anything?" Nefertiri replied. "Why strive towards a goal? Why eat? Why even breathe? If you were fated to live, would you not still live? No, there is no fate but what we choose, Adelphus."

"And yet, my auguries have always come to pass."

"What is the good in knowing the future if you cannot do anything about it?"

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:07 am
by Ritterton
"Kind lady," Artemis turns towards Nefertiri and addresses her, "are there certain people we should be looking for regarding this plot against Caesar?"

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:19 am
by aine
Caelia turns in surprise as Artemis speaks and then tries to hide her puzzlement; who is this person? He certainly wasn't with them outside the palace and she doesn't remember him coming in with the group. She hopes she isn't asked to explain his presence too. Still, he seems alright and helpful enough.

She regains her composure and says to Adelpus, "I have treated many people for sickness and injury; some came before me with foretold certainty that this was their end, but, with medical intervention they went on to live for many more years. The gods may decide our ultimate fate but maybe they look favourably on those who make an effort to help themselves." She casts a brief eye up to watch out for thunderbolts.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:00 pm
by dustakr
OOC,does offering Adelphus / Nefertiri my service as bodyguard back in town or for next day..will it blow my current cover as bodyguard, also did Adelphus saw me in forum, same way I spotted him.

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
"Wisely spoken," said Nefertiri to Caelia.

"Indeed, you are as wise as you are beautiful," said Adelphus. "Your patients' fates were not avoided, merely postponed. All men must die in the end, for they are all mortal. We could save Caesar, and my vision could still come to pass at a later time. Who is to say that my vision will not be fulfilled on the Ides of March in a future year, or that Caesar will not be merely wounded rather than slain? As to who may be involved in this plot, I suspect the gladiator Aricus Callidus Gladio. He chased me back at the Forum, but I managed to elude him. There is also Senator Decimus Brutus Albinus. He has arranged for the gladiator to fight in his games tomorrow. I do not know who else to suspect."
Spurius,You don't know if [b]Adelphus[/b] saw you or not. It's up to you whether or not you want to ask him. If you are posing as [b]Caelia[/b]'s bodyguard, offering your services to [b]Adelphus[/b] and [b]Nefertiri[/b] may look rather odd. If [b]Caelia[/b] makes the offer to lend you to them, however, that probably wouldn't arouse suspicion. Of course, you'd still have to find a way to communicate the notion to her without them hearing.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:11 am
by Thorn
Brook stands thinking, frowning a bit as she struggles with her dilemma. Glancing to Story, she shrugs a little and gives a half smile, not sure what to do.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:56 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at Adelphus and says, "It will come to pass. There is no stopping it, the only thing for you to do is prepare for it. Do not be a fool and tinker about with things that are not yours to change. You were graced with a glimpse to prepare... not stall, not alter." Stroking his chin he continues, "I'm telling you... don't. Don't change what the heavens have decreed. Everything has a season and whether good or bad they must come to an end. All we can do is make the most of the time we've been granted. Your gift is just that... a gift, to prepare you and those closest to you. Again, I urge you do not attempt to cheat fate..." Looking around at everyone he says, "Some events, some circumstances are meant to happen in a very specific way... to disturb the event will have ramifications that will reverberate through time and forever change the future." Returning his gaze to Adelphus he concludes, "You my good Adelphis are no Lord of time, merely a favored servant as your gift attests to. Use it wisely!"

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy
"I just don't know..." said Adelphus. "If Caesar falls, all is lost!"

"Perhaps not," said Nefertiri, deep in thought. "There may be another way, but we must at least do our best to save him. I cannot stand by and do nothing, knowing that he will die if I do not act. In any case, seeking out the truth of this matter is not the same as altering the events to come. There are dark forces at work here that must be stopped. And if, despite our best efforts, we fall to stop them, Caesar must still be avenged."

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:36 am
by dustakr
'...let me also help..'Spurius looking down to floor standing still...'lady Caelia, give me chance to help these people..'; Spurius then looks towards Adelphus;'i can be on guard duty for you back at forum, in case anyone tries to chase you back to the Palace...again'

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:00 pm
by Ritterton
In his mind, he just couldn't process what was being said. A plot against Ceasar, Fortuna already casting judgment against the general who had led Rome's army to greatness? He continued to listen and to observe, if there was something that could be done to save the leader of Rome, then he would help.

"Who could plot such a thing?" he asked aloud.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:02 pm
by aine
Caelia has been thinking about the ramifications. "Well, we know when it might happen and it may just happen whatever we do to try to prevent it. But, we can at least be on hand to catch the perpetrators red handed if we can't stop it, and - shouldn't the Queen be warned? I don't know - who would step into Caesar's sandals if he were killed? Or, another question, who ought to take his place for the good of Rome? We can also warn or help them too."

She looks at Spurius, "My man here is very trustworthy and capable, Adelphus. I could spare him if you need him."

And then turns to Story, "Who says things should happen in a certain way or else? If we were to save Caesar then of course it would change the future but what makes one future worse or better than another one? We don't know which future is the one to choose; we can only do what we think is best at this moment in time. And unfortunately, I've been so busy with my studies that I'm not up with the latest in the politics at the moment so I can't hope to guess what would happen should Caesar die tomorrow."

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone who isn't part of the TARDIS crew may make a Republic roll to see what you know about the current political situation and [b]Caesar[/b]'s potential successors.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:54 am
by Ritterton
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] republic 55

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:43 pm
by aine
republic,Republic (45) roll:38%

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you for the offer, kind lady," Adelphus told Caelia. "I will be safe enough in the palace. I dare not show my face in Rome today regardless...though perhaps I could wear another..."

"I have informed the Queen of what I know already, which is regrettably little," said Nefertiri. "All we have is the vision of Adelphus. Caesar's rightful heir is his son Caesarion, whose mother is none other than Queen Cleopatra, who should naturally act as his regent until he comes of age."

"Indeed," said Adelphus, "though the Romans may not see things that way. Many would see it as Egyptian rule, and Roman pride cannot stomach that. They will look towards one of their own. Perhaps his nephew, Octavian."

"An untried and callow youth. No, more likely they would support Marcus Antonius, Caesar's right hand and fellow consul. They want a military hero, one with victories under his belt. How many triumphs has Octavian had?"
Caelia Alba,[b]Caelia[/b] knew that under Roman law, [b]Caesarion[/b], being at best a bastard child, was not eligible to be [b]Caesar[/b]'s heir even if the toddler was indeed his son - and there was plenty of doubt about that. [b]Antony[/b] was certainly popular, and could potentially be a successor to [b]Caesar[/b]. [b]Octavian[/b] wasn't even in Rome at present, being educated and trained in military matters in Appolonia, but should he return, he could perhaps garner support as well. Another faction to consider would be the plotters themselves. Did they intend to rule Rome after they disposed of [b]Caesar[/b]?

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 am
by dustakr
republic roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:59 am
by jaysun81
Story doesn't respond to Caelia as he weighs the dire situation that he and his companions find themselves in.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:18 am
by Ritterton
Artemis' mind continued to grapple with the ramifications of what was being discussed. Caesar could be assassinated and Rome would be in chaos. What could be behind such a horrific effort, he asked himself.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:19 am
by aine
"I suppose, on the face of it, Marcus Antonius would be the most popular here in Rome. I heard recently though that Octavian has support out in the provinces though, maybe enough to cause trouble. But these people who plan to assassinate Caesar; why would they, unless they plan on putting their own man in Caesar's place? I wonder who it could be. Is Anthony above suspicion?" Caelia sighs, it looks like a lot of blood shed ahead.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy
"Truly, I do not know," said Adelphus. "That is something you and your friends will need to help determine."

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
The huge, elegant doors at the far end of the room swung open, and an Egyptian herald emerged. "The great Queen Cleopatra will now give her visitors an audience!" he bellowed.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:43 pm
by aine
Caelia takes a deep breath and unconsciously smooths down the front of her toga. She walks towards the throne room.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:18 pm
by dustakr
Spurius Unnoticeably glances towards Adelphus.. then rushes down the hall behind Caeila..thinking about '..should I report this back to Cavalry..'

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:54 am
by Ritterton
"I am meeting the Queen," Artemis whispered to himself with a level of amazement in his voice. Hesitantly, he followed along with those that proceeded into the audience chamber. However, the earlier conversation weighed heavily upon his mind and heart for what it implied surely spelt chaos for the City and the Republic.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:52 am
by jaysun81
Story exhales and looks at his companions and makes a sweeping gesture for them to proceed him.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:03 am
by Ritterton
OOC:  
jaysun81 wrote:Story exhales and looks at his companions and makes a sweeping gesture for them to proceed him.
Safe travels and enjoy. Virginia, love visiting there...hope the weather cooperates!

Sorry this got posted somehow on the wrong board and delete is not an option any longer.  

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:28 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth raises her eyebrows in response to Story and starts walking towards the door, saying "Coming Brook, Lucius?". Still rather agog.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:36 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods and follows, wide eyed. Wow...Cleopatra....Wonder if she's as pretty as they say...

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius nodded and followed Brook and Elizabeth, and after him Story passed through the double doors. Last of all came Nefertiri, and then the herald closed the doors behind them, remaining inside Queen Cleopatra's audience chamber. This room was even grander and more lavish than the antechamber through which they had passed to get here. Cleopatra herself sat upon a majestic throne made of white marble. While she looked great, she wasn't as physically attractive as the stories said, but nonetheless she had an impressive presence about her. She carried herself with an air of majesty and dignity, of someone who was used to getting her way. A red silk carpet led all the way up to the throne. Brook recalled the tale of how she was smuggled into Julius Caesar's presence in Egypt rolled up in a carpet, and she couldn't help but wonder if that was the one. The chamber was also decorated with various tapestries and statues, with gold and jewels in abundance.

"Behold the great and powerful Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile, ruler of Egypt, and friend of Rome!" boomed the herald in his deep resounding voice, which was perhaps why he was chosen for his job. "Bow in her presence, honored guests!"

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:27 am
by aine
Even with all her experience in elevated circles, Caelia is still over awed by the magesty of the Queen and her surroundings. She has never seen such intricately carved marble in such a size, and the queen? It is obvious that her beauty is enhanced by force of personality, she is positively glowing from within.
Caelia bows low.

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:22 pm
by Thorn
Brook bows low, just to be on the safe side. Smiling, she sneaks a peek around the lavish room, especially the carpet, before looking back towards the Queen of the Nile. She bites her lip to stifle a small giggle. Queen of denial...

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:41 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis rendered a military salute first then dropped to a bended knee in the presence of the Queen. He replayed the initial glance he had of her and her royal apartment in his mind as he also bowed his head in silence. He wanted to be able to describe this event, this location to his children when he returned with the good news he received earlier in the day. The entire day was one he would remember for the rest of his life.

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:06 pm
by jaysun81
Upon entering the room Story quickly scans the area taking in as much as possible. Hearing the herald's call he bows before the Queen and hopes for the best.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:28 pm
by dustakr
Spurius bows down..wondering what more to expect from this day...

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth bows as low as she can without risking falling over.

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius bowed as well, along with everyone else. Cleopatra smiled upon her throne and raised her hand slightly. "You may rise," she said at last, her voice magnificent and alluring. Her visitors realized that it was the sound of her voice that was most likely the driving force behind the tales of her beauty. When she spoke, it sounded as sweet as honey, her pitch and volume utterly perfect. "Welcome, friends. What brings you into our presence today?"

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:57 pm
by aine
Caelia looks round at the others before answering the beautiful Queen. "Your Esteemed Majesty. I am Caelia Alba, physician and first daughter of Caelius Albus Graecus, the great Roman physician. I am from Rome but I have traveled widely to Greece and Egypt and I love your beautiful country greatly.

I am here today with my friends to warn you of a terrible plot to assassinate Caesar. We realise now that you were already aware of the plot but we have all agreed to help in whatever way we can and have been speaking to Nefertiri about this."
She looks at the others again, "Has anyone got anything to add?"

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:18 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis rose and shook his head "no" at Caelia's question, his eyes still fixated on the Queen. Then realizing he was staring, he looked down in embarrassment.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:33 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at Caelia then at the Queen before saying, "Most great and powerful Queen Cleopatra, while it is true that there is a plot afoot to assassinate Caesar I beg of you to not interfere. I've seen the days to come and Shai has decided the way she desires the story to be told. Humbly I request that you not intervene... what has yet to happen has been set in stone. No man, or woman, may bring about change lest they bring down the harshest of rebukes from Shai herself." Story yet again bows before the Queen. Upon standing upright he keeps his head bowed and eyes to the floor.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Cleopatra smiled upon Caelia. "You are always welcome here, Caelia Alba. The service that you and your father have done for Egypt is well known to us, and we are ever grateful. Likewise we are doubly grateful for your offer of further aid. Any knowledge you may possess of the plot would be most welcome, and anything you and your friends can do to safeguard our friend Caesar would be appreciated by both Egypt and Rome." Then she favored Story with a frown. "And who are you to speak for Shai? One of my servants informed us that you came from the Temple of Thoth in Khmun. Are Thoth and Shai lovers now?" She raised an eyebrow. "That would be a piece of gossip we have not yet heard."

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:36 am
by jaysun81
Story looks upon Cleopatra and says, "You are correct Shai is not Thoth's wife, for his wife is Ma'at. I'm merely a traveling soothsayer who has been to various Temples for a season. Furthermore, I have been blessed to have seen many things that have been and many more that will be... things which can only be attributed to the masterful crafting of Shai. It's because of the balance Thoth seeks to maintain as well as the story Shai wishes to tell that I speak out." Story looks at Adelphus while continuing to speak to the Queen, "Some in your own court know this event to be the will of Shai." He again looks upon her and bows his head, looking at the floor.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Adelphus had remained in the antechamber, but he was still visible through the still open doors. "Adelphus has seen some of the same things you have, it is true," said Cleopatra. "That does lend confirmation to the fact that the plot exists, but we cannot merely remain idle and let Caesar die. We must make an effort to save him, even if that effort is ultimately in vain. If the gods truly wish him dead, then nothing we can do will prevent that."

"My Queen," said Nefertiri, "there is something to what he says that makes sense, though I too disagree with his recommended course of action...or rather, inaction. There is a group of those who claim to be servants of Thoth, a secret brotherhood. They are active in Egypt, but they no doubt have a presence here in Rome as well. Perhaps they are behind this plot against Caesar. The ones who worship the Sphinx, of whom I told you before."

"Ah, now things become clearer." Cleopatra regarded Story anew, suspicion in her gaze. "Are you a part of this brotherhood? You travel all around, to Egypt and to Rome. You claim to know Thoth's will and insist that it not be defied. You will explain yourself fully to our satisfaction."

The Egyptian guards present in the throne room tensed, and the slaves looked on nervously.
OOC,[b]Elizabeth[/b] and [b]Lucius[/b], you may roll Cthulhu Mythos. Everyone, including the two of them, may also roll Occult.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:43 am
by Ritterton
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice] have to get less than 5%---> and I missed it  

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:20 pm
by aine
Caelia looks at Storey with concern; who is this traveller who can see the future? He doesn't seem too concerned about the future of Rome at the moment or about them helping Caesar and she begins to doubt her judgement about helping him and his party into the palace.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:38 pm
by dustakr
Occult Roll,[dice]0[/dice]. General question, what does Occult tell more about on success..
...Spurius unable to understand what Story has to say...but well aware of situation gets little nervous as well...still looking down.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:09 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth rolling Cthulhu Mythos (stat 5%)
[dice]0[/dice]

Elizabeth rolling Occult (stat 5%)
[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:09 am
by jaysun81
"I'm afraid I possess no knowledge of a secret brotherhood devoted to Thoth. If I was to claim special allegiance to one specific god in the Egyptian pantheon it would be Heh. That said your Majesty, I've traversed the eons, seen the hands of both Shai and Thoth at work throughout the ages as empires having rising and falling. Though the fall of Caeser will cause pain for many, trust me... like a phoenix from its ashes new life will spring forth. My associates and I will assist in whatever way we can for the good of Rome. If a secret brotherhood is attempting to subvert Fate, or rather manipulate Fate for their own purposes they must be stopped. Dark forces such as the Black Pharaoh have been known to dabble in human affairs for their own nefarious ends." Looks at his friends and then concludes, "My companions and I are at your disposal Cleopatra, Queen of Kings." Once again bows before the Queen, keeping his eyes to the floor.
FAILURE,[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=76338&macid=0]Occult 20% - [1d100] = 85[/url]

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Cleopatra's frown turned to a smile, and the tension eased. "That is much better spoken," she replied to Story. "It is well that you revere Heh. Time is so precious, and we have so little of it."

"The Sphinx..." said Lucius. "Something about that is familiar, but I cannot quite put my finger on it."

"I'm familiar with the Sphinx and its riddle," said Titus. "Oedipus was said to have solved the riddle and defeated the Sphinx, saving the city of Thebes - the one in Greece, not the one in Egypt. He tried to defy Fate, and in so doing he ended up causing his Fate - a terrible one - to befall him. I have heard of a group in Egypt who worship the Sphinx. They are known as the Brotherhood of the Beast, and they are a particularly dangerous bunch."

"Yes, those are the ones," said Nefertiri observing both him and Story with growing interest. "And you know of the Black Pharaoh as well, and oppose him. That is good. You are indeed the right people for the task at hand."

"Indeed," said Cleopatra. "We accept your offer of service. What we require is for you to discover everything you can about this plot, and about the Brotherhood of the Beast's presence in Rome and possible involvement. You may return to the palace to report what you have learned to Nefertiri at any time, but do so no later than tonight. We know we have until tomorrow, but no longer. Is there anyone else you can think of who may be able to aid our cause?"

"Senator Germanicus, my patron," suggested Titus. "He is a great friend of Caesar, and he will stop at nothing to protect him, or failing that, to avenge him."

"Excellent," said the queen. "Is there anything else any of you wishes to say?"
OOC,On a successful roll, Occult would tell you relevant information to the conversation from mythology or other esoteric knowledge of the supernatural, but it would not tell you information related to the Mythos (that's where the Cthulhu Mythos skill comes in, and you usually have to go a little crazy or read a forbidden tome before you get points in that). However, as you failed the roll, it tells you nothing. [b]Lucius[/b]'s Cthulhu Mythos roll (5% skill): [dice]0[/dice] [b]Lucius[/b]'s Occult roll (15% skill): [dice]1[/dice] [b]Titus[/b]'s Occult roll (75% skill): [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:36 am
by Ritterton
"Your Majesty, Artemis raised his head and looked at the face of the Queen. "Why would this brotherhood want to harm Caesar, and why is it associated with a black king?

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
"Our servant Nefertiri is the expert in such matters," said Cleopatra. "We will allow her to answer your question."

"The Black Pharaoh was a tyrant who ruled Egypt in ancient times," said Nefertiri. "Reports of the end of his reign are vague, but there are still those who long for his return. However, they have nothing to do with the Brotherhood of the Beast as far as I know. The Brotherhood of the Beast worships the Sphinx, and in the recent civil war they supported Pompey. We supported Caesar. Pompey fled to Egypt seeking refuge, but he was slain there instead. The Brotherhood may want revenge. I do not know their inner workings or their motivations, however. I do not even know if they are involved in the plot against Caesar for certain, but there is reason to suspect them. It is for you and your friends to determine the truth of the matter."

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:25 pm
by Thorn
Brook Occult roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Brook tensed a bit when the tone grew suspiscious, but relaxed again as the situation diffused. She tries to remember all the names mentioned, comparing them to what she can remember from her essay on Caesar from school.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:40 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth pays close attention to what is said, trying to remember the key names, so they can investigate properly, even if - like Story - she does not believe in changing the future.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:34 pm
by aine
Occult,Roll: 86 (fail)
Caelia ponders,
"I was supposed to be meeting my father this afternoon. He has spent the morning at the baths with his compatriots, some of which are important senators and generals. I will ask him if he has heard anything odd today. At the games tomorrow I may be able to help backstage with the wounded competitors. Or I could remain with my father and the other nobles near Caesar's box; I don't know where I'd be most useful.

Also, this could get rather dangerous if this Brotherhood of the Beast get wind of our investigations and we should all take precautions to protect ourselves.

And we'd better hurry up if we are to find anything out by tonight!"
She finishes with a wry smile.

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy
"Wisely spoken," said Cleopatra to Caelia. "Proceed however you think best with your investigation. If you need anything to help you, you have but to ask."
Brook Davies,[b]Nefertiri[/b]'s description of [b]Pompey[/b]'s end fit with what [b]Brook[/b] knew, but she hadn't mentioned one key thing: when [b]Caesar[/b] saw that [b]Pompey[/b] had been murdered when the assassins brought him his head, he was furious with the killers. They had thought that he would be pleased with them for destroying his enemy, but he was outraged. He had had [b]Pompey[/b]'s betrayers and the Egyptians who had assisted them severely punished, with some of them put to death. [b]Pompey[/b] may have been [b]Caesar[/b]'s enemy, but he was also a former ally and had married [b]Caesar[/b]'s daughter.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:44 pm
by aine
"Well then, I shall proceed to the baths and return here with any news an hour after sunset. Spurius, would you be able to accompany me? In case things get - awkward." Caelia looks at Artemis and Story, "What will you do and is that a convenient time for you all?"

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:11 pm
by Ritterton
"I agree, kind lady," Artemis bowed his head slightly when he addressed the physician. ""I have a room in near the military quarters of the City and can ask some of the fellow retirees about the politics of the City and if there is any word of the Sphinx or Pompey's supporters." Artemis also thought he might try to find one of the leaders of the Mythrium and inquire about any reasons to believe a sense of darkness was rising in the heart of the Republic.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:12 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks to Story. "Wasn't Pompey Caesar's son in law? I read he got furious when Pompey was killed. If that Brotherhood is out to get revenge for Pompey, then they should go after those that killed him, not Caesar. Caesar didn't even want him killed."

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:07 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC:   I'm stumped for ideas about where to look, not knowing enough about Ancient Rome. Could we try an idea roll or similar to see if our characters have any better ideas? :)  

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:29 am
by Mr. Handy
"That much is true," said Nefertiri, "but Caesar himself already punished Pompey's killers. As I said, I do not know their motivations for certain, but I believe they seek power in its many forms. They backed Pompey in the civil war, and they may have been more angered at the lost opportunity his death presented. Perhaps there is something more at play here. Perhaps they wish to rule Rome, and Caesar is in their way."
OOC,Yes, everyone is free to roll Idea.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:16 am
by dustakr
Spurius agreeing to what Caelia asked...'We better take leave from this palace..any chance you might need more Cavalry support to where you are going...' 'do these brotherhood have any place to live where we can go and have talk with them...' Spurius questions whereabouts of brotherhood to Nefertiri.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:10 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth rolling Idea (stat 65%)
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:49 pm
by Ritterton
OOC:   idea 70 [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:11 am
by aine
Caelia Idea (85%) roll: 52

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:46 pm
by jaysun81
Story opens his mouth to respond to Brook, but when Nefertiri answers he merely closes his mouth and smiles nodding in agreement.
FAILURE,[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=77358&macid=0]Idea 65% - [1d100] = 77[/url]

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:38 am
by dustakr
IDEA roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
"If the Brotherhood of the Beast operates in Rome," Nefertiri told Spurius, "it is in secret, as is most everything they do. If only we knew where they were, it would be easier to root them out."
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] knew exactly who the leaders of the plot against [b]Caesar[/b] were by nature of being from the future: [b]Brutus[/b] and [b]Cassius[/b]. Seeing who they associated with, perhaps even infiltrating their organization, might be a way of learning if there was anyone involved who was connected to the Brotherhood of the Beast. Another thing occurred to her. Perhaps some of those supporting [b]Caesar[/b] had their own agenda, just as the Brotherhood of the Beast did by supporting [b]Pompey[/b].
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] did recall reading something about [b]Germanicus[/b] doing research for her school paper. He had been a Senator and a staunch ally of [b]Caesar[/b]'s. He was barely more than a historical footnote, and most people in her time would not have heard of him.
Caelia Alba/Artemis Gaius Sylvius,Talking to [b]Germanicus[/b] was probably the best place to start. Not only was he unflinchingly loyal to [b]Caesar[/b], but he had wealth, power, resources, and connections. If anyone could lead the effort, it would be him. At this time of day, he would probably be in the Theater of Pompey, taking in the holiday entertainment.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:39 am
by Ritterton
"I might be able to talk to the Senator Germanicus," Artemis shared aloud. "I had run into him in the Forum earlier and might be able to recall where he and his odd manservant were heading."

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:03 pm
by aine
Caelia nods, "Germanicus would definitely be worth talking to. We'll walk with you at least as far as the baths. Let's go. Are you ready Spurius? We'll take our leave now if we may, O Queen?"

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:32 am
by Ritterton
"I would be truly honored, kind lady," Artemis bowed his head slight to Caelia. He turned towards the Queen and her servant, capturing a look of the legend of the Republic then bowed deeply. "Your majesty, truly I am your humble servant and ask your leave in hopes of stopping this evil brotherhood's plans."

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy
"You may go, with our fondest wishes for your success," said Queen Cleopatra. "You are welcome to return at any time you have something to report, but see that you tell us what you have discovered no later than tonight."

As the group left the throne room, it reentered the antechamber where Adelphus stood waiting.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:16 am
by Ritterton
"Germanicus was heading to the Theater of Pompey," Artemis spoke Caelia as the walked back into the antechamber. "We should probably start there and see if we could find him, or his um..uh...manservant.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:01 pm
by aine
"That sounds like a plan. Why, what's the matter with his manservant?" Caelia takes her leave of the rest of the group, looks at the hooded Adelphus and then heads towards the exit with Artemis and Spurius.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:01 pm
by Ritterton
"Well, he is very disfigured, and Germanicus treats him poorly," Artemis explained to Caelia as they continued their walk across the antechamber. "He was very helpful with what I was asking the Senator for, so he may be a better source of information than Germanicus, if we cannot talk to the Senator."

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:17 pm
by aine
"Servants are often an excellent source of information - alas often only to other servants. I may do better with the master, but we shall see when we get there. Let's hurry along as we haven't much time." Caelia Alba precedes the two men, Artemis and Spurius, out of the palace gate; she nods her thanks to the guard and continues towards the theatre and baths.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:51 am
by jaysun81
Story looks at the companions assuring them along as he proceeds to follow Caelia towards the theatre and baths.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:40 am
by yockenthwaite
"I've got some ideas Story, based on what we know," says Elizabeth, "but I thought we should wait until leaving the palace before discussing them."

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:42 am
by jaysun81
Story nods at Elizabeth and says in a lowered voice, "Probably for the best."

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:42 am
by Ritterton
Artemis followed as he tried to understand all of the events of the day and hoped that he didn't get separated from the party he now found himself with.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:28 pm
by Thorn
Brook follows Story and Elisabeth, moving up beside them. She mutters softly, for their ears only:"If Caesar is saved, won't that seriously mess with history as we know it?"

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy
The group made its way out of the palace and through the grounds to the palace gates. Everyone then descended the Palatine Hill back to the Forum Romanum, and from there to the Theater of Pompey.
OOC,Feel free to continue talking to each other in the new thread. Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
Plans and Schemes