IC-Ep 1-A Royal Audience(Everyone else)

Story and his companions arrive in Rome in 44 BC, the day before the Ides of March. They encounter a very unusual soothsayer who delivers a warning to Julius Caesar and soon find themselves embroiled in intrigue.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-A Royal Audience(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Even with all her experience in elevated circles, Caelia is still over awed by the magesty of the Queen and her surroundings. She has never seen such intricately carved marble in such a size, and the queen? It is obvious that her beauty is enhanced by force of personality, she is positively glowing from within.
Caelia bows low.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook bows low, just to be on the safe side. Smiling, she sneaks a peek around the lavish room, especially the carpet, before looking back towards the Queen of the Nile. She bites her lip to stifle a small giggle. Queen of denial...
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis rendered a military salute first then dropped to a bended knee in the presence of the Queen. He replayed the initial glance he had of her and her royal apartment in his mind as he also bowed his head in silence. He wanted to be able to describe this event, this location to his children when he returned with the good news he received earlier in the day. The entire day was one he would remember for the rest of his life.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Upon entering the room Story quickly scans the area taking in as much as possible. Hearing the herald's call he bows before the Queen and hopes for the best.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by dustakr »

Spurius bows down..wondering what more to expect from this day...
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth bows as low as she can without risking falling over.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius bowed as well, along with everyone else. Cleopatra smiled upon her throne and raised her hand slightly. "You may rise," she said at last, her voice magnificent and alluring. Her visitors realized that it was the sound of her voice that was most likely the driving force behind the tales of her beauty. When she spoke, it sounded as sweet as honey, her pitch and volume utterly perfect. "Welcome, friends. What brings you into our presence today?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia looks round at the others before answering the beautiful Queen. "Your Esteemed Majesty. I am Caelia Alba, physician and first daughter of Caelius Albus Graecus, the great Roman physician. I am from Rome but I have traveled widely to Greece and Egypt and I love your beautiful country greatly.

I am here today with my friends to warn you of a terrible plot to assassinate Caesar. We realise now that you were already aware of the plot but we have all agreed to help in whatever way we can and have been speaking to Nefertiri about this."
She looks at the others again, "Has anyone got anything to add?"
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis rose and shook his head "no" at Caelia's question, his eyes still fixated on the Queen. Then realizing he was staring, he looked down in embarrassment.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Caelia then at the Queen before saying, "Most great and powerful Queen Cleopatra, while it is true that there is a plot afoot to assassinate Caesar I beg of you to not interfere. I've seen the days to come and Shai has decided the way she desires the story to be told. Humbly I request that you not intervene... what has yet to happen has been set in stone. No man, or woman, may bring about change lest they bring down the harshest of rebukes from Shai herself." Story yet again bows before the Queen. Upon standing upright he keeps his head bowed and eyes to the floor.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cleopatra smiled upon Caelia. "You are always welcome here, Caelia Alba. The service that you and your father have done for Egypt is well known to us, and we are ever grateful. Likewise we are doubly grateful for your offer of further aid. Any knowledge you may possess of the plot would be most welcome, and anything you and your friends can do to safeguard our friend Caesar would be appreciated by both Egypt and Rome." Then she favored Story with a frown. "And who are you to speak for Shai? One of my servants informed us that you came from the Temple of Thoth in Khmun. Are Thoth and Shai lovers now?" She raised an eyebrow. "That would be a piece of gossip we have not yet heard."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks upon Cleopatra and says, "You are correct Shai is not Thoth's wife, for his wife is Ma'at. I'm merely a traveling soothsayer who has been to various Temples for a season. Furthermore, I have been blessed to have seen many things that have been and many more that will be... things which can only be attributed to the masterful crafting of Shai. It's because of the balance Thoth seeks to maintain as well as the story Shai wishes to tell that I speak out." Story looks at Adelphus while continuing to speak to the Queen, "Some in your own court know this event to be the will of Shai." He again looks upon her and bows his head, looking at the floor.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Adelphus had remained in the antechamber, but he was still visible through the still open doors. "Adelphus has seen some of the same things you have, it is true," said Cleopatra. "That does lend confirmation to the fact that the plot exists, but we cannot merely remain idle and let Caesar die. We must make an effort to save him, even if that effort is ultimately in vain. If the gods truly wish him dead, then nothing we can do will prevent that."

"My Queen," said Nefertiri, "there is something to what he says that makes sense, though I too disagree with his recommended course of action...or rather, inaction. There is a group of those who claim to be servants of Thoth, a secret brotherhood. They are active in Egypt, but they no doubt have a presence here in Rome as well. Perhaps they are behind this plot against Caesar. The ones who worship the Sphinx, of whom I told you before."

"Ah, now things become clearer." Cleopatra regarded Story anew, suspicion in her gaze. "Are you a part of this brotherhood? You travel all around, to Egypt and to Rome. You claim to know Thoth's will and insist that it not be defied. You will explain yourself fully to our satisfaction."

The Egyptian guards present in the throne room tensed, and the slaves looked on nervously.
OOC,[b]Elizabeth[/b] and [b]Lucius[/b], you may roll Cthulhu Mythos. Everyone, including the two of them, may also roll Occult.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

OOC:   [dice]0[/dice] have to get less than 5%---> and I missed it  
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia looks at Storey with concern; who is this traveller who can see the future? He doesn't seem too concerned about the future of Rome at the moment or about them helping Caesar and she begins to doubt her judgement about helping him and his party into the palace.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by dustakr »

Occult Roll,[dice]0[/dice]. General question, what does Occult tell more about on success..
...Spurius unable to understand what Story has to say...but well aware of situation gets little nervous as well...still looking down.
Last edited by dustakr on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth rolling Cthulhu Mythos (stat 5%)
[dice]0[/dice]

Elizabeth rolling Occult (stat 5%)
[dice]1[/dice]
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"I'm afraid I possess no knowledge of a secret brotherhood devoted to Thoth. If I was to claim special allegiance to one specific god in the Egyptian pantheon it would be Heh. That said your Majesty, I've traversed the eons, seen the hands of both Shai and Thoth at work throughout the ages as empires having rising and falling. Though the fall of Caeser will cause pain for many, trust me... like a phoenix from its ashes new life will spring forth. My associates and I will assist in whatever way we can for the good of Rome. If a secret brotherhood is attempting to subvert Fate, or rather manipulate Fate for their own purposes they must be stopped. Dark forces such as the Black Pharaoh have been known to dabble in human affairs for their own nefarious ends." Looks at his friends and then concludes, "My companions and I are at your disposal Cleopatra, Queen of Kings." Once again bows before the Queen, keeping his eyes to the floor.
FAILURE,[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=76338&macid=0]Occult 20% - [1d100] = 85[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cleopatra's frown turned to a smile, and the tension eased. "That is much better spoken," she replied to Story. "It is well that you revere Heh. Time is so precious, and we have so little of it."

"The Sphinx..." said Lucius. "Something about that is familiar, but I cannot quite put my finger on it."

"I'm familiar with the Sphinx and its riddle," said Titus. "Oedipus was said to have solved the riddle and defeated the Sphinx, saving the city of Thebes - the one in Greece, not the one in Egypt. He tried to defy Fate, and in so doing he ended up causing his Fate - a terrible one - to befall him. I have heard of a group in Egypt who worship the Sphinx. They are known as the Brotherhood of the Beast, and they are a particularly dangerous bunch."

"Yes, those are the ones," said Nefertiri observing both him and Story with growing interest. "And you know of the Black Pharaoh as well, and oppose him. That is good. You are indeed the right people for the task at hand."

"Indeed," said Cleopatra. "We accept your offer of service. What we require is for you to discover everything you can about this plot, and about the Brotherhood of the Beast's presence in Rome and possible involvement. You may return to the palace to report what you have learned to Nefertiri at any time, but do so no later than tonight. We know we have until tomorrow, but no longer. Is there anyone else you can think of who may be able to aid our cause?"

"Senator Germanicus, my patron," suggested Titus. "He is a great friend of Caesar, and he will stop at nothing to protect him, or failing that, to avenge him."

"Excellent," said the queen. "Is there anything else any of you wishes to say?"
OOC,On a successful roll, Occult would tell you relevant information to the conversation from mythology or other esoteric knowledge of the supernatural, but it would not tell you information related to the Mythos (that's where the Cthulhu Mythos skill comes in, and you usually have to go a little crazy or read a forbidden tome before you get points in that). However, as you failed the roll, it tells you nothing. [b]Lucius[/b]'s Cthulhu Mythos roll (5% skill): [dice]0[/dice] [b]Lucius[/b]'s Occult roll (15% skill): [dice]1[/dice] [b]Titus[/b]'s Occult roll (75% skill): [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Your Majesty, Artemis raised his head and looked at the face of the Queen. "Why would this brotherhood want to harm Caesar, and why is it associated with a black king?

Return to “Episode 1”