IC-Ep 1-Cold Pursuit(Everyone else)

Story and his companions arrive in Rome in 44 BC, the day before the Ides of March. They encounter a very unusual soothsayer who delivers a warning to Julius Caesar and soon find themselves embroiled in intrigue.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-Cold Pursuit(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Palatine Hill- Rome, Italia
Morning - March 14, 44 BC

Adelphus vanished in the crowd partway up the Palatine Hill. His pursuers continued in the direction they had been last seen him run, but they had lost sight of him. The crowds were not much thinner here, though most of the people were heading towards the Forum rather than away from it, which made moving against the tide difficult.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Cold Pursuit(Everyone else)

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis tried following the old man that was heading towards the Palatine Hill. Yet, the mass of people moving about quickly caused him to loose sight of the elder, and made it feel like he was walking upstream in a very strong river current. He felt that staying down in the Forum would at this point be a distraction, as Fortuna had already smiled upon him with his encounter of Senator Germanicus, who he had lost in the crowds. He looked about and tried to get his bearings and sense of direction.
Spot Hidden 25%,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/335000]Spot Hidden 25%[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]47[/b][/url]
The crowd continued to press against him as he pushed onward towards the Palatine Hill.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Celia Alba makes her way slowly towards Palatine Hill. The crowds are becoming bigger and more boisterous. She stops for a moment and looks about but sees only the hustle and bustle. She continues on.
Spot hidden,Fail - 85
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Spot hidden 45 % [dice]0[/dice]

Brook follows Story and Elisabeth, not quite sure where they're going, but not wanting to lose them in the crowd. She looks around as she walks hurriedly.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by dustakr »

spot hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
Spurius heading towards palatine Hills, He thinks of getting hold of his horse as soon as he can manage to leave forum, a very crowded place now...
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

FAIL,Rolled a [b]43[/b] (Spot Hidden 28%)[i] Invisible Castle appears to be down.[/i]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Grognardsw
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Grognardsw »

Aricus, ex-gladiator

Aricus rubs out his pulled muscle while looking about.
Spot Hidden Roll,[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=71069&macid=0]Spot Hidden (25) [1d100] = 39[/url]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth rolling Spot Hidden, stat 48% (aarrggh: Invisible Castle down!)
[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Lucius[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (61% skill) on Palatine Hill: [dice]0[/dice]
Elizabeth Young,Looking up the hill, [b]Elizabeth[/b], could see no sign of [b]Adelphus[/b]. However, she did spot the other augur who had been with him at the gate of a palace high up the hill. The palace looked to have Egyptian-styled decorations, and two bare-chested Egyptian-looking guards stood just within the gate conversing with him. They opened the gate and allowed him to pass inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Look up there!" says Elizabeth urgently to Story and her fellow TARDIS travellers, pointing high up the hill. "Can you see that palace up there? The one that looks Egyptian? Remember the other fortune teller who was with the strange old man? I just saw him go inside that palace. The guards let him go straight through the gates."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks in the direction that Elizabeth is pointing and say, "Egyptian you say? Let's take a look."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia Alba spots the strange old man and his two female companions pointing to something further up the hill. She follows them as they continue climbing and notices they are heading towards the Temple for the Egyptians. Caelia used to visit here as a young girl as part of her studies but she hasn't been back for a while.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

OOC,Spurius returns to his outpost, reports in an old man he found at forum and willingness to investigate more about old man near Palatine Hills..he prepares himself for little voyage...gets his horse and weapons.. ready to leave outpost again towards palatine Hills...
Last edited by dustakr on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story and his companions, rejoined by Lucius, soon arrived at a lavish guest palace. The gates were guarded by a pair of muscular, bare-chested Egyptian guards with odd curved swords at their belts, who were standing inside the gates on the palace grounds.

Caelia followed the Britannian party at a discreet distance, and she saw that their destination was not in fact the temple, but a nearby guest palace.
OOC,[b]Spurius[/b], it will take you some time to get to the outpost. In that time, you will likely lose track of the other people here, who seem to be on the track of something, and [b]Adelphus[/b]'s trail will have time to grow colder. You can still do it if you like. In that case, you'll need to wait until I'm ready to split and merge threads.
Caelia Alba,[b]Caella[/b] recognized the palace as the one where [b]Queen Cleopatra[/b] was staying as a guest of [b]Julius Caesar[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

OOC,if I recognize old man as Adelphus, I can go on asking about him while walking towards palatine Hills. I was thinking as I had only glimpse of him running past me..I may not even know what it was..I could roll spot hidden again or ask about an old man to passerby..then again I am new to investigating / coc / rping and still learning.. then I thought If its going to take that much time..why not get prepared, get some help, catch up at palatine hills. [i] If its allowing Spurius to continue its course of action and get back into pursuit, he can wait else please suggest as he can walk towards palatine hills as others..[/i] still not sure how to interact with other PC, cause I could recognize the faces but unaware if had any conversation with them before...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Aricus[/b], you can still be in the Forum if you like. You'll remain in the current thread until I'm ready to split and merge them. Please let me know what you're doing there, or, if you're going somewhere else, where you intend to go. [b]Spurius[/b], you witnessed the scene in the Forum at the beginning of the adventure, in the previous thread, and you recognize the other people who are heading up the hill trying to find [b]Adelphus[/b] (whose name you know from the earlier conversation that you observed). You already failed your Spot Hidden roll here, so you don't get to roll again, but you do see how [b]Elizabeth[/b], who did see something, and her friends have reacted, and you see where they went. If you want to talk to other PCs, all you have to do is speak in character in your post and say whatever you want to say to them. Then they can respond as they see fit. If you want to ask random people on the hill if they've seen [b]Adelphus[/b], describing him to them, please roll Luck. You could still go to your outpost to report what you've seen and try to get help. Now that you've seen someone go to the palace, you can find it again. Keep in mind that you'll want to be careful what you tell people about what you noticed about [b]Adelphus[/b]. While Romans do believe in magic, it's not something they see every day, and it may take some effort to convince people.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia Alba watches the party go to the door of the palace. They must be exalted guests indeed, she frowns; they don't look Egyptian at all, except the young girl, possibly. Unless she can think of an excuse to enter the palace too, her mini quest is at an end. And then she spots someone else who seems overly interested at what is happening at the palace gates; a man who seems fraught with indecision. Caelia walks towards Spurius and raises her hand to get his attention.
Mr. H Spurius,If Spurius doesn't want to head back to the outpost, Caelia may just catch him before he leaves...
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Upon approaching the lavish guest palace Story looks at the bare-chested Egyptians and says, "Greetings my good fellow. We seek entrance into the palace in order to speak to the fortune teller who just entered mere moments ago."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Grognardsw
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Grognardsw »

Aricus, ex-gladiator

After walking off his pulled muscle Aricus tries to dismiss thoughts of the serpentine old man. Perhaps the gods are sending him a message, but the ex-gladiator isn't sure what it means. Will there be treachery in the arena tomorrow? He ponders this while getting back to his stroll of the forum.

Return to “Episode 1”