IC-Ep 1-Cold Pursuit(Everyone else)

Story and his companions arrive in Rome in 44 BC, the day before the Ides of March. They encounter a very unusual soothsayer who delivers a warning to Julius Caesar and soon find themselves embroiled in intrigue.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Cold Pursuit(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

"I'm not sure why I did that. I hope you don't think me too presumptuous!" Says Caelia quietly to the others, as they walk slowly on. "We'll have to come up with something interesting but at least we are inside." She is impressed with the beautiful surroundings; it looks like there has been some new interior decorating recently in the latest style.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Caelia and smiles, "Presumptuous? Being presumptuous is the spice of life." Looks around at his companions for a moment before continuing, "That said, things are quite spicy as you set a rather high bar for all of us." Running his right hand through his hair he exhales and says, "May the good Queen find it either plausible or entertaining."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by dustakr »

Spurius gets an odd smile on his face while listening to new visitor, Story. Spurius walks near Caelia, 'Is there anything bothering you, Miss?..' Spurius asks Caelia, 'since you are familiar with place, it's better to know of any danger inside palace.'
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia smiles at Spurius. "No, I know nothing of any dangers here as long as we are on our best behaviour around the Queen of course. Maybe you wouldn't mind being my bodyguard while we are here? It's a good excuse for your presence. My husband was a soldier just like you but he died a while ago, in battle." She says to everyone, "That one that you were following - does he present a danger to the Queen? Maybe you can alert her to that."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes he may do," says Elizabeth, nodding in response to Caelia's question. "I didn't see him properly, but some of the others did. There is something very strange about him, which could be dangerous for Cleopatra. Yes that may be a good thing to mention to her."

As they walk she looks around her with interest, trying at the same time not to appear too overawed by her surroundings, and the thought of meeting Cleopatra.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook takes in the sights, grinning. Just to be able to see what these buildings were like inside was amazing. Most of them was little more than rubble in her own time. She catches herself humming a few bars of Walk like an Egyptian, then bites her lip, embarrassed.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis is surprised that he is ushered in with the others. He smiled in amusement as the named Caelia used both her titles and her charms to keep the guard's attention. It was her distraction them that allowed him to move on in with them. Curiosity if nothing else was his guide. To see the fabled chambers of the Queen of Egypt would be something that would be of legend when he returned home. To actually glimpse the young queen who captured the heart of general of the senate, that would be even more remarkable. The grouping was bit reflective of Rome's reaches with accents being from places that Artemis did not recognize. He didn't even recognize the music the dark haired, young maiden was humming to herself in front of him. He continued to strain to listen to the conversation ahead of him between the physician's wife and one of the other travelers who were talking about someone the smaller group had been following and who could pose a threat to the queen. Especially with the size of the dark Nubian guards they had already encountered who were taller than Artemis by a good head or more.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods in agreement to Elizabeth's comment and says, "Quite right. There was something quite... foreign about the old man. I'm afraid he isn't what he appears to be." Upon hearing Brook hum the tune he looks at here and smiles before saying, "Your connection to home, even in the strangeness of the present... whatever present that may be, is soothing." Noting her embarrassment he turned his attention to Caelia. "So, I take it that like your father you are also a physician?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia bows her head to Story, "I am. I often help my father but I am a physician in my own right. It is a somewhat difficult profession to pursue as a woman and it means I can't always use my skills to the full. But I enjoy learning; I traveled to Greece and Egypt to discover their medical theories and medicines too. I'm afraid the lure of seeing a bit of Egypt again has possibly led me astray here!" She laughs. "Are you from Rome? Or further afield?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"We're from the temple of Thoth in Khmun." says Story with a wink. After a moment he smiles at Caelia and says, "We're from a great distance away, some of us much further than the other..." Gesturing from Lucius he continues, "Except for Lucius. He's closer to home than the rest of us." Having said that Story stoops down and smells a flower. Standing back up he looks at the group, "Some times you've got to stop and smell the roses."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Aricus[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Stage Is Set
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
A Royal Audience
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign: