IC-Ep 1-All Roads Lead to Rome(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Story and his companions arrive in Rome in 44 BC, the day before the Ides of March. They encounter a very unusual soothsayer who delivers a warning to Julius Caesar and soon find themselves embroiled in intrigue.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-All Roads Lead to Rome(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

TARDIS Control Room
In transit through time and space

Story stood beside the TARDIS console monitoring the controls as she flew through the vortex, en route to some new adventure, somewhere, somewhen. The TARDIS had been stolen by amphibious humanoids during their last adventure in Dunwich, and he was glad to have her back. He had no idea if the friends they had met there had succeeded in their mission. Had they managed to rescue Dr. Valerie Kirby? What had they done about Dunwich afterwards. He couldn't help but think that he might have been able to make a difference. Twice in a row he had left the scene without knowing the end of the story.

Elizabeth Young stood beside him, recovered from the shock she had suffered - mostly. Encountering fishmen and their half-human offspring had been terrifying enough. Recalling the thing she had seen on the TARDIS scanner still gave her the willies. The worst thing about it was that she somehow knew that it was also partly human.

Lucius Verres was also present. While he enjoyed traveling with Story, Elizabeth, and Brook, he also found the strange futures they had visited disturbing, and he was getting homesick. He was beginning to have his doubts about whether Story could get him home. But if he did return to his own time and stayed there, he would never see any of them again.

Brook Davies was exploring the halls of the TARDIS. Their last adventure had been thrilling, but possibly too thrilling. That one creature had nearly discovered her when she had to surface for air in that dank cavern because she had started to drown. If not for a timely distraction from one of the others, it would have been looking right at her when she surfaced. She couldn't help but wonder what strangeness they would find the next place they landed.
OOC,[b]Brook[/b], you can enter the console room when you make your first post. Everyone, feel free to interact.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-All Roads Lead to Rome(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Br

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks up from the console and turns towards Elizabeth. He says, "I fear I made a wrong choice... running away like that. Leaving those poor folks to navigate the dark tunnels while a monster stalked about." Looking her directly in the eye he continues, "Is it wrong for my first impulse to be to protect you, Lucius, and Brook? Tell me... should we have stayed?" Story breaks eye contact, but before she can reply he looks back at the console and attempts to change the direction of the conversation by asking, "How are you feeling? Better I hope."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"You didn't run away Story, you tried to move the TARDIS to help," says Elizabeth, refusing to let him change the subject completely. "Please don't feel so guilty. We tried to help. We have to hope things worked out for the people that were left. They were certainly a resourceful bunch. If anyone could defeat those things they could."

And smiling ruefully she continues, "And I am feeling better, thank you. That thing was - oh I don't know how to describe how I felt when I saw it. But I'm better now. Hopefully we won't run into one of those creatures again."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You said yourself the TARDIS has a mind of her own," said Lucius to Story. The Time Lord had previously referred to the TARDIS using the female gender, much like a sailor would speak of a trireme, but he also seemed to regard it as a living thing. Perhaps he meant it as a metaphor. "She must have taken us away for a reason, and you could not steer her. Also, while I do not fear for my own life, I share your concern for Elizabeth and Brook, and it is never wrong to want to protect them." He smiled at Elizabeth. "I am glad you're dong better, Elizabeth. I would not care to see anything like that thing again either."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at his colleagues and says, "You're right... you're both right." Patting the console he continues, "Hopefully wherever she is taking us now doesn't involve a Creature from the Black Lagoon. One encounter with amphibious man monsters was enough."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As if Story had prompted the TARDIS, she made the familiar noise that indicated that she was getting close to landing at their destination - wherever and whenever that may be.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Pilot TARDIS at double your skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

FAILURE,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4835878/]Pilot TARDIS (Doubled) - 40% (1d100=50)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The landing was a bit bumpy, but no moreso than usual. The central column slowed as it ascended and descended before finally coming to a halt. They had arrived.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at his companions and smiles before turning on the viewscreen. As he turns his attention to the screen he says, "Where did you take us this time? Hmmm."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles and looks at the viewscreen as well, eager to see where, and hopefully also when, they have landed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius also regarded the viewscreen, his excitement growing as he saw the details. The monitor showed an alleyway with somewhat familiar architecture. The buildings were made of white marble. The egress from the alley was visible in the distance, and they could make out what looked to be a bustling marketplace beyond. Occasionally someone would walk past, sometimes wearing a toga, sometimes a tunic. "This looks Roman!" exclaimed Lucius. "I'm home again!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Excellent!" says Elizabeth, turning to smile at Lucius. "It certainly does look Roman. I wonder what time we have landed in though?" She peers at the screen some more, eager to see any more pertinent details.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Navigate. [b]Elizabeth[/b] (and [b]Story[/b] and [b]Lucius[/b], if you look at the monitor), please roll Spot Hidden. [b]Lucius[/b], please roll Know. Also, I edited the description of the people moving past the mouth of the alley. They aren't carrying baskets or amphorae.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

FAILURE,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4837004/]Navigate - 10% (1d100=17)[/url]
SUCCESS,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4837005/]Spot Hidden - 28% (1d100=16)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story checked the instruments and was able to tell that they were indeed in ancient Rome, but he could not determine the exact year.
Story,The people strolling through the marketplace seemed happy and relaxed. One man in a particularly fancy toga was trailed by a hideously deformed figure. It was hard to tell at first, but he could determine that the figure was human and male.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looking away from the viewscreen Story says, "Well, what do you know? It is indeed Rome!" Story walks over to Lucius and grips his shoulders, "It would seem we're in your playground my friend." Releasing his grip he smiles and returns his gaze to the viewscreen while saying, "In the midst of a marketplace it would seem... Brook has got to see this. Hopefully she will be along soon."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
hexelis
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by hexelis »

Spoiler:
Spot 61% - rolled 57 success
Spoiler:
Know 50% - rolled 87 failure
"I almost don't believe it, you've done it. You've brought me home!" Smiling at Story and the others.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius Verres,The people strolling through the marketplace seemed happy and relaxed. It was probably some sort of holy day. One man in a particularly fancy toga that marked him as a senator was trailed by a hideously deformed figure, no doubt his slave. It was hard to tell at first, but he could determine that the figure was human and male.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Spot Hidden roll failure,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4838583/]Rolling Spot Hidden (stat 48%) when looking at viewscreen after TARDIS lands (1d100=77)[/url]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Upon hearing the familiar whooshing sound of the TARDIS, Brook darts back towards the control room. "Have we landed? Where are we? When are we?" She runs over to where the others are gathered around the monitor. "Cool! A toga party!"

Return to “Episode 1”