Page 1 of 1

[IC - SCENE 7] The Hunting Lodge

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:17 am
by Overlord87
The hunting lodge where you decided to hide Madeleine is a few chilometers south of Paris. Jacques gets there first, followed shortly after by the other three. The lodge is an old wooden building, on two floors, capable of hosting comfortably half a dozen people. It's lost in the beautiful countryside, not far from a little blue lake, and for the first time in a while, war seems a far away problem.

There are three gendarme guarding Madeleine. They report that nothing unusual has happened, and the prisoner has not tried anything suspicious. You find her in a bedroom on the second floor, with windows barred from the outside, and a guard at her door. She doesn't seem particularly worried by her situation, though, and smiles as she sees you.

"Good evening, gentlemen. You probably did not have a fine time in Verchanne, but I trust it must have been an instructive experience"

Re: [IC - SCENE 7] The Hunting Lodge

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"You might very well say that, Madame," says Jacques with a wry expression. "We have seen what you wanted us to see there. Two of my friends bear its wounds, as you can see. I shot it three times, twice in vital spots, and still it survived and escaped."

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 pm
by ghill
Francois doesn't enter. He introduces himself to the Gendarmes guarding it then does a circuit of the grounds looking to see if he can find any suspicious tracks, once satisfied he moves away from the house and finds himself somewhere with good sightlines all around but especially towards the house.

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:40 pm
by Overlord87

"You... fought... it? What?", she seems surprised for a second, then she exclaims: "Oh! Oh God... you met a ghoul, didn't you? Nothing else would walk in Verchanne these days, but I hadn't thought...". She stops for a second, then adds: "I'm sorry, I didn't want to put you in danger. But you had to see, what we did there... the reason why it must never be done again".
Francois,All seems calm outside, for now. You hide in the brushes, about twenty meters from the house, and starts your watch.

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It's called a ghoul?" says Jacques. "Does that mean it...eats the dead? I can see why it would be drawn to Verchanne, for there were plenty of dead there. We saw them as well, and I do understand why the weapon should never be used again, as I'm sure Monsieur Dupont must have when he saw its effects.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:36 pm
by Overlord87

"I'm glad we can agree on this. That's why we chose to hide the book. In a safe place, where no one will find it. But only if I manage to disappear. Or else...", she stops for a few seconds then continues, wearing a tired expression on her face: "Or else you can kill me. That would work, too".

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"I will not kill you" says Jacques. "I can't let you go, either. I take it this book has the instructions for manufacturing the weapon. I'm glad you were the one who removed it and put it somewhere safe. I had been worried that the Germans had gotten their hands on it. If you tell us where you've hidden it, we can go take care of it."
OOC,Using Reassurance.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:15 am
by Overlord87

Madeleine nods weakly: "Very well. But there will be sacrifices to make, and before we are done, you'll regret making this choice. I'll ask you one more time... are you truly sure?"
François,From your hidden position, you see a group of hooded figures closing in on the house. You count ten of them, all wrapped in heavy black robes, face hidden.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:14 pm
by ghill
Keeper,[b]Francois[/b] prepares himself for the worst he see's no reason why anyone should be anywhere near the hunting lodge. Checking his rifle for the 100th time he steadies his breathing and takes aim at the lead figure. If the figures do anything suspicious Francois hopes to drop the figure he is aiming at with his first shot. As [b]Francois[/b] positioned himself out here because he feared the cloven hooved creatures might try something his first thought is that his suspicions were well founded, looking at the figures gait is there anything which might indicate their legs are doglike rather than human if that were the case he's going to take a shot. Sense Trouble?+1 [dice]0[/dice] - to spot anything unusual about the figures Firearms [dice]1[/dice]- does taking time to aim make any difference?

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"I can speak only for myself," says Jacques, nodding, "but I would not be much of a gentleman if I allowed you to pay the price instead of me. Just having been to Verchanne means Death has already marked me. Most of my life is behind me, and most of yours is still ahead."

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:18 am
by Overlord87

"Then, we need to return to Paris and...", she can't finish her sentence as you hear a gunshot coming from outside, and then more coming from outside and from the lower floor.
Francois,You are positive these are humans, with normal legs and feet. As you watch, they creep closer to the house, then they take out guns from under their robes. As you see that, you open fire on the closest figure, sending a clean bullet through his head, and splattering blood on a second men standing near your target. In a matter of moments, hell breaks loose as the hooded men and the gendarmes inside the house open fire. [ooc]Roll Stability please.[/ooc]
OOC:   Each of you can take action now. Most of the group is with Madeleine on a bedroom in the second floor, while Francois is outside.  

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Stay away from the windows, Madame!" calls Jacques, drawing his pistol and ignoring his own advice. He moves to the nearest window from the side and carefully peeks out, ready to open the window and return fire if necessary.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:27 pm
by ghill
Francois wonders whether his prey has identified his firing point if they have he'll slip out of his hide and moves to another position, otherwise he'll draw a bead on another one of the beasts and shoot it.
Francois,I have no idea whether I can spend on this or not if I can I'd like to spend +1, but I'm not sure if that is possible (in which case reduce result by 1) Stability Test [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:43 pm
by krzyspmac

Jean-Luc moves to the wall while trying to struggling prepare his old pistol.
OOC:   Rolled 1d6 = 5  

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 am
by Overlord87
Madeleine follows your advice and crouches next to the bed, while you run to the window. There are several men outside, dressed in black robes, not unlike those of medieval monks. Their faces are covered by hoods, and they carry firearms. They are scattering around and firing towards the house, where the gendarmes are firing back.
François,Two of the men have turned towards you, and seem to be looking for you. If you shoot now, you will surely reveal your position.
Jean-Luc,No need to roll to prepare your weapon, but you'll need to roll to hit if you decide to shoot. Remember that you can spend Firearms points to improve your roll if you want.

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 am
by ghill
Keeper,[b]Francois[/b] carefully lowers himself from his perch and moves off to find another firing point to take his shot, it is best he decides to treat this like 'une chasse au sanglier', a boar hunt. Best not to shoot unless you can kill your target with the first shot and ideally without being seen, otherwise you risk being charged by the rest of the sounder. [ooc]Francois will spend this turn looking for a place out of the line of sight to the two looking his direction before taking his shot. Stealth to avoid being seen +1 spend [dice]0[/dice][/ooc]

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques is relieved that it is not ghouls attacking. Men with guns he can understand and handle. Leaning around the edge of the window frame to maximize his cover, he takes a shot at one of the armed robed men.
OOC,Firearms roll (2 points spent) shooting at a robed man: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to robed man, if the shot hits: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 pm
by Overlord87
Jacques takes aim and fires, hitting one of the hooded men in the chest and sending him to the ground. One more is hit from the bullets fired by the gendarmes on the lower floor. The assailants are now in the open, and under heavy fire, but they do not seem willing to retreat, and start firing back. A couple of bullets fly near Jacques, and one manages to scratch his shoulder.
Jacques,You lose 2 Health. Also, roll Stability, then choose your actions for the next round.
François,You manage to sneak out of your hiding place and move through the trees without being seen, before fiding a new position. Choose your actions for your next round.

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:33 pm
by krzyspmac

Jean-Luc leans over to see a bit more and tries to fire from his old, unused pistol hoping that it won't kill him in the process.
OOC:   1d6 = 5; not using Firearms atm  

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques is shaken by the wound. While it is not that serious, it has been a long time since he has been wounded in combat, and he had not been expecting it. He tries to take another shot at one of the attackers.
OOC,Stability roll (no points spent): [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:34 am
by ghill
Confident, that he has slipped away Francois settles into another firing position and selects another target he hopes the lack of fire from the direction of his hiding place may mean the two who were looking have turned their attention back to the more immediate threat from the house.

Aiming at one of the two watchers +1 spend and taking the time to aim[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques returns fire at the man who just shot him, hoping to take him out of action, but the shot goes wide due to his recent wound.
OOC,Firearms roll (no points spent): [dice]0[/dice] Can I use Intimidation to try to demoralize them?

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:53 pm
by Overlord87
The gunfight is reaching its climax now, as the two sides are relentlessly trying to kill each other. Jean-Luc shoots with his gun, and he's almost surprised to see that not only the gun is working just fine, but his bullet has found its way to target, as it hits the leg of one of the enemies, throwing him off balance. He rejoices for a second, but not being used to violence, he immediately cools off at the idea of having wounded, possibly killed, another human being - even if in self-defense.

Meanwhile, two more aggressors meet their end in the span of a few instants: one, hit by Francois's hunting rifle, the other by one of the gendarmes at the ground floor. Still, the hooded men are shooting back. The bullets hit the house, on both floors. One pierces Jean-Luc's shoulder, pushing him back a couple of steps, while a painful scream from the lower floor suggests that one of the gendarmes might have gone to meet his maker.

By now, only four of the hooded men are left standing. Still, they keep firing like madmen, and they seem to be screaming... a prayer, or a song... as they die. You can't quite make up the words with all the noise and the gunshots.
Jean-Luce,You lose 3 Health. Also, roll Stability please.
Jacques,You lose 2 Stability
OOC:   You can now act again.  

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy

More enraged by his wound than anything, Jacques fires a third time, caught up in the heat of battle.
OOC,Firearms roll (no points spent) shooting at an attacker: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to attacker (if the roll hits): [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:14 pm
by ghill
Francois moves again and then selects another target hoping that he is still undiscovered.
Keeper,Stealth:[dice]0[/dice] Firearms [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:46 pm
by krzyspmac

"God forgive me..." he thinks to himself.
OOC:   Stability 1d6=3  

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:17 pm
by Overlord87
Francois's hunting experience seems to be coming in handy, and shooting an human target, once you get past the moral implications, it's really not any harder than shooting a boar. So, one more hooded men is hit straight in the head and collapses to the floor like a broken puppet.

The moral implications of shooting to kill seems to be troubling Jean-Luc, on the other hand. God might forgive his effort of self-defense, but the man is having an hard time forgiving himself. And as he stares blankly at the gun that just shot, a bullet fired from below hits him straight on his left arm, slightly below the shoulder. Pain rushes to his brain, pushing out any other thought.
Jean-Luc,You lose 2 Stability and 6 Health.
Two more of the hooded men are gunned down by the gendarmes on the ground floor, and only one is left standing. There's a moment of sudden silence, and you think you can hear the man chuckling, then he thrusts the barrel of the gun inside his mouth and pulls the trigger. Then, it's finally over.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:43 am
by ghill
Francois slings his hunting rifle and pulls his pistol out before walking out of the cover inspecting each of the bodies, in turn, to make sure all are dead. He then returns to the first body and starts to search it for anything incriminating.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:00 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques hurries downstairs to treat the wounded. He is of course wounded himself, but he is sure the others' injuries are worse.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:31 am
by Overlord87
Jacques runs downstairs to discover that two of the gendarmes only have a couple of scratches, while the third one was hit in his chest and looks beyond saving. He is breathing heavily, in the arms of one of his comrades, holding a small picture or her wife in his hands.

Francois checks the fallen enemies. Two of the men are wounded, not dead yet, but they'll die if not treated quickly. All of them wear the same simple clothes, a pair of trousers and a shirt, all black under the black robe with hood that they used to cover their faces - faces that, once revealed, seems to be absolutely ordinary. A more in-depth analysis reveals something peculiar about their bodies, though: on each left shoulder there's a strangely shaped scar, resembling very precisely a skull.
Evidence Collection,All the guns look new and coming from the same batch.
Forensics or Medicine,All the skull-shaped scars were inflicted with a jagged knife, to make sure the wound would not heal completely. It must have been, without a doubt, a very painful process.
Occult,The scar looks like the old symbol of [b]Mordiggian[/b], an ancient Goddess of Death. She was known with many names, her current one (Mordiggian) was born during the Black Death pandemic in the middle ages. Heretical cults were born, saying you could be healed from the plague by offering the soul of a loved one to the Goddess. These cults were violently hunted by the Church. Still, most occult experts would agree that the entity known as Mordiggian could in no way be linked directly with disease or healing. As such, those that spread her cults during the Black Plague were knowingly selling false hope to offer even more Death to their dark goddess.
1-Point Occult Spend,Ghouls and cannibalism are often linked with the cult of Mordiggian in ancient texts.

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques goes outside and joins his friends. "Somehow they knew we were here," he says. "I know my gendarmes did not talk. I hand picked them because I've known them for decades and trust them implicitly. It had to have been someone else who knew. We must move Madame Morvan, and this time share her location with nobody. Better still, we could report her as having been killed in the attack. They won't try again if they think she's already dead." He examines the robed men and their possessions. "These guns are all new, and from the same batch. The serial numbers are close together. And these skull tattoos were not made with needles, but with a jagged knife. The pain must have been extreme, and it was intended that the wounds would not heal fully." He sets to work on one of the wounded men. "We must keep these men alive so that we can interrogate them. It will be difficult to make these fanatics talk, seeing how willing they were to die and endure pain, but there are approaches that may work."

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:59 pm
by ghill
Francois looks at Jacques with a tired expression he finds there is as little joy in hunting men much as he had expected. Still, he does not let the past few moments cloud his thinking and he is not one to ignore the obvious.

Until we talk to these men and discover who they are and what they wanted we can assume nothing. Who is to say they were not here to rescue Madame Morvan or that she did not somehow summon them to this place herself. In addition, Andre, Jean-Luc and I all met up with Julienne before we came here, loath as I am to blame a long time friend, but who is to say that he did not tell the wrong person where we were going or any one of us might have been followed here.

Julienne says Madame Morvan is evil but we must recover the book as this is the key to the secret weapon, Madame Morvan says the book is evil and must be hidden and her with it, and the army cares not as long as they have access to their secret weapon. After all, I have seen these last few days I do not trust any of them.

Merde, hang them all, I trust none other than our small group.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"D'accord, I agree," says Jacques. "However they found this place, we need to find out. Whatever the truth is, we'll get it from them. I have much experience interrogating prisoners."

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am
by Overlord87

Madeleine joins you outside, looking at the dead bodies: "As I feared.... You see this mark here?", she points to the skull-shaped scar, "It's the mark of those who worship Mordiggian, an ancient deity of death. Her cult has waxed and waned over the ages, growing whenever there were massive events of death. As you can imagine, it has resurfaced again in these dark days. The book we hid... and that you unwisely seek to bring back to light, is in fact called The Book of Mordiggian. An unholy tome... and these fanatics here are looking for it".
OOC:   Ok, let's move on. Starting from friday, I'll be 10 days in Japan, so we'll have to stop again, but there's no reason not to play these days :D  

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:54 pm
by ghill
Francois looks at Madeleine do you know how they might have found you? he asks.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm
by Overlord87

"Well, I was thinking that they arrived here following you. Otherwise, they would have attacked before your arrival".

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"I came here directly from General Gallieni's office," says Jacques. "I do not think I was followed. What of the rest of you?"

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:56 pm
by krzyspmac

"I do not think as well but then again my perception is not what it used to be." says Jean-Luc.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:34 pm
by ghill
I've been stalked by wolves in the in the Forest of Lagast and by Leopard in the jungles of Madagascar, but I don't believe I have ever been in the position of being stalked by a man. I honestly wasn't looking says Francois clearly somewhat abashed

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:49 pm
by Overlord87

"Well, it doesn't change what we have to do, anyway. If you want to recover that cursed book, that is. If you want to recover it... we have to return to Paris. ", Madeleine says.

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"The gendarmes can take the prisoners into custody," says Jacques. "I would like to interrogate them myself, find out just how they got here, but do we have time?"

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:41 pm
by ghill
OOC:   How did we get here? I assume for us civilians it was a train followed by a walk, but is there a car available we could all pile into to get us back to Paris or a phone so Jacques could use to arrange for transport perhaps?  

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:10 am
by Overlord87
OOC:   We can assume Jacques arrived here with a car. Keep in mind that all the prisoners are seriously wounded at the moment, and in need of treatment.  

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I do have First Aid, with two points unspent. The others have some as well. Of course, the rest of us could use some treatment ourselves. I took two points of damage, so one point of First Aid from someone else will get me back to full. Would one point of First Aid be enough to stabilize each prisoner, and how many have we captured?

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:22 am
by Overlord87
OOC:   There are two of them still alive. One point each is enough to stabilize them.  

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll spend my last two points if nobody else will. We'll also need to use First Aid to heal each other.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:53 am
by ghill
OOC:   Francois has 4 points in first aid so will make anyone else in need of care is treated.  

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:27 pm
by Overlord87
The two men get to work with alcohol and bandages, doing their best to keep the two prisoners alive. After a few minutes of sweating and grunting, their efforts seem to pay off: the two should survive to face interrogation. At the moment, though, they're unconscious. It should be possible, although a bit risky, to wake them up and have them answer questions.

Madeleine arches an eyebrow as she follows your efforts: "You're wasting your energies. These people are fanatics, and the world would be better off without them anyway".

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"I've gotten hardened criminals to crack before," says Jacques, "as well as fanatical Communards and anarchists. I think it's a worth a try, so long as we have the time."

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:36 pm
by Overlord87

Madeleine shrugs: "The tome is not going anywhere. But there might be more danger on its way here. It would be best we are on our way within the hour".

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"In that case, we should bring them to the gendarmerie," says Jacques. "We can question them there, separately, at our leisure."

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:22 pm
by ghill
Jaques Perhaps you can arrange for their transportation once we arrive back in Paris it will be rather cramped if we are to all travel back together.

Francois walks to the car opening the door he turns to Madeleine bowing slightly and gesturing for her to climb in. Mademoiselle still hasn't actually told us where the book is hidden nor how we are to deal with it after we have found it.
OOC:   Not sure if we're waiting for other players before moving on, but otherwise shall we back head to Paris?  

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques telephones the gendarmerie for a patrol wagon to come pick up their prisoners. "I'll go aboard the wagon," he tells the others, "and the rest of you can take the car."

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:58 am
by Overlord87

Madeleine gracefully enters the car. "We'll need to enter the catacombs. It would be best if one of your gendarmes could accompany us, Colonel".

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:18 pm
by ghill
The catacombs says, Francois, in which case we should obtain perhaps some rope and at least a couple of torches ideally at least one each. Because I for one do not want to become a ghostly friend for Philibert Aspairt*. You know his story, Mademoiselle? Philibert was a gatekeeper for the catacombs one day he heard a rumor there was a secret stash of brandy under a convent and so set out to find it with only a candle to light his way. His corpse was found eleven years later a few steps from the exit with a bottle of the said liquor in his hand. But do not worry they say he is a friendly ghost.

Francois will drive to an outfitter where hopefully he can acquire some electric torches similar to those the soldiers use in the trenches.
OOC:   1793 Philibert Aspairt only known death in the catacombs  

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"We may be able to get electric torches and other equipment at the gendarmerie," suggests Jacques. He selects one of the uninjured gendarmes that he had hand-picked to accompany them. "We'll also want entrenching tools, and there should be an ample supply. They're a soldier's best friend."

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:28 pm
by Overlord87

Madeleine answers Francois with a faint smile: "Charming tale, Monsieur. Let's hope we don't meet any ghost... or worse", she ends with an ominous tone of voice.
OOC:   So, you are stopping at the gendarmerie to get some equipment and then head into the catacombs, right?

Meanwhile, if I got it correctly, some more gendarmes will get back to the hunting lodge to get the prisoners and carry them to the gendarmerie.  

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd also like to interrogate the prisoners (separately) before we head to the catacombs.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:04 am
by ghill
We go to the gendarmerie grab torches and other equipment and then go the catacombs I do not believe the time it would take you to extract any information from those men would offset the benefit of acting swiftly. says, Francois. So Mademoiselle, tell us more about the book's hiding place because the catacombs are a big place, who put it there? Is it simply hidden or is it guarded by someone....or something? and who does it actually belong to?
Francois thinking:   You have secrets Mademoiselle and I want to know what they are before I trust myself in the dark beneath Paris with you at my back. I wonder how many steps removed you are from those madmen who just attacked us?  
OOC:   Francois will use the journey back to Paris to relentlessly question Madeleine. He wants to know the whole provenance of the book, how they found out about it, how they got it, especially how they came to think it was some kind of tool for the war.  
Francois will use a 1 pt Psychoanalysis spend to see if he can gauge how truthful she is being or whether he thinks she is lying by omission.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:26 pm
by Overlord87

"We hid it there, me and Sebastien. It was the only place, a place no one would stumble upon by chance in a thousand years. We knew they were looking for the book, the worshippers of Mordiggian. They let us play with it, kill those people in Verchanne. Then, when we grew scary of it, and we decided to hide it, they came after us. First Sebastien, then me", Madeleine says. "If you had just killed me, and destroyed my body, it would have been so much easier, really...", her voice trails off in a whisper.
ghill,You don't get the feeling she's lying. But she's definitely not right in the head. You can clearly see symptoms of [i]folie à double form[/i] (bipolar disorder), and she's definitely one for morbid thoughts. There's only one things bugging you: people talking and behaving like her, they tend to commit suicide rather quickly, if left unchecked and untreated. There's no sign she's tried or is willing to.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am
by ghill
"So you made a mistake, how would killing you make things easier or are you thinking it would just be simpler for you?" says Francois

OOC:   Francois is worried she believes resolving their current problems might in some way require her death  

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:08 pm
by Overlord87

She turns towards Francois and answers with a calm voice, as if discussing the weather, or some other trivial topic: "Without my head, they could never find the book. It's not just killing me. You must also destroy the head, or they could still dig out my memories and find it".

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:21 am
by ghill
Well as I doubt any of this party are of a mind to do that we will simply need to recover and destroy this damn book. One other thing mademoiselle what in heavens drew you to this book in the first place, why even meddle in such things. says Francois

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 am
by Overlord87

Madeleine falls silent for a few seconds, leaning back on the car seat, and finally answers weakly: "We wanted power. To end the war. To save people". She chuckles then, a bitter laugh, before falling silent again.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am
by ghill
"You had never dabbled in any of this sort of thing before the war?" Francois adds as he pulls up the car behind Jaques police vehicle.

OOC:   I really can't make up my mind whether this woman is a evil cultist or not :)  

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:57 pm
by Overlord87

She answers sarcastically: "What do you think? That we found an old evil tome by chance and somehow used it to summon an ancient entity of death? Of course we dabbled in the occult. Not that it helped us, oh no. Quite the contrary, I'd say. We'll probably be all dead before the end of this story, after all".

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:58 am
by ghill
"Well as 'Les Rosbifs' say 'that is water under the bridge' " He climbs out of the car holding the door open for Madeleine
OOC:   Shall we proceed into the Catacombs?  

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd like to interrogate the prisoners first.

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:48 pm
by Overlord87
After a couple of hours and some attention from a doctor, one of the prisoners sit tied in an interrogation room. He's a tall man, bald, with a long scar under the right eye. He would surely look intimidating, if not clearly weakened by the blood loss . He's pale and seems to be breathing with difficulty. Still, as you enter the room, he shots you a defiant glance.

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

He is probably expecting me to beat him, to work him over, thinks Jacques. Nothing so crude. That, he could possibly withstand. But I know the fanatical type. He will not be able to resist telling me about his cause. "Why do you want the book?" he begins. "What do you intend to do with it?"
OOC,Using Interrogation.

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 pm
by Overlord87
The man sneers, then starts speaking in bursts of angered words: "You fool... how can you understand! How can you... you have not seen it! The beauty... the beauty of our Lady! We will make an offering to her... to our Goddess! And we will become... become... like them", he ends the sentence practically spouting, saliva flowing down his chin.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who is your Lady?" asks Jacques, trying to appear eager and curious. "Tell me about her."

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:58 pm
by Overlord87
"Our Lady is merciful and kind", he answers, eyes staring into the air as if in trance, lips trembling. "She welcomes everyone in Her embrace and give them peace. It is her blessing. And we will help Her... oh yes... we will help Her show Her kindness to everyone".

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"How will you help her?" asks Jacques.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 pm
by Overlord87
The man starts laughing wildly: "Oh, you will see... yes... once the Master completes his work... you'll see".

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who is the Master?" asks Jacques.

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm
by Overlord87
The man keeps laughing: "The master is strong, the master is wise. He will get the book. And when he does, his work will be complete and the Lady will smile on us", he nods vehemently more than once.

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"What is the master's name?" asks Jacques.

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:29 pm
by Overlord87
"The name? You want the name?", the man says, then he bursts out laughing before saying, "You want the name? Come closer then. I'll whisper it in your ear".

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques doesn't trust the man, but there's a limit to what he can do while bound. He approaches, but he stays far enough away to prevent the prisoner from biting his ear, ready to pull back if he tries.

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:49 pm
by Overlord87
As soon as Jacques gets closer, the man whispers: "His name is...", but he doesn't end the phrase, instead he springs forward, trying to bite off a piece of Jacques's ear. But the old colonel is on guard, and retreats back before any real damage can be done. Nevertheless, the prisoner starts howling and laughing.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"A nice try," says Jacques, calm and collected, giving the prisoner a cold stare, "but I saw through it. I've been soldiering since before your father was born. Enough of that. Tell me his name. Now."
OOC,I'll use Intimidation along with Interrogation.

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:54 am
by Overlord87
The man seems to shrink and stops laughing. He now speaks reluctantly: "We know him only as The Master. He always wears a mask, and dark clothes. He has black hair. We know he's very rich, and powerful, he could easily get lots of weapon for us, and all these strange books of magic...", his voice trails off and he falls silent. Then he seems to realize that he's been telling too much, and widens his eyes. Then, before you can stop him, he violently bites his tongue off. The lump of flesh falls on the table, along with a torrent of blood.
OOC:   Roll Stability.  

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:11 pm
by Mr. Handy

As an old soldier, Jacques has seen it all before, including men killing themselves - though never before in this manner. Still, he is able to retain his composure, and he alerts the other gendarmes and his companions about what has taken place.
OOC,Stability roll (no points spent): [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 pm
by Overlord87
The man seems to lose consciousness, his head banging on the table in front of him, blood everywhere. By the time a medic reaches the interrogation room, he's already dead.

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"I think he took his own life because he had divulged what he knew," says Jacques. "He doesn't know the name of his Master, who always wears a mask, so his face is also unknown, but he has black hair and always wears dark clothes, and is very rich and powerful. He has access to weapons and odd books."
OOC,Does this descrption match [b]Julien Faure[/b]?

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:30 pm
by Overlord87
OOC:   Have we lost ghill, too?  

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:01 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Nope, still here. I just assumed we would not be allowed to be present in a Gendarmerie and or a Gendarmerie interrogation. I'd also like to know if the description matches Julien.  

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:13 pm
by Overlord87
OOC:   That is correct, but I thought Jacques was now speaking to the others after the interrogation.

Anyway, the description could match Julien Faure.  

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"The description could match Julien Faure," says Jacques, pondering.
OOC,Yes, I'm talking to the others now.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:59 am
by ghill
It could be Julien, its a description so meaningless that it could match any of a thousand or more men in Paris. It is immaterial our goal lies below at the moment the faster we secure this book the better. says Francois gesturing towards the entrance to the catacombs.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 pm
by Overlord87
OOC:   If that's fine for you, I'll be moving things on to the catacombs then.  

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I'm ready to move forward.