[IC - SCENE 7] The Hunting Lodge

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - SCENE 7] The Hunting Lodge

Post by Overlord87 »

As soon as Jacques gets closer, the man whispers: "His name is...", but he doesn't end the phrase, instead he springs forward, trying to bite off a piece of Jacques's ear. But the old colonel is on guard, and retreats back before any real damage can be done. Nevertheless, the prisoner starts howling and laughing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A nice try," says Jacques, calm and collected, giving the prisoner a cold stare, "but I saw through it. I've been soldiering since before your father was born. Enough of that. Tell me his name. Now."
OOC,I'll use Intimidation along with Interrogation.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The man seems to shrink and stops laughing. He now speaks reluctantly: "We know him only as The Master. He always wears a mask, and dark clothes. He has black hair. We know he's very rich, and powerful, he could easily get lots of weapon for us, and all these strange books of magic...", his voice trails off and he falls silent. Then he seems to realize that he's been telling too much, and widens his eyes. Then, before you can stop him, he violently bites his tongue off. The lump of flesh falls on the table, along with a torrent of blood.
OOC:   Roll Stability.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As an old soldier, Jacques has seen it all before, including men killing themselves - though never before in this manner. Still, he is able to retain his composure, and he alerts the other gendarmes and his companions about what has taken place.
OOC,Stability roll (no points spent): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The man seems to lose consciousness, his head banging on the table in front of him, blood everywhere. By the time a medic reaches the interrogation room, he's already dead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think he took his own life because he had divulged what he knew," says Jacques. "He doesn't know the name of his Master, who always wears a mask, so his face is also unknown, but he has black hair and always wears dark clothes, and is very rich and powerful. He has access to weapons and odd books."
OOC,Does this descrption match [b]Julien Faure[/b]?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Have we lost ghill, too?  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Nope, still here. I just assumed we would not be allowed to be present in a Gendarmerie and or a Gendarmerie interrogation. I'd also like to know if the description matches Julien.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   That is correct, but I thought Jacques was now speaking to the others after the interrogation.

Anyway, the description could match Julien Faure.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The description could match Julien Faure," says Jacques, pondering.
OOC,Yes, I'm talking to the others now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

It could be Julien, its a description so meaningless that it could match any of a thousand or more men in Paris. It is immaterial our goal lies below at the moment the faster we secure this book the better. says Francois gesturing towards the entrance to the catacombs.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   If that's fine for you, I'll be moving things on to the catacombs then.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, I'm ready to move forward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death