[IC - SCENE 5] Verchanne

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: [IC - SCENE 5] Verchanne

Post by ghill »

That sounds like a plan says Francois. Although, I intend to find a place outside to watch and will be there as soon as I have grabbed my rifles, warm clothes and a bit to eat. Naturally, I shall introduce myself to the Gendarmes on guard first
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   Certainly works for me, though my investigator isn't firing on all six at present :D  
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

You drive back to Paris and reach the city slightly before noon. Jacques heads right away to meet with General Gallieni. The other three head to their homes. Upon entering, they find a folded piece of paper on the floor, probably pushed under the door from outside. It says: "My friend, I tried to contact you yesterday, but couldn't find you. I would like to know how things are proceeding on that important matter. I'll be having lunch at Le Grand Cobert. If you can, please join me there. Julien".
Spoiler:
OOC:   Andre,Francois and Jean-Luc find the note as soon as they enter their houses. They can make it to the restaurant in time if they leave immediately. Or they can proceed as planned and head to Madeleine's hiding place right away. Let me know what your plans are and I'll open the IC threads.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

back in his apartment Francois debates his options then takes a shotgun down from its resting place on his wall, then after further consideration takes down a rifle designed for larger game. He then grabs a game bag from above his wardrobe with rounds for both guns. Finally then places both guns in carrying slips so he can carry them out on the street without being arrested. Satisfied he has made adequate preparations he heads onto the street and hails a taxi directing him to Le Grand Cobert.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Andre
Andre staggers into the apartment where he lives and doesn't see the note on the floor at first. He makes a cup of normal tea and is just carrying it through to the sitting room when he sees the slip of paper.His face contorts with pain as he bends to pick the note up and continues on his way into the sitting room. Once seated he opens the paper and reads, then re-reads the missive.

Glancing up at the clock he stands suddenly, knocking over his tea and soaking his trousers in the process.

"Damn and blast ... ah well I'd have to change for Le Grand Cobert anyway!"

He rushes though to the bedroom and changes, wincing as he removes the blood stained shirt from his wounded arm. After cleaning himself up as best he can he dresses in a more appropriate style for the meeting. Ensuring that he carries his revolver with him, as well as some spare ammunition, he heads out into the night for Le Grand Cobert and his rendezvous with Julien, hoping he is not too late.
Last edited by Cearlan on Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

Jean-Luc pushes the note with his shoe almost missing it. He reads the note, swears by all that's good and holy, gets himself some whisky for courage, grabs the old family MAS revolver in hopes that it works and rushes to Le Grand Cobert.
Just a cultist.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Francois arrival at the Le Grand Colbert causes somewhat of a stir and he is rather unceremoniously stopped at the door by the Maitre De and a waiter. About to lose his temper when he catches sight of himself in the window and realises what a state he looks. In such haste to get to Madeleine's hiding place, he has taken no care of his appearance. The dirt and muck which covered his clothes from scrambling around the village of Verchanne, the blood on his hands and smeared on his cheek and the tattered state of his shirt and jacket from where he was injured by the creature.

Francois tears a page from his notebook scribbles and a quick note on it. He hands it over to the waiter standing by the door along with a couple of francs for his trouble and repeats the message for Julienne 'he shall be across in the cafe having a large glass of much needed Anis'.

With that, he turns and trudges across the street.

OOC:   Props to Cearlan for reminding in his post me that Francois past few hours have not been uneventful  

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”