[IC - SCENE 3] Savatier's House

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: [IC - SCENE 3] Savatier's House

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Jacques, his suspicions confirmed. He doffs his hat before stepping inside. "May I ask why you have shorn your lovely hair?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

She shrugs: "Many people are looking for me, most of them without good intentions. I planned on leaving the city in the next 24 hours, to tell the truth. Did Julien send you after me?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, though I did not honestly expect to find you here," says Jacques. "We were pursuing another angle of our investigation on his behalf, and your presence here was a stroke of luck. What were the circumstances of your sudden departure?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

"Would it be possible for us to come in, rather than conduct our business on the doorstep?" says Francois interrupting the conversation keen to see inside the artists rooms.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,We were already invited inside, and I have already entered.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Edoard gestures you in: "I'm s-sorry, I didn't know you were Madeleine's f-friends. P-Please, come inside." He still looks agitated, but not about to faint anymore. "You can sit in the kitchen. C-Can I offer you something? Some wine, or coffee?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Francois pays little attention to the conversation instead he gives his attention to the contents of the room they are in and the flat in general.
OOC:   Assuming there are examples of Edoard's work in the flat Francois will use the excuse of looking at the pieces as an excuse to wander around the flat.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Monsieur," says Jacques, making his way to the kitchen. "Coffee for me, please. No wine while I'm on duty."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Andre coughs into his hand and watches Savatier and Madeleine for their reactions;

"A little wine if you would be so kind Monsieur. Definitely no tea though, I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime. Why I had an episode at a salon you frequent earlier this very day; the Sunflower I believe it was called."
Last edited by Cearlan on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Madeleine looks surprised, then smiles at Andre and asks: "You tried the Sapna... and had a vision?"
Francois,You walk around the house, looking at the paintings. Each paining reports the date of its completion, and you see that they're arranged in a sort of chronological order, the older ones near the bathroom and the bedroom, then as you move towards the kitchen and the entrance, there are the most recent ones. You can't judge the paintings from a technical point of view, but you notice that the subject remains constant, with all the paintings featuring images of some fantasy world, with striking and clearly impossible scenery, and strange creatures as well. While the older paintings show relaxing sceneries, with a large use of light colors, lately they have turned towards a more dark overall theme, with scenes of destruction and a darker palette. Perhaps it's the influence of the war, although it seems to you that the change initiated before the war actually began.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Andre looks embarrassed, down at the floor then regards Madeleine square in the eye.

"Oui Madame, it is true. I tried the Sapna and had a terrible vision that even now terrifies me." Andre tries his hardest to keep the fear from his voice as he recalls being pursued by the worms, and that awful chanting. "So I would like some sort of explanation of what exactly is going on here si vous plait - what is Sapna and why does it have these properties that produce such hallucinations, for surely that is what they must have been?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What visions has the Sapna given you?" Jacques asks Edouard and Madeleine.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Madeleine is still looking at Andre as she says: "That is... remarkable. I would never have thought...", she then turns towards Edouard: "What do you think, Edouard?" The man looks at Andre for a few seconds, then says: "Indeed, he wouldn't seem inclined... m-meaning no offense, Monsieur", he adds quickly, then returns his attention to the preparation of the coffee. A couple of seconds later, as an afterthought, he adds, mumbling: "Perhaps it's the leg..."
Madeleine nods and says: "The Sapna unlocks a sleeping potential inside the human being. Not just everyone, though. In India it is believed that the Sapna chooses some individual over the others, but it's just nonsense. It's the other way around. Some humans have that potential, and the Sapna helps unlocking it. Other people don't, and for them the Sapna it's just a good tea. But in any case, it's not really meant to provide visions... or hallucinations as you call them. That's just a side effect." She pauses for a second, then says: "Before we continue, let me ask you. What have you discovered about Sebastien's murder? And what did Julien tell you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"One thing we found out was that he had been dead for some time," says Jacques. "He was also not killed in the room where he was found, but the body was placed there afterwards. Interestingly, the window to the room had been opened from the inside. That, coupled with your mysterious disappearance, had led me to consider you as a possible suspect. When and how did you find out he had been murdered, and why did you leave?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

Jean-Luc sits there with the others trying to get a good felling of the environments and Madeleine. He's trying to be close to Francois as he's not felling comfortable.
Just a cultist.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Andre sits in stunned silence trying to take in what Madeleine has revealed along with Edouard's intimation that it could be linked to his deformed left leg, something he has been afflicted with since birth
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Madeleine answers to Jacques, her voice still calm and composed. You can't help but be impressed at her self-control. "The night of the party. I hadn't met Sebastien the whole day, as he was out on... urgent business. But he should have been back at the house by then, so I went to check on him. That was when I left you. The door to the study was open, and the body was on the floor, beheaded. I checked to make sure that the dead body was actually Sebastien, then realized I had to left, and quickly, as Sebastien's killers would be targeting me next. I found one of the women from the house staff and asked her to check on Sebastien, to make sure that the body would be found, then left the house from a back door. I escaped here, and cut my hair, preparing to leave the city. Then you found me".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It is fortunate that I found you," says Jacques, in full professional mode. "You are an important witness. You may have information that will help me bring Monsieur Dupont's killers to justice. At what time did you find the body? How did you verify that it was in fact Monsieur Dupont? I had been wondering myself whether it was truly he. Do you have any idea who it was who would have wanted him dead? How did you know there was more than one killer, and why did you believe they would come after you next?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Madeleine bites her lips. She seems troubled for the first time. "Sebastien had a birthmark on a shoulder, that's how I verified that the body was, in fact... him. And I know who killed him. With those injuries... yes, I know who did that. And they... they surely got the information they wanted out of Sebastien. But that's only half of it. The other half is in here." She points to her head: "And you have got to let me go, Colonel. It's too dangerous to keep me in Paris, and killing me wouldn't be enough".
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Returning to the room just as Madeleine is finishing her confession Francois does not hide the incredulity from his voice.

Madame, surely you cannot believe for one moment that my friend Jaques will allow you to leave Paris when you are so clearly involved in his murder investigation. No if you truly believe your life to be at risk you must unburden yourself, tell him who you believe the murderers are and what their motive is and what exactly you have in that beautiful head of yours that they think is so important. Do this and then with his permission I might be of assistance in finding you a safe and secluded place outside of Paris

In his head Francois starts to list those hunting lodges which will be unused at this time of year and those owners on whose hospitality he might impose or call in favours

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”